Post Match Bristol City 3 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whatever reasons we've not yet reached the stage where we are able to achieve any consistency. A play off place isn't impossible but it's rapidly becoming a mathematical possibility rather than a realistic proposition. I think we are now facing three difficult games and the season will be defined one way or another by a week Sunday.

What are we all worrying about then?! And I thought you were supposed to be a pessimist...

Birmingham had their opportunity in the first game - it was never likely to reoccur especially if Chelsea were a bit more motivated.

The gulf between us and Chelsea is massive. It would take them to play well below their capabilities and us to have a bit of luck for us to get through. Unfortunately we don't seem to get much luck when we go to Premier League grounds - especially in London so it will be a massive and pleasant surprise if we survive this particular trip.

The gulf was massive last time we played them, when Gerry Taggart was the manager and Levi Porter floated a perfect cross in for DJ Campbell to loop over the keeper. Even Carl Cort got in on the goal scoring! We gave them a good run then, and I would expect us to do the same now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true we were brilliant that night. Levi Porter was on fire and tearing them to bits so they cynically fouled and injured him and he never played for us again. We'd have won it if he'd stayed on the pitch.

Not from me.

You may remember I said I would never give myself head again. I'm surprised with how easier it is to take with this attitude.

Shameful.

The only shameful thing is that nobody so far has questioned why, if you have the ability we would all kill for, you do not use it?

It's true we were brilliant that night. Levi Porter was on fire and tearing them to bits so they cynically fouled and injured him and he never played for us again. We'd have won it if he'd stayed on the pitch.

From what I hear, that's more to do with his personal life than any injury problems.

What are we all worrying about then?! And I thought you were supposed to be a pessimist...

This is me in a pessimistic mode. When I'm optimistic I expect us to take a further 36 points from 12 games; all the clubs above us to lose every game from this point on except when they play each other in which cases they finish in goal less draws; I also expect Chelsea to pick their Youth B side to play us and for us to cruise through the rest of the competition and meet Stevenage in the FA Cup Final with Leicester allocated 90% of the Wembley tickets. I guess that in that frame of mind I'm about middle of the road for the Forum as a whole.

Crikey, Rich. You're brave. That's libellous. I'm too worried to even quote you in full.

To be fair I don't think Leroy has got any money to do anything about it anymore so I don't think Rich will be worrying too much!!

Bit of a shame though has he looked decent enough when he first came through the ranks and could have easily been good enough for a Championship or League 1 side if he knuckled down. Never forget the roar from the crowd he got against Spurs?? in the last season at Filbo when he just come on and out-jumped one of their defenders for a flick on header!!

NO PLAN B
Nigel just cant cut it in these away games against these type of teams. Watford
and now Bristol City.

According to Radio Leicester which I accept is an extremely poor source we were the more likely team to score at 2-2. It was not a Plan which seems to have failed but some very poor defending.

I cannot understand why we struggle against physical teams. Beckford is more suited to non-contact sports but none of the others are wimps.

Stringer on Rafio Leicester irritated me by saying it was "not Schlupp's type of game". If he is struggling to adapt to the physical side of the game then it is precisely the kind of game he needs - one polite player partnering Nugent is too many we certainly don't want another.
Obviously listening can give a totally wrong impression and I would be interested to know from those there whether Radio Leicester got it right.

This is me in a pessimistic mode. When I'm optimistic I expect us to take a further 36 points from 12 games; all the clubs above us to lose every game from this point on except when they play each other in which cases they finish in goal less draws; I also expect Chelsea to pick their Youth B side to play us and for us to cruise through the rest of the competition and meet Stevenage in the FA Cup Final with Leicester allocated 90% of the Wembley tickets. I guess that in that frame of mind I'm about middle of the road for the Forum as a whole.

If it's possible then I, as a Leicester fan, must actually believe it will happen.

Although I'm still waiting to get either Cruyff or McAteer on my shirt.

I'm still waiting to get either Cruyff or McAteer on my shirt.

I wish to **** they'd hurry up and get here. I've had Cruyff, Messi and McAteer tattooed on my left leg, chest and cock, in that order.
Well, to be honest, I actually only got 'Mc'

The Bristol fans put their finger on the problem, chanting that they were winning because they played 2 up. Nugent played far too deep or wide after beckford went off leaving Jeff alone up front, good positions but no outlet. Morgan upfront was almost as laughable as 5 minute cameos for super Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669