Post Match Burnley 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, it’s a good point.

After this round of results they could be 3 off the relegations zone and very likely going down.

We are apparently prioritising getting in the CL

That doesn't make it a great point Imo.

Good to see Fofana back.
Good to see no more injuries. Tavares looks good on the ball although quite laid back.
Another game for Ricardo on his road to fitness.

Think we should stick with 352 for next game but

Schmeichel

Amartey Fofana Soyuncu
Ricardo Tielemans Ndidi Castagne
Tavares
Iheanacho Vardy

Got to hang tough for the next 2 games and see if we can get 4 points. Would be a great run IMO

He cannot start Hamza on Saturday surely? BR should have kept Nacho and Vardy together and replaced Choudry and Amartey and gone with 3 at the back. I thought Burnley were unlucky not to win it happy we got a point.
huge challenge for our scouting network for next season this has highlighted how poor our squad really is.

We can blame injuries and tiredness, and I’m sure the usual suspects will trot these excuses out.

But seriously, who in their right mind thinks “you know what, we’re so injury depleted that I’m going to massively weaken our team by putting probably our best player out of his natural position, so that I can play a formation that has been completely unsuccessful against fodder like Burnley, and also means I have little alternative but to play a bloke who I wanted rid of a few weeks ago”.

And then later on thinks “I’ll take off our only real goal threat and leave on Hamza ****ing Choudhury, rather than taking off the worst player on the pitch, dropping Tielemans into his natural position, and leaving Nacho on”.

Soyuncu and Hamza tragically awful. Schmeichel MOTM. Good to see Fofana back.

Good to see Fofana back.
Good to see no more injuries. Tavares looks good on the ball although quite laid back.
Another game for Ricardo on his road to fitness.

Think we should stick with 352 for next game but

Schmeichel

Amartey Fofana Soyuncu
Ricardo Tielemans Ndidi Castagne
Tavares
Iheanacho Vardy

Got to hang tough for the next 2 games and see if we can get 4 points. Would be a great run IMO
Did not notice Tavares at all the more games he gets the better I guess

We can blame injuries and tiredness, and I’m sure the usual suspects will trot these excuses out.

But seriously, who in their right mind thinks “you know what, we’re so injury depleted that I’m going to massively weaken our team by putting probably our best player out of his natural position, so that I can play a formation that has been completely unsuccessful against fodder like Burnley, and also means I have little alternative but to play a bloke who I wanted rid of a few weeks ago”.

And then later on thinks “I’ll take off our only real goal threat and leave on Hamza ****ing Choudhury, rather than taking off the worst player on the pitch, dropping Tielemans into his natural position, and leaving Nacho on”.

Soyuncu and Hamza tragically awful. Schmeichel MOTM. Good to see Fofana back.
Thanks for that Pep. If only you were in charge.

Personally, having seen us blow the position we were in last season, I’m not stressing about us holding on this season. We might do it but circumstances are conspiring against us.

Right now I’m just hoping that I get to see Tielemans and Ndidi play for us in the flesh again. Fat chance of that if we finish 5th but whatever. I just can’t get wound up about the football anymore, I’m convinced they’ve never given anything less than their all and I’ll still be proud of them regardless.

Can't wait to hear the absolute bollocks from Ted. Point won in the circumstances etc etc. Playing a back 3 with 1 defender, 1 midfielder and 1 absolute clown just to accommodate the clown......pissing about at the back as much as possible. Cracking stuff.

After this round of results they could be 3 off the relegations zone and very likely going down.

We are apparently prioritising getting in the CL

That doesn't make it a great point Imo.
That’s fine.

Let’s face it though, we weren’t going to beat them tonight were we? You get a feel for these things after so many years and we just weren’t going to roll in and stroll away with three points. They were fighting for something too.

This was the last midweek fixture until the middle of May (unless we beat Man Utd in the FA Cup). After we play Brighton at the weekend, I hope we get our mojo back a bit, with a week between each fixture.

Vardy has to have a contract that says he's got to be number one. If he hasn't then Ted needs replacing for taking the spicy nachos off.

This was the last midweek fixture until the middle of May (unless we beat Man Utd in the FA Cup). After we play Brighton at the weekend, I hope we get our mojo back a bit, with a week between each fixture.
Didn’t realise that. Good news.

For all intents and purposes it might as well be.

We needed to keep the biggest possible buffer to 5th because the moment they catch us it's done i'm afraid.
All we have to hope for is for a series of catastrophes for everton, west ham and chelsea and for liverpool to stay shit.

Jeez, what we gotta do to make some people happy? Burnley were the better side 2nd half and we did well (well, Kasper did) to keep it level. Given who we have out, that was a decent performance (not brilliant but decent). It was certainly better than many, myself included, feared. Point gained, definitely.

Wilf is partly to blame as well as hamza for their goal. We did well to get a goal back.

Jeez, what we gotta do to make some people happy? Burnley were the better side 2nd half and we did well (well, Kasper did) to keep it level. Given who we have out, that was a decent performance (not brilliant but decent). It was certainly better than many, myself included, feared. Point gained, definitely.

If you look at our side it should be a good point. If you look at theirs it's not. Burnley are shite...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566