Pre Match Bristol City (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can't beat this lot at home there's no way we're going to finish in the top 6 let alone top 2 and with the trees looming this week end things will start to look abit desperate - but I'm with you - wouldn't be at all surprised if we lost the next 2 1-0 with Maynard and Miller scoring the winners

I can't believe we will lose more points if we lose the game. I miss the time when games were only 3 points each.

If we set out as defensive in this game as the last two then I truly will be left questioning Sven.

Sven out! Lose here and we're ****ed! Bring back Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuume! He wasn't shit at all. Yerve gorra start Waggeh. We're the leeeeeft side... 1-0 down, oo gives a fook...

We down yet?

Sven out! Lose here and we're ****ed! Bring back Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuume! He wasn't shit at all. Yerve gorra start Waggeh. We're the leeeeeft side... 1-0 down, oo gives a fook...

We down yet?

The mongies have finally fried your brain then eh?

We down yet?

Are you ok Bluey?

Southampton march on putting 5 past Ipswich at portman rd......connolly bags another......

They're looking good, aren't they?

Let's get Connolly back ;)

You having a laugh, Beckford isn't good enough for some on here.

Schmeichel

Peltier
Konchesky
Mills
Bamba

Fernandes
Danns
King

Gallagher
Dyer
Nugent

Subs:

Weale
St Ledger
Abe
Wellens
Waghorn

Bristol City look poor so far and we could do with capitalising on that. Hopefully Eriksson will send the team out with a far more attacking philosophy than I saw on Saturday. I'll be watching our off the ball movement when attacking very carefully. That for me is our biggest weakness. If we don't deal with that we won't score goals, won't win games, and won't get near the top six, never mind the top two.

Negativity aside, it's probably to be expected that we won't be all that fluent this early on with all our new players. If we have to grind points out against the shite until our players learn each other's games then so be it. It will still leave us with a better platform than we gave ourselves last season.

Last edited:
think we will see a 5 - 1 win nugent (2) Shlupp (1) Gallagher (1) Bamba (1) and Maynard for them

Thats my optimism will prob be hard fought 2 - 2 draw

C'mon guys! We have the best squad in the league. Brizzle are turning up tomorrow with no points and no-one below them. When they walk out of that tunnel they will see the massed ranks of 200 fans in an amazing stadium with a pitch that they can only dream about! They will have mentally lost the game before they start.

Our boys have suffered the indignity of being beaten when everything they read had told them that all they had to do was turn up to win every game.

The King Power Boys in Blue are going to be well up for this one and we will slaughter them Brizzle boys! Blue Army! Blue Army!

A gally / King return shld settle the team. The reduction to 5 subs per game appears to have messed with SGE's options to switch tactics during the game. Big Stevie and those depressing Pumas..ha, are unlikely to make the bench.

It's a big game for Mills, another wayward performance and you'd expect to see SSL/Ball getting a look in.. or Mills picking up a knock in training! Can't imagine Sven would be willing to drop his big money signing so soon into the campaign. A tidy 2-0 will do us nicely.

Last edited:
C'mon guys! We have the best squad in the league. Brizzle are turning up tomorrow with no points and no-one below them. When they walk out of that tunnel they will see the massed ranks of 200 fans in an amazing stadium with a pitch that they can only dream about! They will have mentally lost the game before they start.

Our boys have suffered the indignity of being beaten when everything they read had told them that all they had to do was turn up to win every game.

The King Power Boys in Blue are going to be well up for this one and we will slaughter them Brizzle boys! Blue Army! Blue Army!

Everything you said but the opposite.

For all of those reasons, BCFC will come out fighting like a cornered rat and for all those reasons City have to rely on older heads to control the game. Nerves will build in the face of crowd expectations and it will only take a minor setback for Sven's card arrangement to take a knock.

This is a must win game already in my opinion. If we lose this match the confidence will be very low and not only that, the pressure will be very high. These two factors combined could really mess the season up. Come on Leicester - bag the three points and let's get on that season long roll of win win win!

If we don't win this game, the pressure will indeed mount.

Bristol City have shipped six in two, the knives are out for Keith Millen regarding his penchant for playing players out of position and they picked up a couple of injuries over the weekend. It should be a straightforward three points for a team with ambitions of promotion if we're honest.

I fancy Nugent to get off the mark tonight, it seems as though he's worked hard in both games so far and come within a whisker of scoring. I sincerely hope King starts tonight as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669