Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I think he's wanted out for a while, some of the things he was saying even before Christmas gave me that feeling.

I've come to a similar conclusion.

I think he knows that he's achieved all he can here. The problem is that he's on an absurdly generous contract. One part of that contract demands a fortune if an interested club wants him.

So, the contract means that he cannot quit and he's too expensive to be poached. All he can do is get himself sacked with as little damage to his reputation as possible.

That looks to me to be exactly what he's doing. In fact, just about his every utterance screams it.

Please tell me he's been sacked at half time.

Along with some of these useless ****s at the back

I should imagine that homer will be wanting to stick with Rodgers now, given that Paul Ince is no longer available.

I've gone back from 'sack' him to 'undecided'. Today showed me that BR has settled on a formation and the players are trying for him and each other. We need to hold our nerve for a bit longer.

We cannot keep losing though so if we lose at Burnley I'm probably done with him irrespective of the performance.

I've gone back from 'sack' him to 'undecided'. Today showed me that BR has settled on a formation and the players are trying for him and each other. We need to hold our nerve for a bit longer.

We cannot keep losing though so if we lose at Burnley I'm probably done with him irrespective of the performance.
I suspect so will Top.
I still wouldn’t be surprised to see him sacked at any moment now though.

If we keep saying, “Give him one more game” and “The next game is must win”, he has a job here for life.

If we keep saying, “Give him one more game” and “The next game is must win”, he has a job here for life.
I don’t have any faith that he is up to rebuilding our team. I am very concerned at the prospect of him and Congerton spending another penny after last summer. None of those players would recoup what we spent and one of them was a free transfer!

Jonathan Wilson in the Guardian votes stay

Assuming he's correct about the salary table (which considering the errors about Tielemans and Mendy...), he does make a very fair point about quite what an achievement the last two seasons have been, and also shows that this season we're only about where we should be - which is before taking into account all those injuries.

I'd not heard this suggestion that Brendan might take over from Pep, but I can also imagine causing issues around focus whether we like it or not. Maybe that'll happen, in which case I hope we squeeze every bit of compensation out of them. But if it doesn't, and someone else is appointed or he commits to a long contract, maybe we'll then see an improvement too.

I thought we played very well today and were unlucky to not win, nevermind to lose. The team seems a little more settled and, while some individual performances have been not near good enough, the team mostly seems to be fighting for him and each other. I'm still on team Keep Him and this has handily re-enforced that, but I wouldn't grumble if he were to get someone in specifically to work on set pieces.

I'd not heard this suggestion that Brendan might take over from Pep

There's a channel on satelitte radio over here that's dedicated to football. Once a week on the morning show I sometimes listen to on the way to work they have their "transfer insider" Graeme Bailey on. He has said this on numerous occassions even going so far as to say it's pretty much a done deal, mind you that was earlier in the season and he hasn't mentioned it for while. He now says that the Man. Utd. job is a three way race between Poch, Ten Hag and Rodgers.

The bloke is obviously your usual hack, a couple of the presenters on the programme often launch into attacks on agents, he does nothing but defend them. That shows to me that he relies on rumours put out by agents to make his assertions as to what is going on in the transfer market so I tend to take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Assuming he's correct about the salary table (which considering the errors about Tielemans and Mendy...), he does make a very fair point about quite what an achievement the last two seasons have been, and also shows that this season we're only about where we should be - which is before taking into account all those injuries.

I'd not heard this suggestion that Brendan might take over from Pep, but I can also imagine causing issues around focus whether we like it or not. Maybe that'll happen, in which case I hope we squeeze every bit of compensation out of them. But if it doesn't, and someone else is appointed or he commits to a long contract, maybe we'll then see an improvement too.

I thought we played very well today and were unlucky to not win, nevermind to lose. The team seems a little more settled and, while some individual performances have been not near good enough, the team mostly seems to be fighting for him and each other. I'm still on team Keep Him and this has handily re-enforced that, but I wouldn't grumble if he were to get someone in specifically to work on set pieces.

Brendan replacing Pep is a ludicrous concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566