Post Match Brighton 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Pearson "We've got five games left and it's all in our hands."

er.........no it's not

I think it probably is seeing as we can overtake Forest and we play them at the end of the season.

I think it probably is seeing as we can overtake Forest and we play them at the end of the season.

That doesn't make it in our hands. It's in the hands of the teams above us. Not ours.

That doesn't make it in our hands. It's in the hands of the teams above us. Not ours.

If we win *every* game to the end of the season we are in the play-offs no matter what the teams currently above us do.

If we win all of our games we will beat teams above us and move into the playoff places, thus it is still in our hands!

Beaten too it I see.

Last edited:
If we win *every* game to the end of the season we are in the play-offs no matter what the teams currently above us do.

Er no we're not. Forest could win all of their games 5-0 (bar the one against us) and it wouldn't matter what we do. You may say that's unlikely, but it's just as likely as us going on a 5 game winning streak right now.

Er no we're not. Forest could win all of their games 5-0 (bar the one against us) and it wouldn't matter what we do. You may say that's unlikely, but it's just as likely as us going on a 5 game winning streak right now.
But when we beat them 72-0 in the last game we leapfrog them if they only can manage 5-0 wins in their other games. It's in our hands!

Let's not also forget that we have a worse away record than anyone above us, the toughest run in and the worst form. To say it's in our hands is laughable when we're already outside the play off places.

Last edited:

If they won all of their games 5-0 BAR the one against us then of course it would matter what we did as if we win all of ours INCLUDING against them and keep our GD then we and not they would be in the top 6.

Mathematically you are probably right but I'm being optimistic :icon_bigg

Let's not also forget that we have a worse away record than anyone above us, the toughest run in and the worst form. To say it's in our hands is laughable when we're already outside the play off places.
I disagree! Let's forget all that. I was in such a good mood

You could still finish above the Mighty Tigers.Maffamatikallie.
Riddles.Thank you for a job half done.

You could still finish above the Mighty Tigers.Maffamatikallie.
Riddles.Thank you for a job half done.
Don't thank me. We did the necessary today.
Your fate is in your hands,as is ours. If you need help you probably don't deserve to go up.

Fuuuuuuuuck.

Fate isn't in our hands - it's in Aidy's. I'm beginning to suspect that this whole fate/hands thing is nothing more than wordy bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566