Post Match Brighton 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the highlights, better team, still concerns on our defending. Our goal was coming. Kasper had a howler for their equalizer.

Just seen the highlights, better team, still concerns on our defending. Our goal was coming. Kasper had a howler for their equalizer.
NP quote "I've seen the goal again and Kasper was unsighted and I am sure he would have saved it if he had had a better view"

NP quote "I've seen the goal again and Kasper was unsighted and I am sure he would have saved it if he had had a better view"

He should've used his "hands", then he would've saved it

Draw more use to Brighton than us.

Stops the rot but dependent on winning against Birmingham - a fixture that I don't fancy but let's hope for the best.

Late Brighton goal confirms the pattern that these days we have forgotten how to win. Conversely opponents know that we will find a way of stuffing it up.

Change at the top needed - but not yet and not until the owners find someone better.

Good luck with that.

Nigel Pearson has become the one thing worse than a bad manager: an unlucky one. Whilst I agree that being unable to see a game out is a tactical weakness, for it to happen twice, when we are within a couple of minutes of an unlikely win (Cardiff and Brighton) is unlucky and, although I could not argue Morgan's dismissal against Millwall; on another day, the referee would have only issued a booking and, in my opinion, we would have been likely to win the game. Seven more points and we would be nailed on for the play-offs and have an outside chance of automatic promotion.

Aha. So we need a lucky manager. Now that's been narrowed down the selection process ought to be a doddle.

Nigel Pearson has become the one thing worse than a bad manager: an unlucky one. Whilst I agree that being unable to see a game out is a tactical weakness, for it to happen twice, when we are within a couple of minutes of an unlikely win (Cardiff and Brighton) is unlucky and, although I could not argue Morgan's dismissal against Millwall; on another day, the referee would have only issued a booking and, in my opinion, we would have been likely to win the game. Seven more points and we would be nailed on for the play-offs and have an outside chance of automatic promotion.

You are right.

The side has lost all confidence and it lost it damn suddenly. I don't think this is contentious although I appreciate that there are geezers on here who would feel it obligatory to dispute that night follows day.

I can't believe that Pearson doesn't have a good idea about what derailed the team and drained away the confidence. But he doesn't deal much in communication and isn't likely to be minded to reveal his thoughts to supporters.

Against all logic i still want to believe that somehow we can find it from somewhere to pick up another 13 points or so. But even if we do i hope that the owners retain a focus and do the necessary at the end of the season.

You are right.

The side has lost all confidence and it lost it damn suddenly. I don't think this is contentious although I appreciate that there are geezers on here who would feel it obligatory to dispute that night follows day.

I can't believe that Pearson doesn't have a good idea about what derailed the team and drained away the confidence. But he doesn't deal much in communication and isn't likely to be minded to reveal his thoughts to supporters.

Against all logic i still want to believe that somehow we can find it from somewhere to pick up another 13 points or so. But even if we do i hope that the owners retain a focus and do the necessary at the end of the season.
If we get promoted, why would they sack him? His remit was to do that; even you'd be hard pushed to find a way to describe him as having failed in that instance.

I thought Sven was described as being a lucky manager in the past (I think it may have been when he was England manager), maybe we should appoint him?

Marshall actually looks a bit chubby and out of shape compared to previous times I've seen him.

I wish I was as "chubby and out of shape" as Ben Marshall.

Not being there I will not comment on the performance but any team that is away to a side in the top six and gets a draw has got a good result. Presumably Brighton fans looked at results and expected an easy game.

If we get promoted, why would they sack him? His remit was to do that; even you'd be hard pushed to find a way to describe him as having failed in that instance.

You forget that there are some geezers on here who would complain about the wrapping paper a present came in.

I wish I was as "chubby and out of shape" as Ben Marshall.

It's all relative to what you do in life David. I bet Ben Marshall wishes he was as erudite and charming as you but as a footballer he doesn't need to be :icon_wink

We aren't talking about that kind of "present". What you get up to with an orange and a belt is not relevant here.
Orange, mandarin, Chinese... I see what you're trying to do. Just stop it, you offensive racist. You're as bad as Camberwell, Hitler and Spion.

Aha. So we need a lucky manager. Now that's been narrowed down the selection process ought to be a doddle.

Surely anyone who gets appointed city manager is lucky, he's going to get paid loads of cash in compensation for being sacked, almost a lottery win.

Surely anyone who gets appointed city manager is lucky, he's going to get paid loads of cash in compensation for being sacked, almost a lottery win.

Pea Son will forget to claim by the deadline though, stupidly unlucky that geezer.

I've heard from a reliable source that if we fail to get promotion then it is in his contract that he can be sacked with no pay off but if we want rid before we'll have to pay him off.

It's almost as if he has got us on this bad run on purpose so he can get paid off!!111111111!!!111!1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363