Burnley Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
I agree Melts, also Redditch we looked unfit, under prepared, off the pace and unmotivated and that has nothing to do with our financial circumstances, whilst RK has got a tough task ahead of him in terms of working within the financial constraints of the club, he is responsible for the preperation, fitness, performance and commitment levels shown by the players, and sadly all of these were very sadly lacking.

It isn't the result that concerns me, it was the nature of the performance and the fact RK seemed unable to have any positive impact at half time. It was the first game of the season and on television, how much motivation do these fecking players need.

And I am fed up with hearing criticism about fans expectations, I pay good money and a lot of money following Leicester and I am sorry but I expect to see a team giving 100% commitment, trying to entertain and showing respect to the badge and loyal supporters.

All this was sadly lacking yesterday and yet the club still expect the fans to turn up week in and week out. The fans are not the fcuking problem and it is about time that club started to realise it's own responsibility, the relationship between club and supporter is a two way street.

Excellent PFKA...

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I agree Melts, also Redditch we looked unfit, under prepared, off the pace and unmotivated and that has nothing to do with our financial circumstances, whilst RK has got a tough task ahead of him in terms of working within the financial constraints of the club, he is responsible for the preperation, fitness, performance and commitment levels shown by the players, and sadly all of these were very sadly lacking.

It isn't the result that concerns me, it was the nature of the performance and the fact RK seemed unable to have any positive impact at half time. It was the first game of the season and on television, how much motivation do these fecking players need.

And I am fed up with hearing criticism about fans expectations, I pay good money and a lot of money following Leicester and I am sorry but I expect to see a team giving 100% commitment, trying to entertain and showing respect to the badge and loyal supporters.

All this was sadly lacking yesterday and yet the club still expect the fans to turn up week in and week out. The fans are not the fcuking problem and it is about time that club started to realise it's own responsibility, the relationship between club and supporter is a two way street.

well said A-Z

on RL after the game yesterday they where saying we should not have a dig at the players/RK its only the first game of the season well fcuk them its us that pays the player wages the club wanted us to buy our season tickets well before the normal June cut off point as they needed the money which we all did as loyal supporters .

then we start pre-season and Rk has worked the transfer market to find some new blood which he has done with in the conditions the club put on him NO MONEY TO SPEND so what happened to the money raised though season tickets as the club said the more we sell the more money it will give RK to play with .

so theres the first lie by the club :icon_eek: :mad: .Or did we only get enough money to pay wages is that the real reason they wanted us to get season tickets very early :102: .

as to the players and RK/MS as you said A-Z they didn't show anything of the skills we all know they have got and have seen at the last part of the season ,dose it take being in the bottom 3 to make them play or are they just playing to keep them selfs in a job im being to think this it true ,its as if joey did hold the team together and made them play and now hes gone they dont seem to care .

last bit and my last point why the hell did we try and play the long ball game ,try to pass it through to Hume the smallest player on the pitch it will never work , one manger how has past away said once you play football on the ground not in the air until you do that you Carnot play football and by god he's right RIP brain .

at the end of the day once the players cross the white line on the pitch its down to them there is very little the manger can do apart from shout instructions at them which he did ,the only other chance the manger has is at half time and we have all seen what RK can do at half time in the past so what happened this time yes we picked the pace up a bit but not enough

unless they put a 100% in to it Tuesday night we are not going to do anything more than we did on Saturday hopefully with 3 player more player fit for our next game they can make some sort of differance we will have to wait and see i feel very let down and hurt as we put our faith in these people and it seems they keep letting us down we have to turn this around .

We always do our part as they say we are the 12th man on the pitch at home and away its about time they did there bit we will not win every game we know that but not to put the effort in is just a piss take IMO

anyway heres to better time i hope:icon_eek: see you all tuesday night and try and keep the faith

newtonfox said:
well said A-Z

so theres the first lie by the club :icon_eek: :mad: .Or did we only get enough money to pay wages is that the real reason they wanted us to get season tickets very early :102: .

Undoubtedly, re. the sale of STs - but that's the reality.

Overall - although he was not exactly Mr consistency - I would say that Joey was our most important player - and he's gone.

Finally - as I said last season, RK had a big advantage....he followed a total failure, and in whatever business that's always an excellent position for a new manager.

He may not find things quite as comfortable this season.....but someone's got to do the job.

Redditch Fox said:
Finally - as I said last season, RK had a big advantage....he followed a total failure, ...

On the contrary, he followed somebody who followed the instructions of his employers most fastidiously but who had little good fortune on the pitch. RK had initial success in the job but is now faced with the realities of those same instructions.

