Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how it's structured, but I imagine the Stadium is owned by King Power group and not by the football club directly. Therefore, I would imagine that any improvements to it, would not affect FFP rules.

But I don't actually know.
I thought that sort of stuff didn't count against FFP, regardless of who owns the stadium? Still needs money, though.

King Power own the stadium and the new training ground. Leicester City only own Belvoir Drive.

If I understood correctly, the cost of the training ground was funded by loans to the football club guaranteed against future club income.

There is no way that they can do the same for the stadium development. It's simply not financially possible.

The only options I can think of are King Power to invest it or, more likely, for additional investors to get involved in the club to share the risk.

No spending on infrastructure counts for FFP purposes. See Everton for example.

I think that the stadium development will have to take place in order to make the club sustainable and enable us to be sold on.

I'd be amazed if King Power are not considering an exit strategy given what they've been through in recent years. The stadium development would give them that opportunity.

If an investor can be found over the next year or so to share the stadium cost, they would probably be the most likely next owner. They'd have to be fecking rich mind.

I'd be amazed if King Power are not considering an exit strategy given what they've been through in recent years.
It's something that's crossed my mind too, and not simply (not even) because of the club's wavering successes. In fact, more to do with KP than the club.

King Power own the stadium and the new training ground. Leicester City only own Belvoir Drive.

If I understood correctly, the cost of the training ground was funded by loans to the football club guaranteed against future club income.

There is no way that they can do the same for the stadium development. It's simply not financially possible.

The only options I can think of are King Power to invest it or, more likely, for additional investors to get involved in the club to share the risk.

No spending on infrastructure counts for FFP purposes. See Everton for example.

I think that the stadium development will have to take place in order to make the club sustainable and enable us to be sold on.

I'd be amazed if King Power are not considering an exit strategy given what they've been through in recent years. The stadium development would give them that opportunity.

If an investor can be found over the next year or so to share the stadium cost, they would probably be the most likely next owner. They'd have to be fecking rich mind.
But do King Power actually fund the football club in any way?

Leicester City FC is by far their greatest advertising tool for the King Power Group.

Before they owned us and got us where we are, no one over here, or in Europe, would have had a clue who they were.

But do King Power actually fund the football club in any way?

Leicester City FC is by far their greatest advertising tool for the King Power Group.

Before they owned us and got us where we are, no one over here, or in Europe, would have had a clue who they were.

King Power have loaned us around £150m since we were promoted if I remember correctly.

They'll also have underwritten the loans we've taken out I expect. As a club, we're massively in debt.

The only money they've put into the club as far as I'm aware is the equity of £100m Vichai converted when got promoted.

I assume that their plan is to get their loans and overall initial investment back plus a healthy profit when they sell us. Their security is the stadium and training ground.

They paid £30m for us and would probably be after £400m when they sell up. But unless we have more solid revenue, that's a push. The stadium development is entirely about increasing revenue.

Rumour is Rodgers has it written into his contract that we can sack at a significantly lower cost if he doesn't reach certain performance goals.

I honestly think the player we've been missing the most is Evans. I've said before how well he organises the defence, we're now seeing that without him Soyuncu is, at best, utterly unremarkable, Vestergaard hasn't, at best, settled in, and out great full backs haven't looked anything of the sort. Brendan didn't come with any reputation for defence coaching that I'm aware of, and I wonder if Evans' presence and ability has been what was papering over this enormous crack.

With the lack of alternative leaders in the squad, I don't see what can be done until the transfer window reopens irrespective of what happens to the manager. I'd be surprised if Evans doesn't end up retiring over the summer, so an organiser at the back will be absolutely critical.

I honestly think the player we've been missing the most is Evans. I've said before how well he organises the defence, we're now seeing that without him Soyuncu is, at best, utterly unremarkable, Vestergaard hasn't, at best, settled in, and out great full backs haven't looked anything of the sort. Brendan didn't come with any reputation for defence coaching that I'm aware of, and I wonder if Evans' presence and ability has been what was papering over this enormous crack.

With the lack of alternative leaders in the squad, I don't see what can be done until the transfer window reopens irrespective of what happens to the manager. I'd be surprised if Evans doesn't end up retiring over the summer, so an organiser at the back will be absolutely critical.
Evans was truly shit when he was playing earlier in the season, making stupid mistakes. Maybe he was injured, who knows, but he was as ropey as the rest of them.

I dont blame him or the others that much now to be fair. The issue is far deeper than the selected players. Our defensive coaching is appalling and our manager is too stubborn or arrogant or both, to change it.

Nicked from elsewhere but worth posting here I think.

Nottingham Forest (a) 6th February 2022
We conceded 3 goals in 9 minutes including twice in 81 seconds

Spurs (h) 19th January 2022
We conceded 2 goals in 1 minute to lose the game in injury time.

Man City (a) 26th December 2021
We conceded 4 goals in 15 minutes including two penalties.

