Burnley game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite Fox

You have really cheered me up now Lazzer!

Levein has got to get them playing with confidence at home - the longer it goes on the harder it is going to get! We have a good squad that is under-performing horribly.

LS6_Fox

Granite Fox said:
Levein has got to get them playing with confidence at home - the longer it goes on the harder it is going to get! We have a good squad that is under-performing horribly.
The last game I can remember where we have really played with cofindence at home is the 4-0 Leeds win when we were in the Prem.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Thats the best post I have read in ages, good work Lazzer.

I will be honest, if it wasnt for the fact I have pre paid for my seat for the season and the laugh we have at away games regardless of the footy I wouldnt be going down anymore. There is only so much time, effort and money you can invest in something before you cut your losses when you get no return. We have been shite for years now and there is no light at the end of the tunnel I can see. It's a downward spiral that shows no sign of changing.

Call me fickle if you like I couldn't give a shite.

Hazzman

DurhamFox said:
Thats the best post I have read in ages, good work Lazzer.

I will be honest, if it wasnt for the fact I have pre paid for my seat for the season and the laugh we have at away games regardless of the footy I wouldnt be going down anymore. There is only so much time, effort and money you can invest in something before you cut your losses when you get no return. We have been shite for years now and there is no light at the end of the tunnel I can see. It's a downward spiral that shows no sign of changing.

Call me fickle if you like I couldn't give a shite.

That's how I felt last season. I have now found other interests- Speedway, Sewing and Bowls. All of them more exciting than City.

Hazzman

Brauny Blue said:
Typical defeatest attitudes on here. Sure we are crap ,and have been under 4 different managers in as many years. And thats the problem what good is it going to do at this point to sack Levein. You end up with another manager who may not like the players we have, but without money would not be able to change hardly anything. Alternativly we are in a similar position to last year, with the difference being we have a young side that could improve unlike those from 12 months ago , who were enjoying a last swansong. I stand by one of my earlier posts and maintain that Levein should have the whole of this season to try and get us moving forward. Its your own faults if you got carried away with the Watford result. One decent result and the expectation levels jump to play-offs and promotion. If we beat Cov on Sunday there will be plenty on here who will be stating how glad we are to replace Adams with Levein. At least Adams had over 2 years with us,where as old Leveins only a third of a season into a complete rebuilding job and people already want him out.

Generally I expect us to beat Burnley at home regularess of position and previous victories and expectations.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Hazzman said:
Generally I expect us to beat Burnley at home

I think you should stop doing so - we only managed to beat them on one of their last six visits!

Hazzman

bocadillo said:
I think you should stop doing so - we only managed to beat them on one of their last six visits!

Regularess are we a better team than Burnley in my opinion we are.

We should in this division win more games than you lose games.
Its currently 3-5 to lost games.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Hazzman said:
Regularess are we a better team than Burnley in my opinion we are.

On what criteria (or criterion) do you judge that we are better than Burnley?

They have scored more goals just at home than we have scored home and away. They have got more points; they are above us in the league. We've only beaten them once at home since 1978.

How are we a better team than Burnley?

Yorkshire Vixen

bocadillo said:

They have scored more goals just at home than we have scored home and away. They have got more points; they are above us in the league. We've only beaten them once at home since 1978.

1-0 to the bocster ;) :icon_lol:

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
bocadillo said:

We are a club with bigger support with generally higher aspirations. Their budget for the year is not a patch on ours, therfore we should have better players.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Yorkshire Vixen said:
1-0 to the bocster ;) :icon_lol:

Not at all - that merely provides the facts we all know. How many people in the country do you think would expect Leicester to beat Burnley???

highland fox

DurhamFox said:
Not at all - that merely provides the facts we all know. How many people in the country do you think would expect Leicester to beat Burnley???

Based on last nights odds the majority but if we were away the odds would have been the same or we'd have been the outsiders.
We were Even money shots that hardly srikes me as people considering us 'nailed on'

Hazzman

bocadillo said:

Douglas V Jensen - Douglas
Stearman V Duff - Stearman
Dublin V McGreal - Dublin by a whisker
McCarthy V Sinclair - Draw
Johansson V Harley - Harley
Sylla V J.O'Connor - O'Connor
Hughes V Hyde - Hughes
Kisborno V Spicer - Spicer
Hamill V G.O'Connor - Draw
Hammond V Elliott - Hammond
De Vries V Akinbiyi - Akinbiyi

5-4 to City, generally the potential of our team is far greater than Burnley's, look at the past experiences of the players and City should beat Burnley.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
highland fox said:
Based on last nights odds the majority but if we were away the odds would have been the same or we'd have been the outsiders.
We were Even money shots that hardly srikes me as people considering us 'nailed on'

So it's fair to say that barring the ocassional variant, teams are expected to win their home games?? the odds reflect this??

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Hazzman said:
Douglas V Jensen - Douglas
Stearman V Duff - Stearman
Dublin V McGreal - Dublin by a whisker
McCarthy V Sinclair - Draw
Johansson V Harley - Harley
Sylla V J.O'Connor - O'Connor
Hughes V Hyde - Hughes
Kisborno V Spicer - Spicer
Hamill V G.O'Connor - Draw
Hammond V Elliott - Hammond
De Vries V Akinbiyi - Akinbiyi

5-4 to City,

Very subjective - and doesn't seem to work in practice. Can't you give me some objective facts?

highland fox

DurhamFox said:
So it's fair to say that barring the ocassional variant, teams are expected to win their home games?? the odds reflect this??

I wouldn't say occasional,a good number of away sides each Weekend etc are favourites or the odds are quite even.It's based on recent form mainly.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
DurhamFox said:
How many people in the country do you think would expect Leicester to beat Burnley???

I would expect that most people who are 'in the know' would see Burnley as a bit of a bogey team for Leicester at home - just as we are for them at Turf Moor.

MKFox

They did beat us, 1-0, at home. We are shite.
Right, let's look forward to beating C*v*ntry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669