Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he does. He believes he has done everything he can here and is now telling fans not to expect much more. He’s positioning himself at the exit door as the saviour and claiming no one could have done better.

I think he's right. The many disappointments of the last three seasons, together with WHU's implosion over the last few weeks point up how difficult it is for clubs of our size to maintain a challenge for a Champion's League place whilst chasing assorted pots which involve playing 50+ games in a season.

I wish I knew what the way forward for the club is other than something we clearly aren't going to do - throw shedloads of money (and £60m whether "wasted" or not is chickenfeed) around.

If he stays he'll at least have the advantage Ranieri had, 38 games only and the chance of a season light on injuries, but I think the Prem has moved on in the last six years so it probably won't be enough.

I think he's right. The many disappointments of the last three seasons, together with WHU's implosion over the last few weeks point up how difficult it is for clubs of our size to maintain a challenge for a Champion's League place whilst chasing assorted pots which involve playing 50+ games in a season.

I wish I knew what the way forward for the club is other than something we clearly aren't going to do - throw shedloads of money (and £60m whether "wasted" or not is chickenfeed) around.

If he stays he'll at least have the advantage Ranieri had, 38 games only and the chance of a season light on injuries, but I think the Prem has moved on in the last six years so it probably won't be enough.
When Rodgers joined, I believe we were in the scenario where staying in the top division was expected, alongside reasonable cup runs. To suggest we were delighted to just about stay up having won the league 2 seasons before is nonsense.

If he doesn't believe he can push it further that's fine. I think most of us accept that mid-table in the premier league with an interesting cup run (and of course winning the FA Cup) is not bad, and King Power are not in the place to pump in the required funds.

But it doesn't justify his price tag, if that's the case. He has accepted that pay rise with the brief being "keep us challenging for European football". He cannot now complain that expectations of him are too high based on his squad and his achievements.

There are other managers that could deliver mid-table and cup runs with this squad, who would cost us less than half of Brendan's wages (and they might actually work out how to prevent us conceding at corners)

I don't think the answer is for him to go as yet - but I hope someone is having a word about how the fans see him.

Last time I saw figures we had the 8th highest budget, so as much as you can say we over achieved the 2 previous seasons, for which Brendan deserves praise, we have under achieved this season.

While I accept that our injuries have severely hampered us, there are serious coaching flaws (not least set pieces) that Brendan has failed to address, and he still should have done better in both the League and Europe. Most frustrating are his comments that this season's results are as good as we should expect.

I think he deserves criticism for various aspects of this season, but I also think he deserves the opportunity to correct them next season.

The fact that we have no head of recruitment and a disappointing medical team are concerning problems that higher management than Brendan should be held accountable for.

I don’t understand why it’s the wrong time. I see no value in letting him waste £60m more (120m total - probably the most any manager has had for this club) then change when we are in some real trouble. Get rid now and let someone else have a window.

I do think history repeats, and this guy is properly Scooby Doo Peter Taylor in a mask.
When we brought in Bertrand, most people (not including myself) were over the moon about what a sensible signing it was. People keep telling me Daka will be a good signing so that's another. Soumare should have been perfect for us (on paper) from what we saw if him in France but that hasn't worked (yet). Perez was an okay signing as a squad player. Praet still splits the crowd; I remember BN telling us he was the best midfielder at the club at one stage. Ünder was a failed experiment thus he was a loan. Vestergaard is great for a certain type of defence; that ain't ours and this was a stupid signing. Having said all of that however, under Rodgers we have brought in Fofana, Tielemans, Justin and Castagne.

I'd say that there is some excellent business there. What makes you think any other manager would do better in the market? Most of the PL have equally sporadic records in terms of quality signings as we do.

When we brought in Bertrand, most people (not including myself) were over the moon about what a sensible signing it was. People keep telling me Daka will be a good signing so that's another. Soumare should have been perfect for us (on paper) from what we saw if him in France but that hasn't worked (yet). Perez was an okay signing as a squad player. Praet still splits the crowd; I remember BN telling us he was the best midfielder at the club at one stage. Ünder was a failed experiment thus he was a loan. Vestergaard is great for a certain type of defence; that ain't ours and this was a stupid signing. Having said all of that however, under Rodgers we have brought in Fofana, Tielemans, Justin and Castagne.

I'd say that there is some excellent business there. What makes you think any other manager would do better in the market? Most of the PL have equally sporadic records in terms of quality signings as we do.
People’s opinions are irrelevant. The only relevant opinions belong to the scouting team and BR. They thought these players were worth the money, but they aren’t. We were in a place where quality could be replaced by quality. That ship has now sailed unfortunately.

People’s opinions are irrelevant. The only relevant opinions belong to the scouting team and BR. They thought these players were worth the money, but they aren’t. We were in a place where quality could be replaced by quality. That ship has now sailed unfortunately.
But that doesn't make an ounce of sense. The scouting team are working with the data as well as what they see and I can absolutely follow the logic in quite a few of the signings made. I literally pointed you to some excellent players we have brought in under Rodgers as well. Its obvious to see why sone of these players were brought in and easy to see what the thought processes were behind them. Some may still come good for us.