Liverpool (a) 22nd December 2021
We didn't touch the ball for about 20 minutes at the end of the game and conceded with virtually the last kick.

Chelsea (h) 20th November 2021
We conceded from another set piece before going on to be completely battered. 2nd goal kills us off 15 minutes later.

Arsenal (h) 30th October 2021
Lose the game within the first 20 minutes with two completely avoidable goals.

Palace (a) 3 October 2021
Throw away a two goal lead with 11 minutes of madness. Two completely avoidable goals.

Brighton (a) 19th September 2021
Two simple goals either side of half time make a comeback almost impossible despite a good effort.

Napoli (h) 16th September 2021
Two late goals to throw away a 2-0 lead. Eventually cost us our place in the RO16. Stupid red card from Ndidi.

West Ham (a) 23rd August 2021
Two 15 minutes of madness here. 1st half go behind and a man down and in the second half throw away a fightback with ridiculous defending.

Spurs (h) 23rd May 2021
3 goals in 15 minutes to throw away the Champions League despite Chelsea giftwrapping it to us.

Newcastle (h) 7th May 2021
We went 4-0 down against Newcastle at home in a must win game.

West Ham (a) 11th April 2021
Three goals in 15 minutes to lose the game despite a good attempt at a comeback in the second half.

Arsenal (h) 28th February 2021
Three goals in 15 minutes either side of half time to lose the game from a winning position.

Prague (h) 25th February 2021
Lost the game against a very poor team with completely avoidable goals in the 2nd half.

Leeds (h) 31st January 2021
Two simple goals to lose the game in the last 15 minutes of the game despite being in a winning position.

Fulham (h) 30th November 2020
Two simple goals within 8 minutes of each other to lose the game in the first half against a shit Fulham team.

West Ham (h) 4th October 2020
Lose the game in the first half against an out of sorts West Ham when we were flying. Two easy goals.

Man United (h) 26th July 2020
Lose the game (and UCL qualification) as well as a ridiculous red card in the last 15 minutes against United.

Spurs (a) 19th July 2020
Shocking defending leads to three simple Spurs goals for us to lose a must-not-lose game by the 40th minute.

Bournemouth (a) 12th July 2020
Arguably the worst head loss i've ever seen from a football team. Lost 4-1 to relegation favourites including a ridiculous red card.

Everton (a) 1st July 2020
Two goals down after 16 minutes. Lost the game and a lot of momentum.

Watford (a) 20th June 2020
Absolutely no concentration in the last minute at a corner. Drew a game we should have won comfortably.

All of these games have occurred since project restart

I half expect every time I check the forum at the end of the day that he will have been sacked.

Nicked from elsewhere but worth posting here I think.

Nottingham Forest (a) 6th February 2022
We conceded 3 goals in 9 minutes including twice in 81 seconds

Spurs (h) 19th January 2022
We conceded 2 goals in 1 minute to lose the game in injury time.

Man City (a) 26th December 2021
We conceded 4 goals in 15 minutes including two penalties.

Liverpool (a) 22nd December 2021
We didn't touch the ball for about 20 minutes at the end of the game and conceded with virtually the last kick.

Chelsea (h) 20th November 2021
We conceded from another set piece before going on to be completely battered. 2nd goal kills us off 15 minutes later.

Arsenal (h) 30th October 2021
Lose the game within the first 20 minutes with two completely avoidable goals.

Palace (a) 3 October 2021
Throw away a two goal lead with 11 minutes of madness. Two completely avoidable goals.

Brighton (a) 19th September 2021
Two simple goals either side of half time make a comeback almost impossible despite a good effort.

Napoli (h) 16th September 2021
Two late goals to throw away a 2-0 lead. Eventually cost us our place in the RO16. Stupid red card from Ndidi.

West Ham (a) 23rd August 2021
Two 15 minutes of madness here. 1st half go behind and a man down and in the second half throw away a fightback with ridiculous defending.

Spurs (h) 23rd May 2021
3 goals in 15 minutes to throw away the Champions League despite Chelsea giftwrapping it to us.

Newcastle (h) 7th May 2021
We went 4-0 down against Newcastle at home in a must win game.

West Ham (a) 11th April 2021
Three goals in 15 minutes to lose the game despite a good attempt at a comeback in the second half.

Arsenal (h) 28th February 2021
Three goals in 15 minutes either side of half time to lose the game from a winning position.

Prague (h) 25th February 2021
Lost the game against a very poor team with completely avoidable goals in the 2nd half.

Leeds (h) 31st January 2021
Two simple goals to lose the game in the last 15 minutes of the game despite being in a winning position.

Fulham (h) 30th November 2020
Two simple goals within 8 minutes of each other to lose the game in the first half against a shit Fulham team.

West Ham (h) 4th October 2020
Lose the game in the first half against an out of sorts West Ham when we were flying. Two easy goals.

