Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re below Newcastle now. If we’re not careful we could very easily finish 15th.

It’s a shitfest of the highest order.

Too easy.

Awful season. Set pieces still an issue in May, unforgivable.

If he spoke with a French accent he’d have been hounded out ages ago.

Time to go.

Still no. He’s showing signs of turning it round even with some pathetic performances. Don’t kneejerk him out of the club for a bad season with many injuries when the FA cup rests in our trophy room.

He’s not going anywhere.

He infuriates me at times and I’d have happily pulled the trigger earlier this season.

At this point he’s not going and nor is there much point in replacing him. The squad is in need of and hopefully will get a massive overhaul this summer and I’m curious to see how it works.

Next Season: THE most important season ever. Again

According to sky. I think a lot of football fans surely realise that the epic bluster about every single game is just noise.
People like to use words like “crucial” and “vital” and “massive” for games that don’t really make a lot of difference.

The conundrum is do you financially back BR in the summer with his signings or does the board recruit with a view that if we start badly we will ship him out and bring in a different Manager? If you are the Chairman do you really want to splash out millions of pounds on players when you could have to pull the trigger and fire your manager 10-15 games into the season?

This is a critical time for our club and we get the summer wrong we could be relegated, I know everyone will say that is the same for all clubs however, I really think BR needs to conduct a root and branches clear out of the squad and will need to recruit 6-7 first team players hence the greater risk than say having to bring in 3-4 quality players.

Correct me if I am wrong but did BR not say that a lot of players are not at the required standard and will need to be moved on? Surely this time we have learnt our lesson that we recruit players that will go straight into the first team not players who would be reasonable back up to cover some injuries?

I'd question the quality of the coaching and what they actually work on in training.

All the players have shown they have ability, but something just doesn't feel right.

BR talks of a high press, high tempo game, why do we see a distinct lack of this during actual games?

I'd question the quality of the coaching and what they actually work on in training.

All the players have shown they have ability, but something just doesn't feel right.

BR talks of a high press, high tempo game, why do we see a distinct lack of this during actual games?

Because our squad had a piss poor preseason and have never been fully fit as a result = Coaching failure partly due to Covid.

Additionally, half the squad have spent a fair chunk of the season injured which hampers them way after they return = Bad luck and coaching failure.

Then there is the resulting strain on those that have to pick up the slack with so many players absent = Largely unavoidable.

And finally of course there is the small factor of a 58 game season = Success leads to extra games.

What is the excuse for a total inability to defend (or score from, for that matter) set pieces for two seasons in a row? There needs to be a serious inquisition into this over the summer. If I was Top I'd be furious about this. How many points have we pissed away this season due to this embarrassing issue alone?

The corner problems keep making me think Brendan needs to have no say in coaching staff as well as recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00