Like I say, his record is pretty much akin to most other managers' in the league. They all have their successes and they all have their failures. He has no more or no fewer than most.

But that doesn't make an ounce of sense. The scouting team are working with the data as well as what they see and I can absolutely follow the logic in quite a few of the signings made. I literally pointed you to some excellent players we have brought in under Rodgers as well. Its obvious to see why sone of these players were brought in and easy to see what the thought processes were behind them. Some may still come good for us.

Like I say, his record is pretty much akin to most other managers' in the league. They all have their successes and they all have their failures. He has no more or no fewer than most.
It’s fine if we disagree, neither of us is trying to get in bed with the other.

I think he does. He believes he has done everything he can here and is now telling fans not to expect much more. He’s positioning himself at the exit door as the saviour and claiming no one could have done better.
I agree with this. It’s damage control.

What I did was great because [budget/injury/reasons*]

*insert as appropriate

Well he won’t have Mahrez, Kante or Vardy at absolute peak. But Vestergaard and those other quality signings are a force of nature so we’ll be fine I’m sure. :icon lol:

Bertrand was always a waste of time. Vestergaard good but not in our system. Daka and Soumare were very much unknown and a gamble. At least one will end up on loan in Turkey for a few seasons before being released.

It's not a problem we've only had under Ted. There's been some awful signings over the years. Musa and Daka were both rated highly in pub leagues. We signed Silva off the back of an All-Priests five-a-side Over-75s Indoor Challenge Football Match and were shocked by his lack of mobility. Christ only knows how bad the French league must be that Soumare was a promising signing. I think the summer just gone seems that much worse because there's not one player that is likely to be here in a few years.

When Rodgers joined, I believe we were in the scenario where staying in the top division was expected, alongside reasonable cup runs. To suggest we were delighted to just about stay up having won the league 2 seasons before is nonsense.

If he doesn't believe he can push it further that's fine. I think most of us accept that mid-table in the premier league with an interesting cup run (and of course winning the FA Cup) is not bad, and King Power are not in the place to pump in the required funds.

But it doesn't justify his price tag, if that's the case. He has accepted that pay rise with the brief being "keep us challenging for European football". He cannot now complain that expectations of him are too high based on his squad and his achievements.

There are other managers that could deliver mid-table and cup runs with this squad, who would cost us less than half of Brendan's wages (and they might actually work out how to prevent us conceding at corners)

I don't think the answer is for him to go as yet - but I hope someone is having a word about how the fans see him.
It’s small club mentality. No club would ever have gone anywhere if they ‘stayed in their lane’. Aim low, eventually you will achieve it with minimal effort.

We had a hungry group who believed they were good enough. They have been reduced to a group that looks bereft of invention. The creativity is gone.

This is good though. It’s where little Leicester should be.

Elite management.

When Rodgers joined, I believe we were in the scenario where staying in the top division was expected, alongside reasonable cup runs.
When he joined we were 8 points from the bottom and playing appallingly. I'm pretty sure we rushed through with the appointment on the basis that his first and only target for the rest of that season was to keep us in the PL.

When he joined we were 8 points from the bottom and playing appallingly. I'm pretty sure we rushed through with the appointment on the basis that his first and only target for the rest of that season was to keep us in the PL.
Maybe, but our expectations as fans were that we would be fine, and would have cup runs.
That’s why Puel had to go - amongst other reasons he wasn’t delivering.

Maybe, but our expectations as fans were that we would be fine, and would have cup runs.
That’s why Puel had to go - amongst other reasons he wasn’t delivering.
When Puel first joined we played some of the best football we’d seen for a long time.
Then for some reason it just went turgid.
It’s almost a more expensive version of deja vu!

When Puel first joined we played some of the best football we’d seen for a long time.
Then for some reason it just went turgid.
It’s almost a more expensive version of deja vu!
Agreed. The first 9 or 10 games under Puel were scintillating.

I do not think Top will pull the trigger he is extremely loyal if the rumours surrounding NP were true, the question then becomes how long does the chairman give him surely he must have been called in to explain the recent shower of shite over the past few months?

How do you back him in the markets pre season if you have doubts? the bonus is the current head off recruitment has been sacked we need to revert back to the DNA that brought us success and that was taking risk on a lot of unknown players.

BR goes for the middle of this market eg. he plays it safe Tielemens and Praet were safe bets, the odds were reasonable that they would be a good standard ( by christ we could have done with Praet this season!) His interview last season to disrupting the market gives an insight into where his thought process is, I do not believe for a second that BR would have taken a punt on the likes of Mahrez, Drinkwater or Vardy, yes we would have signed them however, BR would not have played them.

He has made very little attempt to blood younger players this season especially when we knew we were probably safe. The biggest concern is his refusal to adapt with formations that look to exploit other teams and attack them, he has become too negative when setting his stall out.

The question is then how long does he last next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363