Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest Lako, you really need to see Fryatt to make a comment on him. Ask Durham what he thinks.

One thing I do think, is that Fryatt feels under a massive amount of pressure in home games, something that undoubtadly effects his performance.

Would I play Dickov in the side when he's fully fit, yes I would, but for now he's not, so im affraid we will have to stick with beef flavour when maybe what we really want is pickled onion.

The bubble has burst and maybe now the fans that thought we would stroll back out of this league will realise that all of a sudden, it maybe more difficult than we thought. Lets not forget we have not been able to beat Northampton, Walsall, Oldham or Brighton in our last 4 games - we should be winning at least three of those games.

Last few weeks have been no better than last season from what I have seen.

Howard in my opinion is a massive part of the team, I will however let you off for missing this, as to fully appreciate his contribution you do need something that resembles a footballing brain.

Maybe im the only one on the forum who can see the things Howard brings to the table, if I am then so be it, im still right ;)

another quote spot on Lako.

Howard does a lot up front, it's the tossers around him that don't help. On Saturday he was brought off and replaced by Hayles, but they still kept on sticking high balls in.

This season represents a point of no return for A LOT of people IMO, feck this up and it will take years to get people back.

I fear that Saturday is the last chance to keep the crowd onside.
Anything other than a win will surely see attendances tumble, and the mood of the crowd to turn ugly.
The bizarre novelty of being in lge 1, and the attitude that we are only here for a brief stay is fading fast.
It now very much feels like we are in lge 1.

Howard in my opinion is a massive part of the team, I will however let you off for missing this, as to fully appreciate his contribution you do need something that resembles a footballing brain.

Maybe im the only one on the forum who can see the things Howard brings to the table, if I am then so be it, im still right ;)

Completely agree (not the bits about Mouses brain) I would not drop Howard and think he offers a lot but needs someone else running off him. I said on Tuesday and Saturday that I would like to see Hayles and Howard late on in the game. On a lot of occasions Howard has two defenders around him and therefore opens up space. Howard will not score 20 goals a season but some people seem to expect this.

One thing I do think, is that Fryatt feels under a massive amount of pressure in home games, something that undoubtadly effects his performance.

Would I play Dickov in the side when he's fully fit, yes I would, but for now he's not, so im affraid we will have to stick with beef flavour when maybe what we really want is pickled onion.

Holloway.jpg

?

I fear that Saturday is the last chance to keep the crowd onside.
Anything other than a win will surely see attendances tumble, and the mood of the crowd to turn ugly.
The bizarre novelty of being in lge 1, and the attitude that we are only here for a brief stay is fading fast.
It now very much feels like we are in lge 1.

Weve got Southend, p,boro, Hartlepool and tranmere breathing down our necks aswell.

another quote spot on Lako.

Howard does a lot up front, it's the tossers around him that don't help. On Saturday he was brought off and replaced by Hayles, but they still kept on sticking high balls in.

The partnership for me is Howard and Dickov, something I feel could be quite deadly in this pit of a division, Im just not wanting to destroy Fryatt when regardless of whether he starts he will still play a part.

Any striker who shits himself at home because he knows he's a target is useless to us, and im sure we can all agree the last thing we need is a nervous wreck of a striker to depend on.

The thing that is worrying me now is that it could turn ugly at the walkers, quite literally. I expect we may see the odd fisty cuffs on the terraces as opinion will be split more now than at any time in the recent years.

Im seriously worried that the overall feeling arround the place is going to spill into negativity central.

The partnership for me is Howard and Dickov, something I feel could be quite deadly in this pit of a division, Im just not wanting to destroy Fryatt when regardless of whether he starts he will still play a part.

Any striker who shits himself at home because he knows he's a target is useless to us, and im sure we can all agree the last thing we need is a nervous wreck of a striker to depend on.

The thing that is worrying me now is that it could turn ugly at the walkers, quite literally. I expect we may see the odd fisty cuffs on the terraces as opinion will be split more now than at any time in the recent years.

Im seriously worried that the overall feeling arround the place is going to spill into negativity central.

You've not been to a game this season, behave yourself.

Completely agree (not the bits about Mouses brain) I would not drop Howard and think he offers a lot but needs someone else running off him. I said on Tuesday and Saturday that I would like to see Hayles and Howard late on in the game. On a lot of occasions Howard has two defenders around him and therefore opens up space. Howard will not score 20 goals a season but some people seem to expect this.

I genuinely don't see what Howard brings at all, he just seems to wander about, doesn't really put any effort in and really really winds me up.

And the reason people expect him to score 20 goals a season is because that is exactly what he did do for Luton and for Derby in the league above.

I accept that neither of the strikers are getting enough service, but when they do the chances aren't being taken.

You've not been to a game this season, behave yourself.

I love these debates, so many old arguments always surface.

Are you saying my opinion is less valied because I have not been blah blah blah

I don't give a shit, I want a real debate and I want one now ;)

Last edited:
I genuinely don't see what Howard brings at all, he just seems to wander about, doesn't really put any effort in and really really winds me up.

And the reason people expect him to score 20 goals a season is because that is exactly what he did do for Luton and for Derby in the league above.

Have you ever thought he might have been surrounded by much better players to score those 20 goals?

I love these debates, so many old arguments always surface.

Are you saying my opinion is less valied because I have not been blah blah blah

I don't give a shit, I want a real debate and I want one now ;)

Yes thats exactly what I am saying.

I think you should infract him Duzza for non attendance

Thats unfair, I still speak more sense than 20 odd thousand people who do attend ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670