I said many a time last season that our back end success was due to Avril leaving and not RK taking over (the negativity was removed from the club). I hoped I was wrong, I still hope I was.

Last edited:
I fear you may well be right Melton, the truth is that was RK's team out there yesterday containing his signings, his selections, his tactics and following his first full pre season and without the sceptre of relegation staring these players in the faces (well at least for now).

We have not one a first match since the 02/03 season. Also it was only one match i think we should base our opinion on the next two matches, my prediction for this match is a comfortable 3-0 ( i hope it is anyway) Also if we want to emulate Reading, did they not lose their first match last season vs plymouth?

Last edited:
jessel said:
We have not one a first match since the 02/03 season. Also it was only one match i think we should base our opinion on the next two matches, my prediction for this match is a comfortable 3-0 ( i hope it is anyway) Also if we want to emulate Reading, did they not lose their first match last season vs plymouth?
As has been said a few times Jessel, it's not the losing, it's the performance and the standard of football and attitude that was displayed

Melton Fox said:
As has been said a few times Jessel, it's not the losing, it's the performance and the standard of football and attitude that was displayed

Very true.

If we had battled our hearts out and lost 2-0, sure I'd be a bit disappointed, but I would have felt satisfied that this team is close to having the winning formula. However, with the abysmal way in which we performed, I cannot take any positives from the team's display.

A-Z has personified what we have all been thinking.

And also agree with the view of RK, I may of mentioned it somewhere, that the leaving of CL and DD had a major factor in last season's survival. I cant help feeling Newell in the Summer would have been a better choice after yesterday.

bocadillo said:
On the contrary, he followed somebody who followed the instructions of his employers most fastidiously but who had little good fortune on the pitch. RK had initial success in the job but is now faced with the realities of those same instructions.

Well, I respect your opinion but my own is that Levein never got to grips in anyway with English football. I agree that his main marching orders were to reduce costs but not many managers who appear to have the misfortune of having a personality by pass achieve much success. Also his selections and substitutions defied any sort of apparant logic.

As for RK - its much too early to judge but the adrenilin may be in shorter supply now. That said, I think we all recognise that he is having to cope with managing a club on its uppers....and who are possibly understandably reluctant to spell out how bad things are.

This what I want to see on tuesday night :

1) A balanced team selection that does not have square pegs in round holes.

2) Tactics that involve Leicester attempting to set the tempo and exert our quality on to the opposition.

3) Commitment, energy and passion from the players.

4) RK to have given each and every one the hairdryer treatment and spelled it out in no uncertain terms that was an unacceptable performance and will not be tolerated. I want to see that the players respect and respond to RK.

If I see those regardless of the result I will at least have some faith restored, also I am not interested in cheap gimmicks like players huddles or the whole crowd dressed in blue, I like all fans will respond to what we see on the pitch, so RK and all the players if you want a rip roaring atmosphere then play your part and respond to what we want to see and that is 100% commitment and a desire to win football matches.

PFKAKTF FOX said:

1) Melton wearing a lovely black sexy number thats sits above the knee, if I am brave I can touch his knee when we are sitting down.
Anybody want my season ticket :102:

Hi, this is my first mail.
I don't think that it is time for everyone to slit their wrists yet, it was a bad day at the office. For instance I can't remember seeing Stearman have as bad a game as he did yesterday. If we are in the same boat come Saturday night then it's time to panic. I'll be there on Tuesday night......here's hoping

Travelling Fox said:
Hi, this is my first mail.
I don't think that it is time for everyone to slit their wrists yet, it was a bad day at the office. For instance I can't remember seeing Stearman have as bad a game as he did yesterday. If we are in the same boat come Saturday night then it's time to panic. I'll be there on Tuesday night......here's hoping

Welcome. :039: :039: :039:

PFKAKTF FOX said:

1) A balanced team selection that does not have square pegs in round holes.

2) Tactics that involve Leicester attempting to set the tempo and exert our quality on to the opposition.

3) Commitment, energy and passion from the players.

4) RK to have given each and every one the hairdryer treatment and spelled it out in no uncertain terms that was an unacceptable performance and will not be tolerated. I want to see that the players respect and respond to RK.

If I see those regardless of the result I will at least have some faith restored, also I am not interested in cheap gimmicks like players huddles or the whole crowd dressed in blue, I like all fans will respond to what we see on the pitch, so RK and all the players if you want a rip roaring atmosphere then play your part and respond to what we want to see and that is 100% commitment and a desire to win football matches.

What I want to see on Tuesday night is an ice cold guiness in the 1884...:038: :038: :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669