Post Match Brighton 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we put in some effort and decent football in last the 30 minutes and looked decent - why the hell waste the first 60 (again)?
When was the last time we were in the bottom half of the PL table?

Maddison is pointless, as a wide man. We should have started Lookman and brought Maddison on towards the end. We were poor in the first half but, if VAR cannot see a foul in the build up to their penalty, then what is its purpose? The first off side against Barnes was harsh, the second, farcical!

We score three legal goals, they score one and win: how does that work???

Three incredibly ridiculous refereeing decisions. What's the point of VAR if it doesn't overrule the shit show that the officials served up today? May as well get rid of it.

But the **** of the day award needs to be given to our esteemed manager. The lineup was an absolute embarrassment and the substitutions far too late. 15 minutes for the player who should be the first on the team sheet? **** off.

Brighton are tough to break down, and we scored 2 or 3 goals against them. Their penalty was bullshit and apart from shite defending from a set piece, I don’t think they threatened massively.

It wasn’t a class performance for sure, I’m not saying it was.

We should be less fickle and get behind the team. We aren’t going to be comfortably top 6. Vardy has a goal marginally offside which would have changed the Man City game, Daka is marginally off against Napoli. We have 3 today that change the game. If we are on 12 points out of 15 and top of our Europa league group, it’s a different attitude, and it could easily have been that.

Stop with this lapping up media shite… Tielemans does not look like he wants to be somewhere else. He didn’t even play badly today, had a brilliant assist and watched his team get robbed out of two goals.
Media shite? I could not care two shits what the media thinks, he looks off the pace and not interested for the majority of the games this season.
Admittedly he played better in the 2nd half maybe it was the fact that BR removed Madison and he had more options.

We were dogshit first half. Lookman on for the pedestrian maddison was massive improvement. Their penalty was clearly a foul against vestergaard. The first disallowed goal Barnes was not in his eye line and even less so for the second one.
Absolutely robbed by poor officials.

Team selection and set up was appalling. Cluelessly expecting a running from deep midfielder to play off the striker and a totally out of form central attacking midfielder on the right wing, is laughable.

The penalty was given and not overturned. It could have been but it wasn't obvious enough. You can argue that we were hard done by but it wasn't as bad a call as people are saying. It's debateable.

Their second goal was down to our old friend, the incomprehensible set up at set pieces where our best headers of the ball seem to disappear and leave the challenging to the weaker headers. Thus, Welbeck pisses all over Vardy. That is another shambolic mess from our coaching set up.

We then woke up and some changes started to help us play. The introduction of Lookman and (far too late) Iheanacho made a big difference. The two disallowed goals at corners were down to our useless approach of having Barnes stood offside. It gives the linesman a decision to make when it's just not necessary. You can do that if the opponent have defenders on the line but not otherwise. Doing it once was stupid. Doing it twice a disgrace which again reflects really badly on what the feck our coaches do.

All the attention will be on officicals and decisions. In truth, the actual attention should be on the useless mess BR and his coaching team made of it today. I blame them 100% for that defeat.

Stop with this lapping up media shite… Tielemans does not look like he wants to be somewhere else. He didn’t even play badly today, had a brilliant assist and watched his team get robbed out of two goals.

Tielemans was much better second half. First half I'd say the assumption he's not with it was understandable.

How long has it been since madders played well for a couple of games? Seems like feckin ages

To be fair, if the Norwich player was offside, then so was Barnes for both goals today.

Media shite? I could not care two shits what the media thinks, he looks off the pace and not interested for the majority of the games this season.
Admittedly he played better in the 2nd half maybe it was the fact that BR removed Madison and he had more options.
Not listening to media, yet you call out our FA Cup hero and one of the best players of the last two seasons. You say he is disinterested in playing for us because of a handful of less than world class performances, most of which have little fault to do with Youri.

I was, and still am, in favour of VAR BUT, after last season's long delays, quick decisions are coming at the cost of accuracy. Another point which irritates with VAR (I know it didn't happen today) is that when a referee is sent to the monitor to "look for himself", he never backs his original decision, he always goes with the VAR official.

Taking BNs advice. still non the wiser.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Tielemans was much better second half. First half I'd say the assumption he's not with it was understandable.

How long has it been since madders played well for a couple of games? Seems like feckin ages
How is he not playing well because he wants to be elsewhere though. Madders is not playing well partly because he isn’t good enough for his reputation, and partly because he is probably very aware that the 90% of his teams fan base curse his name whenever they see it.

Taking BNs advice. still non the wiser.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
The Kasper/Norwich one was different as Kasper was bang on the line with the Norwich player right in front of him.

Brighton keeper has clear line of sight of the ball for both of the disallowed ones today and he choses to come off his line - if he stayed there he would have had even better vision.

You can moan about VAR all you like (I personally believe it is killing football, but there you go) but VAR did not lose us that game, nor did a fair few average performances

Rodgers lost us the game, fair and square.

A simply insane team selection and set up, that comes from excessive over-thinking and plain bad judgement. He ****ed up royal.

Football is a simple game, and doesn’t need some complete twat to invent a team set up that could only possibly work on some stupid diagram that Rodgers has probably worked on all week

Complete ****wittery, and three points spewed down the shitter thanks to Rodgers spending fourteen hours playing with a tactics board. ****ing Prick
I didn't see Rodgers playing, what number was he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669