• Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't blame all the bad on Rodgers and not give him credit for the good
Regardless of what this season has been like, and what you think about his current situation, I find it astounding how little credit he gets from some on here for two of our finest seasons, a cup win and two other cup runs. Not saying that means he has to stay, but let’s at least give credit where it’s due.

Regardless of what this season has been like, and what you think about his current situation, I find it astounding how little credit he gets from some on here for two of our finest seasons, a cup win and two other cup runs. Not saying that means he has to stay, but let’s at least give credit where it’s due.

Yup. He deserves credit. Also deserves the boot. Both things are true.

Piper has a poll going too, obviously not just our fans voting.

20220508_182139.jpg

It's the wrong time to get rid.

Of course he deserves credit for some fantastic achievements and I too am astounded by the lack of it from some but he's made awful errors of judgement this season and, seemingly, is too stubborn to admit them. Getting rid of him now however, doesn't really help us.

I'll give him the summer and the start to next season, especially given the injury toll of this one but the football needs to improve. Not just the results, the football. We need an identity and we need to be difficult to beat like we were for so many games under him.

If his attitude to change doesn't alter then he will be gone by Christmas.

Newcastle fans are already doing this.
Yes, they’re idiots and like with Man City I’m never going to watch or attend a game involving them ever again. **** them.

Of course he deserves credit for some fantastic achievements and I too am astounded by the lack of it from some but he's made awful errors of judgement this season and, seemingly, is too stubborn to admit them. Getting rid of him now however, doesn't really help us.

I'll give him the summer and the start to next season, especially given the injury toll of this one but the football needs to improve. Not just the results, the football. We need an identity and we need to be difficult to beat like we were for so many games under him.

Is it the wrong time? This summer will see a major turnover in the squad, I'm not sure I trust BR to make the right choice but I think he will be making the decisions.

I’m afraid BR’s ham fisted comments in a public forum asserting the fans expectations as misguided and entitled don’t sit well. Whatever his thoughts and beliefs might be, speaking openly of such entirely contradicts the intensity and intestinal fortitude we evidently lack on the field and undermines that which he purports to be working tirelessly to try to instill. Our team’s onfield persona reflects precisely that of our highly paid manager: weak, indecisive and defensive (somewhat ironic). We need a Sean Dyche type character (not necessarily Dyche himself) rather than this limp biscuit to reboot and create a team prepared to fight going into next season. That’s what we’re known for and what has always stood us in good stead. Tired of excuses and redirection.
BR’s right in one sense, we do need to take a long hard look at who we were to then know who aspire and expect to be. Time he did the same or time to move him along.

Every time Brendan looks like he’s learnt something, he starts spouting that random bullshit about how he’s saved us as a club.

He just needs to shut it and get on with fixing the obvious problems.

Sack the ****. Anyone who can’t see that his time is up is ****ing blind. The whole club needs a refresh and this has to start with the manager.

What is the point in reshaping the squad if it’s going to be managed by a twat with the same tactics and same inability to adapt?

And this whole “first European seni-final” bollox is exactly that. Yes, I know it’s true. But we should never have been in that competition and the only reason we were was because of failure.

Every time Brendan looks like he’s learnt something, he starts spouting that random bullshit about how he’s saved us as a club.

He just needs to shut it and get on with fixing the obvious problems.
He had a good team, and while he was playing in position and giving them freedom to have a go they were doing well.

He randomly then tinkered and changed things. Those things haven’t worked and the massive frailties we have just aren’t being properly addressed.

He’s an ego maniac. The first chance he got he was chucking players under the bus because of course he can do no wrong.

Numpty.

Yes, I gave gone one way and then the other in terms of his tenure.

I can accept mediocrity, lack of skill, system brain farts, defeats and most other things, but the one thing I ****ing loathe is perceived lack of effort.

You can't blame all the bad on Rodgers and not give him credit for the good
He did some good things when he joined them inexplicably tinkered until he sucked everything that made us good right out of us.

If we sack a manager immediately after reaching our first ever European semi-final, the season after winning our first ever FA Cup alongside a second consecutive fifth-place finish, I’ll be beyond amazed. Unless we’re seriously in a relegation battle next season, and it’s explicitly and obviously because of his shortcomings, he’ll be here this time next year.
These things paper over massive failures. Comfortable in 4th 2 years running and his decisions utterly bolluxed that. This year has been bad. Carry on in this vein we are in shit street next year.

I’m so glad we spent all that money on a new training ground, it really is paying dividends what with all the set piece improvements and everything.

We’re in May and not even mathematically safe from relegation yet. Slumped out of Europe twice, and a pathetic attempt at the FA Cup as current holders.

I seriously have no idea how he is still here.
The balance of a very expensive contract is the reason.

And I don’t think he gets enough criticism for how he bottled two of our potential best finishes, failed for an entire season to address set pieces, spent 60m on utter rubbish, then tried to gaslight us all by saying it was good, as though we are back where we rightly belong. Perhaps he wants to be sacked?

I don’t understand why it’s the wrong time. I see no value in letting him waste £60m more (120m total - probably the most any manager has had for this club) then change when we are in some real trouble. Get rid now and let someone else have a window.

I do think history repeats, and this guy is properly Scooby Doo Peter Taylor in a mask.

And I don’t think he gets enough criticism for how he bottled two of our potential best finishes, failed for an entire season to address set pieces, spent 60m on utter rubbish, then tried to gaslight us all by saying it was good, as though we are back where we rightly belong. Perhaps he wants to be sacked?
I think he does. He believes he has done everything he can here and is now telling fans not to expect much more. He’s positioning himself at the exit door as the saviour and claiming no one could have done better.

Has he gone yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469