Post Match Brighton 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, Tielemans for as poor as Maddison in the first half. Fair play to him, after we went 2-0 down he played well. Lookman must now be our first choice right winger. I felt sorry for Ricardo today. He’s an excellent player, but not excellent enough to be asked to play in two positions in the same ****ing game.

The disallowed goals were infuriating, but correct in my opinion given the current rules. We always ask for consistency, and in the Norwich and Brighton games that is what we have seen. I could have the rule completely wrong. But surely with Ndidi’s header been ruled out, surely it can’t matter if the player is blocking the keepers view, the rule can only be if he is offside.

In the last two games there are clear signs that Barnes is returning to form. He and Lookman should get a prolonged run in the side. It’s the issue of who to play in the middle that is less obvious. But for certain it absolutely should not be Maddison in that role. He should be benched for a very long time.

I though Soumare had a good game.

How is he not playing well because he wants to be elsewhere though.

It may or may not be that. He is doing some pretty shit and stupid things at times though. Could be tiredness, confidence or whatever.

Good last 40 minutes.
For me the next league game starts like this or I don't know what BR was watching.

Schmeichel
Ricardo Soyuncu Vestegaard Castagne
Ndidi Tielemans
Lookman Iheanacho Barnes
Vardy

Round pegs in round holes and keep maddison away from the pitch if he is going to play like that.

The Norwich player was directly in the eye line of the goalkeeper, affecting his line of vision. Barnes wasn't, not even a little bit.

Not the same.
Yep I don't think I'm even being biased when I say that the referees were taking liberties with the blocking the goalkeeper's sight rule today. Will be interesting to see the Match of The Day summary on this one. The second one in particular was absolutely bonkers as the keeper had clearly 'recovered' from the altercation with Barnes and reacted to the header coming at him - but missed it.

The Norwich player was directly in the eye line of the goalkeeper, affecting his line of vision. Barnes wasn't, not even a little bit.

Not the same.
I would tend to agree. But that doesn’t seem to matter this season. I don’t know what the rule says. But it can’t matter or the second goal in particular would have stood today.

Not listening to media, yet you call out our FA Cup hero and one of the best players of the last two seasons. You say he is disinterested in playing for us because of a handful of less than world class performances, most of which have little fault to do with Youri.
I said he looks disinterested and he is off the pace and he is, he is our main playmaker and he is out of form.
Maybe it is BR insistence on certain players and his absolute refusal to play two upfront that is not getting the best out of Tielemans as he picked up in the 2nd half.
He has been below par and it is more noticeable as he is a world class player.

I would tend to agree. But that doesn’t seem to matter this season. I don’t know what the rule says. But it can’t matter or the second goal in particular would have stood today.
Have you see the Man Utd one I just posted. It matters when they want it to.

I didn't see Rodgers playing, what number was he?
You don’t think the manager affects the game? May as well not have one then.

Tielemans visibly grew when maddison wasn't on the pitch.

Also one of Brendan's weakness as a coach is his stubbornness in playing out of form players hoping they will find form. That should really be up to the player to perform in training and then be given the opportunity as a substitute or when covering injury to stake their claim for the starting line up not be gifted it with little effort required. In Maddison and Perez we're looking at players who have been out of form for months and months..

On Maddison, I get that players lose confidence. He's clearly struggling.

However, the minimum I expect of any player to is run around and put some work in. In that first half, just see how much of the ball their left back had (Cucurella) because Maddison couldn't be arsed to track him.

Simply unforgiveable and another reason why I'd not have him on our bench, let alone starting.

However, the minimum I expect of any player to is run around and put some work in. In that first half, just see how much of the ball their left back had (Cucurella) because Maddison couldn't be arsed to track him.

Simply unforgiveable and another reason why I'd not have him on our bench, let alone starting.
This I agree with. Something very wrong there.

Maddison is not a wide player and it has never worked when he has played there.

He was poor though but I think he must be struggling with his hip still as he just can't seem to sprint.

Also unlike BR to make the half time sub however poor we were in the first half.

Just what is going on at the moment?

Awful start to the season. 6 points from 5 games, which we were incredibly lucky to win. None of us could complain if we were languishing at the bottom of the table with 0 or 1 point.

The football is turgid, with no creativity. It’s no better than the football that Puel served up.

The recruitment this summer has been nothing short of a shambles. We had money to spend on a right winger, but instead decided to sign a third choice striker “for the future”, and a central midfielder who doesn’t seem much better than Praet who we have just shipped out on loan.

On a positive note, at least we won’t throw top 4 away for the third season in a row. We won’t be anywhere near the ****er.

Simply unforgiveable and another reason why I'd not have him on our bench, let alone startin

That is what I do not understand when you are out of form you go back to basics, work rate and simplifying your game he has done neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669