• Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

Safe to say set pieces have been the difference in our season being a success or a failure.

Personally I still blame that horror tackle in preseason. That had a huge knock-on effect on our entire season - from recruitment to set pieces.

FOX Franks

What is the excuse for a total inability to defend (or score from, for that matter) set pieces for two seasons in a row? There needs to be a serious inquisition into this over the summer. If I was Top I'd be furious about this. How many points have we pissed away this season due to this embarrassing issue alone?

Agreed. A couple of months, okay fine

A few months, not looking great

Two seasons - bordering on ridiculous.

M17TT C

No denying the season is going to be a complete disappointment now but I believe BR has enough credit in the bank and the injury excuse to give him the opportunity to see what he can do with a full pre season to prepare and hopefully start the season with a near enough fully fit squad.

There are good reason to be fearful though as the amount of opportunities we create is basically woeful.

Combined with the fact we consistently allow the opposition to score the simplest of goals I can see why people are rasing the possibility of relegation.

Personally, I don't think it will happen but it does depend on our summer transfer business.

If we are to persist in the 1 up front, we need to sign 2 quality wingers at an absolute minimum.

A lot also depends on departures, Tielemans I think we can live without based on this season but if we lost Maddison then I would fear we could have a dramatic fall from grace.

M17TT C

What is the excuse for a total inability to defend (or score from, for that matter) set pieces for two seasons in a row? There needs to be a serious inquisition into this over the summer. If I was Top I'd be furious about this. How many points have we pissed away this season due to this embarrassing issue alone?
It's a basic at any level of football so absolutely no chance of winning anything at the highest level unless this is sorted out.

If we actually scored a few from corners in our top 4 bottling seasons, that could have been the small extra difference required to get us over the line.

Now we can't defend from them either it is really costing us.

parafox

Safe to say set pieces have been the difference in our season being a success or a failure.

Personally I still blame that horror tackle in preseason. That had a huge knock-on effect on our entire season - from recruitment to set pieces.
We're of course much worse at them without our first choice defenders... but we're still shite on set pieces even with our first team in. Our lack of creativity has cost us points in recent season, but we don't give ourselves a chance when we concede such soft shit goals. The responsibility has to be with Rodgers because he's not come close to fixing this glaring issue and whatever solution we have tried has only worked temporarily at best.

Joe_Fox

Awful season. Set pieces still an issue in May, unforgivable.

If he spoke with a French accent he’d have been hounded out ages ago.

Time to go.
See you later then, take care.

Robin127

I'd question the quality of the coaching and what they actually work on in training...

Ria Ferdinand made a comment after the Real Madrid v Man. City game criticising the standard of defending by both teams. He basically said that centre backs these days spend more time in training working on playing out from the back than acutally defending.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Ria Ferdinand made a comment after the Real Madrid v Man. City game criticising the standard of defending by both teams. He basically said that centre backs these days spend more time in training working on playing out from the back than acutally defending.
We're clearly lagging behind then. Ours seem only to be concentrating on playing across the back!

M17TT C

Some of the players' wages are just as bad.

londonfox

Safe to say set pieces have been the difference in our season being a success or a failure.-
A poor season from our goalkeeper, insistence on playing out from the back when we’re not good at it, summer signings having zero impact, slow tempo, lack of creativity, no decent goalscorer, poor tactics, confusing substitutions, poor coaching…. these have all made the difference too.

homer

We are down to 14th place if current match scores remain

Well worth ten million bars, if yous asks me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675