Burnley game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DurhamFox said:
Thats the best post I have read in ages, good work Lazzer.

I will be honest, if it wasnt for the fact I have pre paid for my seat for the season and the laugh we have at away games regardless of the footy I wouldnt be going down anymore. There is only so much time, effort and money you can invest in something before you cut your losses when you get no return. We have been shite for years now and there is no light at the end of the tunnel I can see. It's a downward spiral that shows no sign of changing.

Call me fickle if you like I couldn't give a shite.

Your not fickle Durham, more like passionate. Like Lazzer you want to see a chink of light, something to re-invigorate your luv of Leicester city. The problem for the younger section of city fans is they can't recall any prolonged bad times, and believe me we've had them. There's plenty of people that think that we are a premier league club thats having a mare in the wrong division. But the facts are that we have spent as many years if not more out of the top flight than we have in it. I would bet my paltry fortune that if you stopped going down , you would still feel the pain and disappointment of defeat, even if you tried to turn your back on the club. Its nigh impossible to give it up even if your not a season ticket holder or a regular, its in the blood. These are troubled times for Leicester city and its fans, but at least we still have a club. There are plenty of fans from the Rochdales, Torquays, Hartlepools of this world who have seen a lifetime of dross but they still hang in there hoping for an unlikely turn in fortunes. I'm not trying to paint a pretty picture just trying to keep things realistic. If Leicester had won last night it would have been back to back wins for the first time in ages, and most of us would have woke this morning shouting that we had turned the corner and relishing the prospect of Cov. Give Levein this season and if we are not showing any signs of moving forward then i'd put my hand up and say your right he's had his chance.
If we had lost to Watford and beat Burnley the mood would be different . The cov game should not be feared, they are in the same shite.The atmosphere with a good away following will make things lively, so get down their Durham and do your duty cos no matter what you think you will always be a Leicester fan.

Brauny Blue said:
Your not fickle Durham, more like passionate. Like Lazzer you want to see a chink of light, something to re-invigorate your luv of Leicester city. The problem for the younger section of city fans is they can't recall any prolonged bad times, and believe me we've had them. There's plenty of people that think that we are a premier league club thats having a mare in the wrong division. But the facts are that we have spent as many years if not more out of the top flight than we have in it. I would bet my paltry fortune that if you stopped going down , you would still feel the pain and disappointment of defeat, even if you tried to turn your back on the club. Its nigh impossible to give it up even if your not a season ticket holder or a regular, its in the blood. These are troubled times for Leicester city and its fans, but at least we still have a club. There are plenty of fans from the Rochdales, Torquays, Hartlepools of this world who have seen a lifetime of dross but they still hang in there hoping for an unlikely turn in fortunes. I'm not trying to paint a pretty picture just trying to keep things realistic. If Leicester had won last night it would have been back to back wins for the first time in ages, and most of us would have woke this morning shouting that we had turned the corner and relishing the prospect of Cov. Give Levein this season and if we are not showing any signs of moving forward then i'd put my hand up and say your right he's had his chance.
If we had lost to Watford and beat Burnley the mood would be different . The cov game should not be feared, they are in the same shite.The atmosphere with a good away following will make things lively, so get down their Durham and do your duty cos no matter what you think you will always be a Leicester fan.

Quality post Brauny. I have no doubt in my mind I will always be a Leicester fan, it's just to what extent. I see the same faces week in, week out at away games - we have a hardcore support of people who will follow the club no matter what. I hope I am still part of that in 5 years time. For that to be so, I really feel I need to see that chink of light pretty soon. If I cut my loses and run I will feel like a fraud returning again if and when thigns are rosey, so I probably won't. Please lads, please - lets get it back on track.

Spoke to some cov fans at work today and i can tell you they are not looking forward to this game. If you think the mood here is grim then you wouldn't want to be MA if they lose to us. What reputation will he have left if he fails at both clubs.

I have had time to "cool down" after witnessing yesterday's debacle, now I can accept defeat against any side as long as I know that the team has given 100% effort and commitment to the cause, now last night I felt cheated not because we lost, not because we played crap, but because last night I felt like the majority of the players didnt care, it didnt hurt them enough.

Too many were showboating, trying fancy flick on's instead of controling the ball and playing simple, we didnt look a team out there it was just a collection of individuals and a shambolic collection at that.

If we end up being relegated, but I feel the players have given there all then I would still applaud them, like I did when we got beat at Sheff Utd, but last night I just got up and walked out in stoney silence at the final whistle.

It hurt like hell last night watching players who seem to have no affinity or passion for the club. We spent all night booing a player who gave his all for our club but at the time was not good enough,what would we have given for a player in blue to have matched Ade's work rate and commitment last night.

Now I will be there on sunday still hoping we may turn the corner, still hoping that we may win more than one game in a row. But I am now starting to lose the excitement and I am starting to have the same feeling of dread that I endured near the end of MA's reign. We are too inconsistent under CL and that is my biggest concern at present, and this is from somebody who is a staunch CL supporter, but now even my paitence and resolve is being tested to the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669