Budget for the next few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

Foxes Trust said:
Asked about the squad size and budget for next season, Tim Davies said with the playing budget at around £5m which would still be in the top 6 of the division TD also stated the playing budget would drop further by around £2m for next season if we didn’t get promoted as the parachute payments would end.

If we don't go up next season, the prospects of getting up to the prem any time soon will look grim. If we only had 3 million to spend on players the year after next how can we mount a serious challenge! We would have to further offload players just to stay afloat! I hope Levein is good with rabbits and hats!

Also, how in the hell did we finish where we did this season on an £11 Million budget!?!?!?!?

I know I'm supposed to be working, but we all have to stop for lunch sometimes...don't we :?

SilverFox said:
Also, how in the hell did we finish where we did this season on an £11 Million budget!?!?!?!?

I know I'm supposed to be working, but we all have to stop for lunch sometimes...don't we :?

£4.5m only covered 5 of the players wages of which only 2 played double figures in appearances last season

Foxes_Trust said:
SilverFox said:

£4.5m only covered 5 of the players wages of which only 2 played double figures in appearances last season

That is amazing! Peter Taylor has a lot to answer for!

It wasn't just T*yl*r.
Those massive contracts were handed out to our 'star' players to stop them following MON or as compensation for MON going.

Anyone know any Russian Billionaires who might fancy giving us a few quid?

SilverFox said:

Theres no way id want to be in Chelsea's shoes no matter how much sucess they get in the short term.

Lboro fox said:
SilverFox said:

Theres no way id want to be in Chelsea's shoes no matter how much sucess they get in the short term.
Tell me you are kidding. :?
I'd love to see us winning the prem and breaking records on the way.

MKFox said:
Lboro fox said:
SilverFox said:

Tell me you are kidding. :?
I'd love to see us winning the prem and breaking records on the way.

Till Roman gets bored leaving Chelsea with the highest wage bill in premiership history. Not to mention his money may have secured the high transfer fees paid out but has he actually paid any of them??? Quite probably not. When not if Roman gets bored with his latest toy, Chelsea will be lucky not to go under completely.

I read in the telegraph that Chelsea have taken out some sort of insurance plan that if Roman does leave them then the wages etc would be taken on by a private insurance company.

Expensive for them but well worth it, it claims.

Semper Eadem said:
I read in the telegraph that Chelsea have taken out some sort of insurance plan that if Roman does leave them then the wages etc would be taken on by a private insurance company.

Expensive for them but well worth it, it claims.

I didn't see that in the Telegraph or anywhere else, so you have the advantage over me - but I can't imagine that it is true. The question of Abramovich leaving the club would be uninsurable; it just doesn't make sense for any insurance company to offer to pay out on something that the bloke could do at any time for any reason. Yes, they could insure him against death, major illness, or disfigurement - but not against him deciding to support another football team, his money tunning out, or simply him wanting to return to Russia.

The last time a championship was bought by a single man "buying" it was probably when Jack Walker was bankrolling Blackburn Rovers. When he died 5 years ago there was a lot of talk about him putting all his money into a trust for the club so that they would forever be able to stay at the top of the game - look at them now!

I agree with Lboro Fox. I wouldn't mind LCFC having a bit (a lot?) more money, but I would find it quite distasteful if somebody with no connection with the club just came in and started using us as his toy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669