Bristol City Post Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point in appealing - it was a clear elbow - that's violent conduct and a three-match ban.

having now seen the tv replays i agree there is little point in an appeal if you swing your arm at an opponent you deserve to go

yeah ive seen em too, to be honest it looked a lot less than that when i saw it at the game, more of ball too face rather than elbow, but he def leads with his arm and if you do that and make contact then you walk simple as that.well done ref.:icon_eek:

Havent seen the highlights yet, couldnt see what happened yesterday, The Championship is not on!!!!

It was on at 9:25. You should have got up earlier.

yeah ive seen em too, to be honest it looked a lot less than that when i saw it at the game, more of ball too face rather than elbow, but he def leads with his arm and if you do that and make contact then you walk simple as that.well done ref.:icon_eek:

And well done to the Bristol City defender for not making as much of it as he could have done!

And while we are on the subject, well done to Alan Sheehan and the other City players who tried to persuade the ref not to book Bristol City's Brian Wilson immediately after our first goal. Did anybody see what he did to deserve the yellow card?

Last edited:
And well done to the Bristol City defender for not making as much of it as he could have done!

And while we are on the subject, well done to Alan Sheehan and the other City players who tried to persuade the ref not to book Bristol City's Brian Wilson immediately after our first goal. Did anybody see what he did to deserve the yellow card?

He tried to stop the ball going over the line with his surfboard?

Seen the highlights, RL mislead us, saying there was no one near matty fryatt. Defenite red card. Will cort be available tommorow?

Will cort be available tommorow?

hopefully not. i've just got back about 15 minutes ago, pleased with the result and an improved performance. i can safely say that bristol is one shit hole i will never set foot in again, lovely concrete buildings everywhere.

Wow - congrats Micky....

Thought I might give you all a different view, as I had to watch the match (note the 'had') from the Executive area, as I was there for a special occasion for a Bristle fan.

1) What really made me laugh was that there were as many Leicester fans in the corporate area as Bristle...
2) The Ian Holloway factor: A few things Ollie did today made me sure we had found a cracking man to take the club forward. The wrestling with the Bristol City mascot, and applauding the Bristol fans was a masterstroke and totally nulled the crowd. His constant touchline managing and joking with Stowell and Taggs, when Fryatt got sent off and all our thugs on the bench got up to start on the ref, Holloway physically made them ALL sit back down, 'we're 2 up, we don't need any nonsense...' he declared, and they all did, even Stowell...and at the end the reaction from all players and staff was terrific. I also got to shake his hand later which was nice....
3) The Bristol fans in the corporate area were saying we were the best side they had seen there.
4) Our defence is superb, but for me Fryatt was easily MOTM, lovely second goal too - Hume was awful on the wing IMO.
5) Our season just started again....Ollie's Army...
Agree with that, though Hume deserves a decent portion of credit for his role in Fryatts goal, that was the Hume/Fryatt combo of old. Was goals like that, that kept us up under Kelly.

There really was no need for Fryatt to do anything like that, we were 2-0 up with literally no time left - what was the point?

There really was no need for Fryatt to do anything like that, we were 2-0 up with literally no time left - what was the point?
There's no telling what goes through the mind of a lunatic on a football pitch.

Agree with that, though Hume deserves a decent portion of credit for his role in Fryatts goal, that was the Hume/Fryatt combo of old. Was goals like that, that kept us up under Kelly.

Totally agree, he was great when moved up front.

For me, and I would never condone what Fryatt did, but if anyone had it coming....Fryatt was being nigled at all match TBH. However, with his wage must come a responsibility to the club. I would expect Ollie to deal with it quite harshly to be honest.

Interesting report on the game in the Guardian:

Milan Mandaric is a rich man but it is fair to assume the Serbian tycoon would rather not buy furniture unless it is absolutely necessary. If he is serious, however, about backing Ian Holloway at Leicester City, Mandaric may find he has to spend like he has never spent before. Holloway climbed on to a desk at the training ground on Friday and used shadowboxing to explain his tactics. The damage done to the desk may not be discovered until it snaps under the weight of more team-talks , but the signs are that there is magic in the manager's madness.

Leicester won their first match in a month on Saturday and looked like a side reborn. The pick of their players was Iain Hume, who was relentless in his harassing of the back four and showed great skill in setting up Matt Fryatt for the second goal. Hume watched in bemusement as Holloway climbed on to the desk but admits it inspired him. "We had so much energy today, it was our best performance this year," the Canadian said. "The new manager is a breath of fresh air, his speeches have everyone on the edge of their seat - they're interesting to say the least. We're all responding and little things like how he wants us to call him Ollie instead of gaffer helps."

Holloway is Leicester's fourth permanent manager since Mandaric took over in February and admits his first priority is bringing stability to the club. He wants to become a "dad to the players" and even a father-figure to the owner who, Holloway says, can be too enthusiastic.

That last assessment may be a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Holloway is a livewire, unable to sit in his dug-out for more than a minute and prone to bouncing on the edge of his technical area. With that, however, comes box-office appeal - close to 1,500 Leicester fans made the trip - and a decent record. After promotion at QPR, he took Plymouth to an FA Cup quarter-final last season and guided them to seventh in the Championship before leaving last Wednesday. The Swindon manager, Paul Sturrock, is expected to be confirmed as his replacement this week.

Mandaric will be hoping Holloway can repeat his winning formula but first comes the pursuit for stability, and not just on the pitch. The manager has made a plea to help his family settle in the area. "I'm begging anyone in Leicester to help get my kids into the schools they need to get into - I can't do it by myself," he said.

Leicester's new-found hope coincides with a winter slump at Bristol City. After a storming start they have not won in four matches, conceding 10 in the process. The club remain in the play-off area but judging by Gary Johnson's demeanour after Richard Stearman gave the visitors the lead, the manager knows he is presiding over a dying promotion chase. He stood on the touchline like a man stands on the street as he waits for a hearse to pass by - arms back, head low, eerily still. "We're not creating enough opportunities," he said later. "In the dressing room before the match I showed the players a video of our goals from this season so they could see what can be achieved. Unfortunately, the flair stayed in the dressing room."

Man of the match Iain Hume (Leicester)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670