Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit harsh IMO, clearly the players deserve an equal share of the blame for this fiasco. Anyway it sounds like the club is sticking by Rodgers for now and provided we don't wind up in a relegation dog fight, he will be here next season. We can likely expect big changes in terms of players coming in and out over the summer. Thank feck Congerton won't be in charge of that...

Certainly have my doubts about whether he can turn it around, at the end of the day our defensive ineptitude hasn't just been one or two instances, you can look back over the last few seasons and pick out occasions, they're just becoming more and more frequent and more and more inept. FA Cup holders getting rumped 4-1 by a championship side? leading 2-1 with a minute to go and still manage to lose 3-2... some of the stuff we're being served up is god awful. That backline needs a complete reset.. Soyuncu, Evans, Amartey, Vestergaard - there's good reasons for getting rid of all four.

A bit harsh IMO, clearly the players deserve an equal share of the blame for this fiasco. Anyway it sounds like the club is sticking by Rodgers for now and provided we don't wind up in a relegation dog fight, he will be here next season. We can likely expect big changes in terms of players coming in and out over the summer. Thank feck Congerton won't be in charge of that...
Are we sure about this? I don’t remember ever seeing anything that confirmed his departure.

Are we sure about this? I don’t remember ever seeing anything that confirmed his departure.

Tanner is clueless and has written that it's all gone quiet about him leaving.

However John Percy said he's going, just waiting for his work permit.

Nicked from elsewhere but worth posting here I think.

Nottingham Forest (a) 6th February 2022
We conceded 3 goals in 9 minutes including twice in 81 seconds

Spurs (h) 19th January 2022
We conceded 2 goals in 1 minute to lose the game in injury time.

Man City (a) 26th December 2021
We conceded 4 goals in 15 minutes including two penalties.

Liverpool (a) 22nd December 2021
We didn't touch the ball for about 20 minutes at the end of the game and conceded with virtually the last kick.

Chelsea (h) 20th November 2021
We conceded from another set piece before going on to be completely battered. 2nd goal kills us off 15 minutes later.

Arsenal (h) 30th October 2021
Lose the game within the first 20 minutes with two completely avoidable goals.

Palace (a) 3 October 2021
Throw away a two goal lead with 11 minutes of madness. Two completely avoidable goals.

Brighton (a) 19th September 2021
Two simple goals either side of half time make a comeback almost impossible despite a good effort.

Napoli (h) 16th September 2021
Two late goals to throw away a 2-0 lead. Eventually cost us our place in the RO16. Stupid red card from Ndidi.

West Ham (a) 23rd August 2021
Two 15 minutes of madness here. 1st half go behind and a man down and in the second half throw away a fightback with ridiculous defending.

Spurs (h) 23rd May 2021
3 goals in 15 minutes to throw away the Champions League despite Chelsea giftwrapping it to us.

Newcastle (h) 7th May 2021
We went 4-0 down against Newcastle at home in a must win game.

West Ham (a) 11th April 2021
Three goals in 15 minutes to lose the game despite a good attempt at a comeback in the second half.

Arsenal (h) 28th February 2021
Three goals in 15 minutes either side of half time to lose the game from a winning position.

Prague (h) 25th February 2021
Lost the game against a very poor team with completely avoidable goals in the 2nd half.

Leeds (h) 31st January 2021
Two simple goals to lose the game in the last 15 minutes of the game despite being in a winning position.

Fulham (h) 30th November 2020
Two simple goals within 8 minutes of each other to lose the game in the first half against a shit Fulham team.

West Ham (h) 4th October 2020
Lose the game in the first half against an out of sorts West Ham when we were flying. Two easy goals.

Man United (h) 26th July 2020
Lose the game (and UCL qualification) as well as a ridiculous red card in the last 15 minutes against United.

Spurs (a) 19th July 2020
Shocking defending leads to three simple Spurs goals for us to lose a must-not-lose game by the 40th minute.

Bournemouth (a) 12th July 2020
Arguably the worst head loss i've ever seen from a football team. Lost 4-1 to relegation favourites including a ridiculous red card.

Everton (a) 1st July 2020
Two goals down after 16 minutes. Lost the game and a lot of momentum.

Watford (a) 20th June 2020
Absolutely no concentration in the last minute at a corner. Drew a game we should have won comfortably.

All of these games have occurred since project restart

Maybe they've misprinted all the signs at the new training ground from "Foxes Never Quit" to "Foxes Always Quit".

Would explain a few things.

FA Cup holders getting rumped 4-1 by a championship side?
Anybody remember the Premier League team who as League Cup holders got rumped 3-1 by a division two club (then level 3) who had only recently been relegated from division one, and now play in the National League. There was some pretty ropey defending that night too. The lower league team's first (I think) goal was scored by a player who had been on the books of the Premier League team earlier in his career and a popular defender of the Prem team had a unfortunate meeting with the woodwork whilst trying to keep out one of the other goals; sliding in to try and block is never a good thing when you finish up with one leg on each side of a post.
Point for each of the clubs involved.
Point for each of the players.
And a bonus point for what I had to eat after the match.

Brendan’s the first to blow his own trumpet when it’s going well, but then blames the players when it’s not.

Why is he still here?

Anybody remember the Premier League team who as League Cup holders got rumped 3-1 by a division two club (then level 3) who had only recently been relegated from division one, and now play in the National League. There was some pretty ropey defending that night too. The lower league team's first (I think) goal was scored by a player who had been on the books of the Premier League team earlier in his career and a popular defender of the Prem team had a unfortunate meeting with the woodwork whilst trying to keep out one of the other goals; sliding in to try and block is never a good thing when you finish up with one leg on each side of a post.
Point for each of the clubs involved.
Point for each of the players.
And a bonus point for what I had to eat after the match.
Bloody Grimsby. I was there

I saw this elsewhere.

Puel when he was sacked
P: 27. W: 9. D: 5. L 13. GD: -6

Rodgers last 27
P: 27. W: 9. D: 6. L 12. GD: -8

I've switched, and tipped the balance, from undecided to sack. There are now more 'out' than 'in'.

I fear I tend to give too much of a chance to managers and am unable to read the writing on the wall. On reflection, I see the infection that has infected the squad; a once confident and united squad has been reduced to a disjointed scrambling mess, rudderless and leaderless. That comes from mismanagement.

It’s always better out than in

Despite what the Judge said

I don’t think he’ll be sacked anytime soon. Interestingly, the tv pundits for the Liverpool game sincerely believed that the best bit of business we could from here on in, is to ensure that we keep Rodgers.

I don’t think he’ll be sacked anytime soon. Interestingly, the tv pundits for the Liverpool game sincerely believed that the best bit of business we could from here on in, is to ensure that we keep Rodgers.
Not convinced. Another capitulation on Sunday could be his Crystal Palace moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566