Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
And today we are 8 points from relegation and playing appallingly.
That's a completely different point. I was merely pointing out that his remit when he came to the club was to keep us in the PL. That was as clear as anything. So, his statement was badly phrased but not incorrect.

The fact we've had a complete car crash of a season has absolutely nothing at all to do with that.

Maybe, but our expectations as fans were that we would be fine, and would have cup runs.
That’s why Puel had to go - amongst other reasons he wasn’t delivering.
Except that Rodgers has delivered. We have been fine and not only have we had a cup run we've won the thing.

Like I say, this season has been a car crash and if it doesn't look like improving after a proper pre-season, fewer injury concerns to key players and a couple of key signings then he'll be gone. Rightfully.

I'm not his biggest fan and it wouldn't bother me too much if he were to be let go but then I also think it won't help things massively at this stage.

Except that Rodgers has delivered. We have been fine and not only have we had a cup run we've won the thing.

Like I say, this season has been a car crash and if it doesn't look like improving after a proper pre-season, fewer injury concerns to key players and a couple of key signings then he'll be gone. Rightfully.

I'm not his biggest fan and it wouldn't bother me too much if he were to be let go but then I also think it won't help things massively at this stage.
Rodgers has delivered, agreed. Then he's accepted an enormous pay hike that brings with it new expectations. This season he has not delivered on those new expectations, and is now claiming the expectations were actually the same as the original ones.

That is my problem. If he hadn't taken the new contract with the new expectations, then the concept of delivering means something different.

Right we have a manager that is one of the highest paid in the league and his return is one FA cup ( which was amazing!!!!) however, if you look at it objectionally he has managed a squad that has failed to deliver two champions league places in consecutive seasons.

This season has seen the squad capitulate yet again. We had and blew the opportunity to finish in the top 6 or 7, this was mainly due to inept tactics and management imo.

Right we have a manager that is one of the highest paid in the league and his return is one FA cup ( which was amazing!!!!) however, if you look at it objectionally he has managed a squad that has failed to deliver two champions league places in consecutive seasons.

This season has seen the squad capitulate yet again. We had and blew the opportunity to finish in the top 6 or 7, this was mainly due to inept tactics and management imo.
However, if we finish top half, that will be 5 seasons on the trot. The first time in the top flight in our history.
We aren't as big a team as some of our supporters believe we are.

let's have 10 seasons in the top 10, then we can start talking again

if you look at the two Everton fixtures we should have won that is 6 pts. the Newcastle game we should have won that is 3 pts. that puts on 58 points the same as Man Utd.

yep you are bang on absolute wibble!

for 3 seasons in a row we have squandered these opportunities that would have brought in huge revenues to invest further in the squad. just look at how the teams will improve next season.

Man Utd new manager and huge funds.

Man City just signed a striker

Liverpool will invest again.

Chelsea about have new owners and will invest.

Newcastle now have more money than Man City.

Spurs will more than likely qualify top 4 and will invest.

Us? we have gone backwards under BR

If we win on Sunday, his record with us is likely to be:

PL - 5th, 5th, 8th
Cups - LC Semi, FA Cup Winners, ECL Semi

We can pick out many decisions or issues with BRs approach to games at times, but you really cannot argue with that record.
BN yes it is a massive achievement but you can not ignore we have squandered the opportunity to have finished 4th, 4th, 6th.

if you look at the two Everton fixtures we should have won that is 6 pts. the Newcastle game we should have won that is 3 pts. that puts on 58 points the same as Man Utd.

yep you are bang on absolute wibble!

for 3 seasons in a row we have squandered these opportunities that would have brought in huge revenues to invest further in the squad. just look at how the teams will improve next season.

Man Utd new manager and huge funds.

Man City just signed a striker

Liverpool will invest again.

Chelsea about have new owners and will invest.

Newcastle now have more money than Man City.

Spurs will more than likely qualify top 4 and will invest.

Us? we have gone backwards under BR
Can I repeat 'wibble' or are there rules about this sort of thing?

BN yes it is a massive achievement but you can ignore we have squandered the opportunity to have finished 4th, 4th, 6th.

Every single club that finished around us in the league in each of those seasons could say exactly the same thing.

None of us are that good. That's the truth of it. This league has two sides that everybody else appears to enjoy losing to and the rest are pretty mediocre.

Every single club that finished around us in the league in each of those seasons could say exactly the same thing.

None of us are that good. That's the truth of it. This league has two sides that everybody else appears to enjoy losing to and the rest are pretty mediocre.
I agree with your post I am frustrated that we have blown 3 glorious chances to push on as a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363