Post Match Burnley 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schmeichel
Ricardo Fofana Soyuncu Justin
Ndidi KDH
Lookman Maddison Barnes
Vardy

With castagne, tielemans, Albrighton, amartey, daka, iheanacho, thomas to choose from on the bench.....

Ooh ya fookah

I wonder how this result makes all the fidgety fans feel? Less fidgety I presume?

Big smile on my face when I woke up and remembered this!

Daka is a quality striker, he is miles better than Vardy was in his first season here. I can see him going on to score many Premier League goals.
Time will tell. This same old trope was reeled out about Slimani every time I criticised him for being a bit shit.

Just remember how long it took JV to get up to speed in the Premier League. I think that both Daka and Soumare might well surprise everybody next season.

Vardy's first season in the PL was mostly spent playing right wing with Ulloa in the middle. He didn't switch into the centre until some way through that season.

The most pleasing thing about last night performance for me was that we didn't play 20-30 passes across the back line to allow them to get into shape.

We wouldn't have scored the first in most games this season as Kasper would have chosen to pass it to Amartey, who would have passed it to Cags, then back again, then out to Thomas, back to Cags, across to Ricardo, back into Amartey, forward to Youri, back to Cags....

Played really well going forward again. Vardy just makes everything look so easy. Patson Daka has a lot to learn about positioning and timing and just has general work rate off the ball in trying to make things happen.

Defensively I thought we were shit again, the first goal could so easily have been 1-0 rather than 0-1 had Schmeichel just not reached that short back pass in time, wtf Luke Thomas was doing leaving that to roll I don't know. Either hes a fkin idiot or got the call from Schmeichel to leave it. We also got lucky with the offside call which was bare millimetres and a couple of set pieces...

IMO left back is a cause for concern for us at the moment. Ricardo did okay last night and I guess with all players available we'd have the luxury of being able to drop an underperforming Thomas and put Castagne or Justin in there but even then we'd be playing them on their unfavoured side.

Maddison again was excellent, Barnes too. I said in the pre match build up I was fearing the worst without Madders and Vardy starting and they turned the game when they came on. Finally we've got a few of our better players in very good form.

We wouldn't have scored the first in most games this season as Kasper would have chosen to pass it to Amartey, who would have passed it to Cags, then back again, then out to Thomas, back to Cags, across to Ricardo, back into Amartey, forward to Youri, back to Cags....
He didn’t have much other choice than to hoof it forward since he was a bit slow to come out and clear it.

Daka has a way to go but he can finish with both feet, he’s rapid and he seems to have settled in well and gets on with his teammates. Plus he’s only 23 and looks fit as a fiddle. The fact that we picked him up from Salzburg is encouraging too because their record on signing young talent from all corners of the globe is unbelievable.

He can settle in slowly, learn from Vardy and the movement and reading of the game will come. In the Prem he’s not going to get as many opportunities to just run off the shoulder and be one on one with the keeper. Hopefully he’ll learn how to lead the line just like Vardy learned how to move from working with Kevin Phillips and more experienced pros like Nugent.

I get the feeling that all of Nacho’s confidence and form has evaporated after his run last season, Rodgers simply doesn’t trust him.

Daka has a long way to go but I wouldn’t compare him to Slimani (dickhead who was never fit) or Musa (scored a few goals in a pub league).

In the Prem he’s not going to get as many opportunities to just run off the shoulder and be one on one with the keeper.
I don't think we've once tried to play to Daka's pace. This season, we just haven't tried to get him in behind the defence at all (except in Moscow). I'm sure that if we had, then he'd have a decent return for this season.

Hopefully he’ll learn how to lead the line just like Vardy learned how to move from working with Kevin Phillips and more experienced pros like Nugent.
That said, the difference in their movement was so obvious yesterday. However I do think this was partly because Burnely's tired defence shit themselves at the sight of Vardy coming on.

I wonder how this result makes all the fidgety fans feel? Less fidgety I presume?
What do you think?

Yes, winning our first league game of the year three months into the ****ing thing makes me feel a bit less fidgety.

Keeping a clean sheet for the first time in 600 years makes me feel a bit less fidgety.

Being 9 points from relegation rather than a paltry 7 makes me feel a bit less fidgety

Shock

Boils my piss that clodhopping ****s like that with no intention to play football properly are littering up the league.
I couldn't disagree more: this is the attitude that lead the "elite" to think that they were superior and should start a European Super League.

I couldn't disagree more: this is the attitude that lead the "elite" to think that they were superior and should start a European Super League.
It’s led.

This isn’t true at all. The ‘attitude’ among the big clubs was ‘let’s make a bigger pie with fewer slices just for us and for some reason Tottenham’. It was about selling the game out and keeping the proceeds for themselves. And Tottenham.

There’s a place for all styles and tactics and variety in the league is a good thing. When it comes to Burnley though, all they do is cheat and whinge and bully refs and generally make games as unpleasant a spectacle as possible. I also dislike how unnecessarily hard they go in on players, it’s nasty and vindictive and speaks to the massive chip that their manager wears on his shoulder.

Like Millwall, I don’t want us to have to play them because I worry that they’ll deliberately do harm to one of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566