Burnley game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durham, if you want Levein out who do you think would want to come here? I don't think at the moment your going to get anything much better than what you've got. There is hardly going to be a queue of Jose Mourinho's wanting the job.

Brauny Blue said:
Durham, if you want Levein out who do you think would want to come here? I don't think at the moment your going to get anything much better than what you've got. There is hardly going to be a queue of Jose Mourinho's wanting the job.

Bobby Robson. ;)

Brauny Blue said:

According to a poster on here the job would be Dublins

highland fox said:
And last Saturday night we weren't....we could argue about this all night you think Levein's shite and should be sacked.. I don't,let's just agree to differ and get back to the usual bullshit;)

:icon_lol: raised a smile that! A big acheivement in my current mood.

I don't know wether we should sack him but I do think he is shite.

I'm off to bed, not to be seen before midday tomorrow.

DurhamFox said:
I'm off to bed with my friend Lionel, not to be seen before midday tomorrow.

You disgust me...
I'm nothing if not predictable DF...goodnight.;)

Brauny Blue said:

I don't want him out. I want him to start showing some passion for the club. I want him to sort out that useless feckin rabble he keeps sending out on to our pitch. I want him to come out and condem the players for a shite performance. I want him to start putting some rockets up players arses. I want him to pick our best team. I want him to play players in position. I want him to sort the fecker out, NOW.

DurhamFox said:
I don't want him out. I want him to start showing some passion for the club. I want him to sort out that useless feckin rabble he keeps sending out on to our pitch. I want him to come out and condem the players for a shite performance. I want him to start putting some rockets up players arses. I want him to pick our best team. I want him to play players in position. I want him to sort the fecker out, NOW.

Hells bells Durham your never gonna sleep at this rate.:icon_lol: Hope the fecking cats in another room.;)

Brauny Blue said:
Hells bells Durham your never gonna sleep at this rate.:icon_lol: Hope the fecking cats in another room.;)

Try some soothing Camomile Tea Durham...Mk swears by it.

Well, it was dire tonight. Kisnorbo must have a personality disorder because every time I've seen him he's been average-to-rubbish (on the lower end of that scale tonight) and yet he was apparently MOTM against Watford. He successfully completed a pass once in the entire game, I know it was only once because I counted - that's how bored I was. Commenting of some of the stuff I've read on this thread:

- Apparently we had three shots on target?! I can only remember one. Unless they're counting the times when we fumbled around with the ball in the box but failed to score.

- Hammond probably shouldn't have come off, but not because he was playing well (he was ok in the first half but did nothing in the second) but because I'd have played with three up front.

- The only players I thought who had mildly good games were McCarthy and Stearman. Maybe Dublin, I'll have to see the goal again.

- Definitely the worst midfield performance all season, didn't help that the hoooooof crept back in on occasion but both Sylla and Hamill gave away possession and drifted out of the game, Hughes did a lot of running and flicked on a few headers but only really broke through from midfield about twice and I've already said about Kisnorbo.

I still don't want Levein out, I tend to agree that people wouldn't be half so upset if their hopes hadn't been gotten up by the Watford game. But then again why shouldn't they have been? That said we should definitely have done better tonight. My worry coming out of this match is that the boo boys are getting louder and if we get rid of Levein I can't see there being anywhere for us to go next apart from down.

Last edited:
LS6_Fox said:
Just Northbound?

It was just the Southbound - and in two places!! Unfortunately they were taking the s/b traffic off at j21 and putting it in the M69 - so nobody could get onto the roundabout!!! Took 25 minutes just to get off the M1 !!

highland fox said:
Know it well, houses the smallest Pub in Great Britain.

But do you know this one is smaller?

lazzer said:
shut between 19-21 four car smash

The crash was at 19 and at least two of the "cars" were lorries. One of them had gone down the bank and was sticking out of a tree when I passed.

Fox knows why they had to close it right back to j21. Really foxed it up for people trying to get off the n/b carriageway because everything was going round the roundabout onto the M69.

joe501 said:
We could theoretically move up 7 places to 8th tonight:eek: :icon_eek: :eek: :icon_eek:

As the great Chuck Reid once said - In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is!

Dickovforengland! said:
? You think he is going to score a hat-trick because I said he wouldn't?

Ade wont score.
Ade wont score.
Ade wont score.
Ade wont score.
Ade wont score.
Ade wont score.
Ade wont score.
Ade wont score.
Ade wont score.
Ade wont score.

There you go no way he will score 10.

If he does though proves taylor wasn't that daft.

It's all your fault Dickov :icon_evil ;)

Dickovforengland! said:
And Ade for that matter, its not his fault Taylor paid over the odds for him. He always ran his nuts off, even though he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

:102:

come down early they said ...what they didnt say was thats because there will be hardly any turnstile operators and you will be standing outside and miss the kick, off the reason.....staff shortages :102: do you know how many stewards were in the family end? answer 38 .
then i take my seat of which my view is constantly obscured by mr and mrs middle class and their 3 brats on a cheap ticket deal getting up and down every two mins especially when we were attacking :mad: a warm welcome for ade :102: booed because he was crap basically these were my fellow fans doing this :102:then there was the game :icon_cry: the first half looked to be ok and i was reasonably happy at half (probably because i asked for six pints and actually got eight :icon_lol:) then the second half when basically we fell apart we looked absolutely clueless hamill (who looked half decent and gave us width for change) was subbed for joey g who IMO is shite.then off goes elvis for hume who gets a good reception from behind the goal ....why? because he is a striker who has scored one goal unlike his partner who has scored six and is constantly barracked:102: .........and then it happened just like that without warning........i lost my faith :icon_eek: you can only blindly follow this shit for so long before you have to say enough is enough.i looked back and saw durham and if ever an expression told a story his face said it all ......total despair he's not a pessimist after all he's a realist who is watching this crap home and away every week. now i know a lot of you dont make it to games for various reasons but before you question the growing apathy i ask you try it .......come down and sample it .....and you will smell the foul stench of despair.
next up covskum i only hope i can get myself motivated for this one because if we dont win this one then watch the waves of discontent wash over the arena of empty souls then kick start the begining of the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669