Man United (h) 26th July 2020
Lose the game (and UCL qualification) as well as a ridiculous red card in the last 15 minutes against United.

Spurs (a) 19th July 2020
Shocking defending leads to three simple Spurs goals for us to lose a must-not-lose game by the 40th minute.

Bournemouth (a) 12th July 2020
Arguably the worst head loss i've ever seen from a football team. Lost 4-1 to relegation favourites including a ridiculous red card.

Everton (a) 1st July 2020
Two goals down after 16 minutes. Lost the game and a lot of momentum.

Watford (a) 20th June 2020
Absolutely no concentration in the last minute at a corner. Drew a game we should have won comfortably.

All of these games have occurred since project restart
Forgot the Warsia debacle....

It’s like reading about a slightly upgraded Mickey Adams. Still shit but slightly higher profile shit.

Just got a horrid feeling that this is about to mark the beginning of a trough for us. I hope not, but it feels like all the things that were good and attractive about us are all coming to a close.

1. We were so good at scouting but recently dreadful. The net effect is when the quality players we have want to move on, there isn’t going to be a ready made option anymore. The available options are bargain bin.

2. The quality players do want to leave.

3. The club debt is very high and KP has lost billions over the last two years. They didn’t invest in January when we were crying out for quality to salvage something. The sad thing (and extension of point 1) is that I don’t blame them. Who would want to trust Congerton and Brenda with even their lunch money. They had magic beans and somehow manufactured a knackered old cow from it all.

4. A lot of the older guard that have defined us for so long are not far off retirement. Losing Vardy permanently will be massive, but it’s coming.

5. We can’t seemingly afford to bin off the egomaniac manager we have, and he is too inflexible to be an adequate leader. It seems he can only be effective short term in the confines of an already successful structure. When he gets input it goes to utter shit.

6. The atmosphere among supporters is one of utter despondency and shame right now. No one can get up for the inevitable disappointment and it’s not helped by knuckle draggers embarrassing us.

Something does need to change and for me it has to be Brenda. He isn’t going to arrest the decent. He’s going to crash the ****ing plane.

This is the most high profile job Rodgers has had, after Liverpool (apologies to Celtic, but the football world has moved on). I have no issue with him wanting to coach at the very top and, if he did a job with us, he might get that. Whether it’s fair or not, “big clubs” see him as bottling the top 4 with us and so, despite the fact that we’ve finished 5th in two consecutive seasons and won the FA Cup, which is a fantastic achievement, it’s soon forgotten when things aren’t right, as per this season. He wouldn’t get the Spurs job, at the minute, let alone the Man Utd job, so it’s massively in his interest to turn things around. Whether he has the time, or the ability, is the big question.

I half expect every time I check the forum at the end of the day that he will have been sacked.
I sincerely hope every time I check the forum to see that he’s been binned. Given the time difference here I wake up every morning hoping to see he’s been fired.

It’s like reading about a slightly upgraded Mickey Adams. Still shit but slightly higher profile shit.

Just got a horrid feeling that this is about to mark the beginning of a trough for us. I hope not, but it feels like all the things that were good and attractive about us are all coming to a close.

1. We were so good at scouting but recently dreadful. The net effect is when the quality players we have want to move on, there isn’t going to be a ready made option anymore. The available options are bargain bin.

2. The quality players do want to leave.

3. The club debt is very high and KP has lost billions over the last two years. They didn’t invest in January when we were crying out for quality to salvage something. The sad thing (and extension of point 1) is that I don’t blame them. Who would want to trust Congerton and Brenda with even their lunch money. They had magic beans and somehow manufactured a knackered old cow from it all.

4. A lot of the older guard that have defined us for so long are not far off retirement. Losing Vardy permanently will be massive, but it’s coming.

5. We can’t seemingly afford to bin off the egomaniac manager we have, and he is too inflexible to be an adequate leader. It seems he can only be effective short term in the confines of an already successful structure. When he gets input it goes to utter shit.

6. The atmosphere among supporters is one of utter despondency and shame right now. No one can get up for the inevitable disappointment and it’s not helped by knuckle draggers embarrassing us.

Something does need to change and for me it has to be Brenda. He isn’t going to arrest the decent. He’s going to crash the ****ing plane.
7. Something about the medical department and the treatment and reintroduction of injured players?

:rolleyes:

But there is an accountability with players.

However true it is (and, of course, it's there) I don't think it's entirely helpful to be saying that to the rest of the world. It smacks of him trying to blame, to shift responsibility. I feel he really should have left it at...

The responsibility is, whatever the score, the managers

However true it is (and, of course, it's there) I don't think it's entirely helpful to be saying that to the rest of the world. It smacks of him trying to blame, to shift responsibility. I feel he really should have left it at...
It smacks of that because it is exactly what he is doing. Brendan take full responsibility when it doesn’t go well… never gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566