Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen someone on Twitter amazed that people don't want Brendan sacked still as we're 14th and 'headed for our worst Premier League season'...

Short memories, some people...

I think I’ve identified the root of the issue.

The reason for both the general fan malaise and the lack of support for Rodgers is tied to our identity.

It dawned on me this iteration of City is one of my least favorite to watch, probably around there with the Puel sides…and I think it’s because they are antithetical to what I think the identity of our club is.

For 20 odd years we’ve been defined by our obstinance, our fight and our desire to upset the established order…This side is the opposite of that…soft, easy to play against, and lacking in resiliency. They seem happy to play nice football and occasionally lose to better sides. The Roma match was a perfect example of this side in a nutshell.

It’s not what Leicester fans want, it’s the antithesis of our identity. So it feels like a chore to watch us this season.

The reason for both the general fan malaise and the lack of support for Rodgers is tied to our identity.

It dawned on me this iteration of City is one of my least favorite to watch, probably around there with the Puel sides…and I think it’s because they are antithetical to what I think the identity of our club is.

For 20 odd years we’ve been defined by our obstinance, our fight and our desire to upset the established order…This side is the opposite of that…soft, easy to play against, and lacking in resiliency. They seem happy to play nice football and occasionally lose to better sides.

It’s not what Leicester fans want, it’s the antithesis of our identity. So it feels like a chore to watch us this season.

Precisely what went through my head watching the Roma game. The best Leicester teams of my lifetime, MON, Pearson and Ranieri never knew when they were beaten.

We’re so tame and polite now.

For 20 odd years we’ve been defined by our obstinance, our fight and our desire to upset the established order…This side is the opposite of that…soft, easy to play against, and lacking in resiliency. They seem happy to play nice football and occasionally lose to better sides. The Roma match was a perfect example of this side in a nutshell.

And yet the last two seasons have been good to watch. It’s like a switch has been flicked.

And yet the last two seasons have been good to watch. It’s like a switch has been flicked.
I’d worry the balance of club identity/personnel with Rodgers preferred style has now swung too far in the Rodgers direction - which is why it’s worrying he will oversee an overhaul.

It should be a summer signing hard bastards, particularly at CB. We will sign nice footballers.

Yeah, hated winning the FA Cup last May, I did...
Which was a fine example of an out of form team rallying and pulling off a shock result. We defended like warriors that day.

Why the **** the players haven’t approached anywhere near that level of fortitude other than PSV away since then is baffling.

“If we finish top 10 and get to a final of European competition, it would be one of my best seasons as a manager. Given the injuries and our budget and what we’ve come up against, that would be really good.”

Imagine owning a club with players that were capable of top 4 finishes. In scenarios where you were comfortably in charge of a top 4 place. Imagine bottling that twice because of poor management decisions.

Imagine then backing that manager by giving him a bumper contract to make him the third or 4th highest paid manager.

Imagine then going against your normal strategy of selling every year to balance the books and instead investing £60m in the team. Imagine this when a global pandemic has hammered your business which relies on tourism.

Imagine that manager then going off to market with your 60m and coming back with utter garbage. Imagine then the weirdest tactical choices and inability to solve basic set piece problems an elite price tag manager should be able to resolve.

Image him then trying to gaslight you into thinking this is good.

Even if we come back today to win 10-2 you can absolutely **** off Rodgers. I’m sick to death of your small club mentality. I can’t imagine how soul crushing it must be to work for someone like you. Please just **** off.

He can't coach the basics,

Get him gone tonight Top and show some ****ing leadership

We managed to show some fight when it mattered once. Matches like the FA cup final have been the exception and not the norm for us. That's why it was such a miracle.

At this stage I don’t think it is bold to say that we won the FA cup in spite of him not because of him. He has in essence had a very good team and he has sucked all the life out of them. But it’s okay. Apparently this is where we belong. It’s all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669