Bruma

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks Tom Hanks!

God no.

Why not bring back Junior Lewis while we're at it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13198792.stm

So I asked this earlier but thought I'd try again.

If Sven had the option to bring Bruma back next season I suspect he would....is that a good loan signing or would people be unhappy with it?

I suspect he'd do well in a settled side, but I haven't seen him play as much as most.
If he's going to play in defence, I'll be unimpressed. Further evidence is needed, but his performance yesterday suggests he might be a better midfielder than he is a defender. That's not saying much, since he's an appalling central defender.

Not if he plays as a central pairing with Bamba, in many ways too similar, reckon Mee (being left footed) or Vitor are better, but really we need a hard nosed Championship centre half who commands the back four.

Midfield - maybe as the holding player, doesn't hurt having a taller midfielder to help defend ot attack corners

Strange that he has been capped by the dutch and played a few times for Chelsea yet isn't up to the standard.

No chance that he just needed time to settle?

I think that if we brought him back to be utilised as a mifielder it would balance the squad better, get a consistent defence and midfield and overall inprove the defence mentality. So for those reasons I say it would be a good re-signing.

Why not bring back Junior Lewis while we're at it?

ok

images

If he's going to play in defence, I'll be unimpressed. Further evidence is needed, but his performance yesterday suggests he might be a better midfielder than he is a defender. That's not saying much, since he's an appalling central defender.

What he said.

I seem to recall Patrick Kisnorbo being rubbish in midfield and booed by his own fans. However, a change of role resulted in a completely different player who went on to be a fans favourite and player of the season.

Still, no point in giving any other players a chance is there? After all, they may prove the fans wrong and that would never do would it?

I seem to recall Patrick Kisnorbo being rubbish in midfield and booed by his own fans. However, a change of role resulted in a completely different player who went on to be a fans favourite and player of the season.

Still, no point in giving any other players a chance is there? After all, they may prove the fans wrong and that would never do would it?

When they're not our players, and we'd have to pay more to give them a second chance, which they haven't come close to earning?

No, no there isn't any point.

I was struggling to remember Kisnorbo's name for ages.... :icon_bigg

Harsh on a lad who has only played a handfull of first team games in his life, who must be seen as a talent at chelsea else quite simply he wouldn't be there. Feck sake they are one of the top teams in EUROPE not just the premier league. A bit of encouragment and support, good direction and coaching from someone like Sven and who knows what the lad could become.

I personally thought he had a decent game yesterday, I told my boy who plays in a similar role (centre / holding Midfield) a lot for his team to watch him, his movement when he plays, when he decides to hold and when he decides to press forward to support. How he gets himself into situations where he has created time on the ball by sometimes not being to eager to take someone else's space.

He needs to learn to release the ball quicker than he sometimes did on saturday, but from what I saw on saturday, with the right coaching and support he will be a decent powerfull player. He reminds me a bit of a very young (and obviously nieve) Patrick Vierra. Whether he will go to have half the career he did who knows, but what chance does a very young Pro stand with such negativity being thrown at him from such a young age. Didn't any of you who are critisising him never make any mistakes when you first started in your line of work, did you not learn and get better at your job through making mistakes and getting experience of certain situations under your belt ??

I'm going to stick my neck out and say, if the lad has the right attitude to developing his game and constantly learning then he looks to have the rudiments to suggest he could have a decent career in the game at a high level. And if that's with us for another season then great, get behind him and everyone else, give them our support and encourage them to give their absolute best for our team to get us promoted.

Last edited:

:note:Bruma - la, la, la, lah
B - B - Bruma, la, la, la, lah
He used to be shite,
But now he's all right.:note:
etc

Last edited:
Strange that he has been capped by the dutch and played a few times for Chelsea yet isn't up to the standard.

No chance that he just needed time to settle?
Perhaps. Interesting that he's suddenly a noticeably better player when not in central defence though.
Harsh on a lad who has only played a handfull of first team games in his life
I don't think it is.
who must be seen as a talent at chelsea else quite simply he wouldn't be there.
Remember Ryan Smith?
Feck sake they are one of the top teams in EUROPE not just the premier league. A bit of encouragment and support, good direction and coaching from someone like Sven and who knows what the lad could become.
For Chelsea. Not in our interest to have a very poor defender in our side just to get him match experience on his path to competency.
I personally thought he had a decent game yesterday,
Yes he did. In midfield, which was what I said.
He reminds me a bit of a very young (and obviously nieve)
Naive?
Patrick Vierra.
Vieira? Yes, he's a midfielder too.
Whether he will go to have half the career he did who knows, but what chance does a very young Pro stand with such negativity being thrown at him from such a young age.
Every chance. If I had at my disposal the guidance of Ancelotti, Eriksson and the coaching staffs of Leicester and Chelsea, or the comments from some lunatic on the internet, I know who I'd be listening to.
I'm going to stick my neck out and say, if the lad has the right attitude to developing his game and constantly learning then he looks to have the rudiments to suggest he could have a decent career in the game at a high level.
I agree, but I think we'd be as well playing him in goal as in central defence.
And if that's with us for another season then great, get behind him and everyone else, give them our support and encourage them to give their absolute best for our team to get us promoted.
What? Leicester fans, support the team? When we can boo them off the park for every misplaced pass, missed tackle or dropped cross? Have a word with yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669