Brian Little

Status
Not open for further replies.

shepshedfox

I have just read elsewhere on the internet that Brian Little has been appointed the new manager of Gainsborough Trinity of the Blue Square North.

Not really sure where it went wrong for him. The way he left us was disapointing but I think he laid the foundations for a few years of relative success. I really thought he would go on and manage England one day.

Good luck Brian.

I have just read elsewhere on the internet that Brian Little has been appointed the new manager of Gainsborough Trinity of the Blue Square North.

Not really sure where it went wrong for him. The way he left us was disapointing but I think he laid the foundations for a few years of relative success. I really thought he would go on and manage England one day.

Good luck Brian.

Yes i agree , good luck to him. The MON period was a great time for the club but i always think that BL started the resurgence.

Putting the villa job a side,he had taken us as far as he could,when he left.

He got us promotion + 3 wembley finals and should be remembered for those achievements only!

He totally turned this club around from near relegation fodder to the prem, with little or no money.

I can remember when he took over and signed the likes of nicky platnauer,Colin gordon,and paul fitzpatrick,average players but he got the best out of them.

When we finally got to the promise land as usual he got hardly any money.

He brought in the classy mark draper and the not so good nicky mohan,its no wonder we struggled and he left for villa.

He's had a dire time in the league in the last 5 years. When he was with us & Villa he was seemingly a great manager - what happened?

Brian Little made the mistake of wanting to go back to manage at the club where he had been a very popular player. This is a mistake as it leads to the memories being tarnished as happened with Tevor Francis at Birmingham and Frank McClintock here.
I do not blame football managers for not feeling any loyalty to the clubs or to the fans. With rare exceptions when do they show any loyalty to the manager.

Judas

It really is the only word I can muster in response to his name, let's start the chant.

Judas!

I would have joined in some years ago. But this bloke now knows what he has done. His mental health has suffered because of it and for that reason I'd rather just remember the good he did for us.

I would have joined in some years ago. But this bloke now knows what he has done. His mental health has suffered because of it and for that reason I'd rather just remember the good he did for us.

You live by the choices you make in life, he is nothing but a Judas to Leicester City FC.

You live by the choices you make in life, he is nothing but a Judas to Leicester City FC.

John the Baptist was sent to this earth to prepare the way for the Lord; he straightened his path; he made the rough places plain. Brian Little was our John the Baptist.

:icon_wink

I think we got the best of Brian Little as a manager. As I think we got the best of Martin O'Neill.

I think Little has admitted on numerous occasions that the nature of his departure from Leicester, and his immediate return in the away dugout, did for him. After that, the foundations of his determination and desire were shattered.

The other thing that is often overlooked when it comes to footballers is their private life. As many will be aware, Little had a few things go on that could easily have resulted in his hunger for the game evaporating.

For me, O'Neill has been on autopilot as a manager since his wife got ill. He doesn't seem to be as into it all as he once was either.

Little was given the judas treatment largely because he got a whole generation of supporters believing in the club again following a barren period. He then jumped ship just as it was getting going.

In the cold light of day, nobody could really begrudge him making the decision that he did at the time. But I think he knows that it turned out to be the wrong one for him.

Micky Adams is another one that we finished off. He was never the same after working here.

NP would do well to learn a few lessons from history if he continues on his current managerial incline.

He only had to be honest with the supporters and it would never have been a problem.
Since the years have rolled by, i would take him to be a decent chap, that got something badly wrong.

Micky Adams is another one that we finished off. He was never the same after working here.

Adams' entire career turned on the La Manga incident, up until that point he was one of the best young managers in the country with quite an incredible record in the lower divisions, and we were doing well in the league up until then, about 13th or 14th if i remember correctly, but after that we beat Birmingham while it was all going on, then went on a dreadful run. You could see it in the players and in Adams, the confidence was just shot after La Manga, I'd even go as far as saying the club, not only never recovered under Adams' reign, but it has taken til NP for the club to fully get over it.

Always felt sorry for Adams, hope he does really well at Port Vale.

Last edited:
Really? What was the average points before and after though? It always seemed like we played far worse after La Manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669