Post Match Burnley 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I hear Youri has played something like 57 out of the last 59 games so no surprise he was a bit anonymous tonight and looks a bit ****ed!
I thought he was our best outfield player by a mile tonight. He made a couple of poor choices when in their box but other than that he was a class above any other player on that pitch.

Yes please.

Whilst you’re at it, can you tell Todgers that Ndidi isn’t a centre back?
He ain’t no defender.

I could, but I fear I’d be wasting my breath. As much as I like Rodgers, this choice got right on my tits tonight.

Do we get to use the injury excuse when they had to play Vydra? Not sure we can tbh.

I thought he was our best outfield player by a mile tonight. He made a couple of poor choices when in their box but other than that he was a class above any other player on that pitch.
To be fair, I think some credit has to go to Burnley in that they didn't give him any time or space but he didn't seem to have his usual influence on the game.

Possibly playing a slightly different role to usual too but didn't have us ticking as well as usual but that could also be down to who he was playing alongside today too.

Not a criticism of him, just think the poor bugger needs a rest!!

Hopefully your favourite Praet will be back soon to give him a bit of a break.

Sorry, we were okay. We had half a 1st team out injured and therefore players shoehorned into positions to make the best of a shit hand.

Choudhury made (probably) four mistakes this evening with one of them catastrophic.

We were patched up to **** and playing probably one of the last teams you want to play bearing in mind they had Wood up front. They are the Wimbledon of 2021.

We can’t have our cake and eat it. Either we want football (when we are playing it) as we have done for at least 50% of BR’s tenure that will struggle with this or you want to see Burnley.

We worked like dogs tonight and gave it our all while trying to maintain our style philosophy.

We were probably as good as we could have been tonight and I would have taken a draw immediately after the injuries we witnessed against Arsenal.

Perspective.

For me, Hamza and Amartey aside, I thought our full-backs / wing-backs failed to shine again. Hoping this is still returning from injury, but I've been waiting to see those two bombing at defences for quite a while now, tonight both were largely ineffective.

Incredible how much we miss Maddison. Even more how much we would miss Youri in the team.

Schmeichel world class kept it at a draw, credit to Burnley, I can't bare them, but they're very hard to play against.

Onwards.

For me, Hamza and Amartey aside, I thought our full-backs / wing-backs failed to shine again. Hoping this is still returning from injury, but I've been waiting to see those two bombing at defences for quite a while now, tonight both were largely ineffective.

Incredible how much we miss Maddison. Even more how much we would miss Youri in the team.

Schmeichel world class kept it at a draw, credit to Burnley, I can't bare them, but they're very hard to play against.

Onwards.

Ricardo still has intelligence to his play which you see coming through. I hope he's just needing more time to get up to speed but he seems to have lost some pace. Hopefully it improves more, although I suspect he might need the benefit of games this season then a proper rest and pre-season

Castagne concerns me. He wasn't out that long was he? I would expect him to be regaining his sharpness by now but he's not looking even close to the player we had earlier in the season.

Ah, good old “injuries and fatigue.”

Injuries I can’t argue with, except that even with all our injuries the team we had out there was much better than Burnley’s.

We looked a bit fatigued the last couple of matches, but I don’t think we did at all today. Fatigue wasn’t the cause of Hamza’s shit pass, or the reason why Amartey couldn’t jump more than 5 centimetres.

Love how everyone is a miserable whinging tosser for not being super chuffed about a point against a team 15th in the league. You’re easily pleased aren’t you?
We are in the top 4. How can I not be pleased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amartey has been with us for 5 years and I still have no clue what he is.
Maybe that is because:
a) he's not good enough to start
b) he had a terrible injury

Like I said before this game, we'll get a max of 3 points out of this and the next 3 games imo.

Ricardo still has intelligence to his play which you see coming through. I hope he's just needing more time to get up to speed but he seems to have lost some pace. Hopefully it improves more, although I suspect he might need the benefit of games this season then a proper rest and pre-season

Castagne concerns me. He wasn't out that long was he? I would expect him to be regaining his sharpness by now but he's not looking even close to the player we had earlier in the season.
I think in a perfect world, neither of them would have been playing full 90 mins when first coming back, especially Ricardo.

I think a lot that are playing are still carrying knocks or not 100% but we don't have much other option at the moment.

I'm hoping now the games are slowing down, we can regain out fitness a bit and get back to the high energy/high press we seen first half of the season.

Scrappy point under really difficult circumstances against a horrible, awkward team.

A world class save from Kasper and a super finish from Nacho.

Some unusual decisions by Rodgers.

Really important to stop the rot. I think we just about managed it.

Could have been worse. Could have been better of course but you have to take our injury troubles into account. Great goal from Nacho. Similar to the Vardy one against WBA that was one of my favourite ever goals...

If we'd got a point and our team had included the likes of Barnes, Maddison, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Praet and maybe even Perez I'd be slightly disappointed. As it happens, we didn't have them and had to rely on some players that are not quite good enough. It's a shame we aren't Man City and can rotate a billion pounds worth of talent to keep the legs fresh.

If we'd got a point and our team had included the likes of Barnes, Maddison, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Praet and maybe even Perez I'd be slightly disappointed. As it happens, we didn't have them and had to rely on some players that are not quite good enough. It's a shame we aren't Man City and can rotate a billion pounds worth of talent to keep the legs fresh.
Exactly this - things are that bad injury/fitness wise at the moment that we are actually desperate to have Perez back again!

Plus our owners can't just drill some more money out of the ground and the main aspect of their business had been totally destroyed over the past 12 months let alone the loss of match day revenue etc.

2, maybe 3 max Burnley players would have got into our team tonight.

Hopefully your favourite Praet will be back soon to give him a bit of a
That would be horrific. Praet in for Tielemans whilst Maddison and Barnes are out.... pointless.

I don't think Praet is an awful player, he's just not what we need. He's a replacement for Mendy and that's about it. He's not in the same universe as Tielemans or Ndidi and has about 0.5% of the creativity Maddison gives us. I'd be happy if he were the understudy and not Mendy but that's about as far as it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757