Buying tickets on the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Anglia Fox

I'm planning on going to the Northampton game tomorrow, and the only option for me now is to buy a ticket when I get there. I was just wondering, how early do I need to arrive to do that (i.e. so I don't miss the kick-off)?

If you're going to buy on the day don't go to the main ticket office as its a complete cluster ****. Go to one of the little windowed booths, theres a couple around the stadium, i'm fairly sure they sell right up to KO. :)

The way I understood it, the meaning of the original question was not 'where can I buy tickets?' but 'what time should I arrive to avoid missing part of the game?' I might be wrong though. I once said Trevor Benjamin 'was a bit useful.'

The way I understood it, the meaning of the original question was not 'where can I buy tickets?' but 'what time should I arrive to avoid missing part of the game?'

I can't understand these people who are happy to take up their position as the ref blows for kick off. I couldn't do without seeing the prematch warm up or watching the team bus come in if it's an away game.

I can't understand these people who are happy to take up their position as the ref blows for kick off. I couldn't do without seeing the prematch warm up or watching the team bus come in if it's an away game.

I'd be too worried about missing some football. I nearly missed kick-off for the Palace game last season, I was actually sweating. Probably more to do with walking so fast so soon after a big curry than the thought of missing anything but that's besides the point.

I'd be too worried about missing some football. I nearly missed kick-off for the Palace game last season, I was actually sweating. .

How strange, I almost missed the start of the Palace game too:icon_eek:

Forgot the bloody tickets:icon_lol:

Er, yeah so if I get to the Walkers at about 14:00 then I should be alright then?

Er, yeah so if I get to the Walkers at about 14:00 then I should be alright then?

Arrival at 14:40 will still you in your seat in plenty of time for kick-off.

I can't understand these people who turn up at the ground to watch the Birch and the rest of the fiasco that calls itself the pre-match. I understand that some people even turn up at away games in time to see the players get off the team coach - what's that all about. ****ing groupies and hangers-on!!

And then when you get there just as the ref blows his whistle to start the game, they have the cheek to moan about your timely arrival and invariably make it difficult for you to get to your seat.

Arrival at 14:40 will still you in your seat in plenty of time for kick-off.

I can't understand these people who turn up at the ground to watch the Birch and the rest of the fiasco that calls itself the pre-match. I understand that some people even turn up at away games in time to see the players get off the team coach - what's that all about. ****ing groupies and hangers-on!!

And then when you get there just as the ref blows his whistle to start the game, they have the cheek to moan about your timely arrival and invariably make it difficult for you to get to your seat.

Boc, use elbows and knees, the tossers generally let you by easily then. We had a twat like that when I used to sit in J2, would never move until he got an elbow when I accidentally fell on him. The same said twat used to leave 5 mins from the end to miss the traffic....:102:

Boc, use elbows and knees, the tossers generally let you by easily then. We had a twat like that when I used to sit in J2, would never move until he got an elbow when I accidentally fell on him. The same said twat used to leave 5 mins from the end to miss the traffic....:102:

The accidental falling against people is a tactic that I have used often, but accidental treading on toes seems to have a longer lasting effect.

And why do these people always expect you to step carefully across their Fox Leisure carrier bags?

The accidental falling against people is a tactic that I have used often, but accidental treading on toes seems to have a longer lasting effect.

And why do these people always expect you to step carefully across their Fox Leisure carrier bags?

Ah yes stamping on toes, another old favorite one.

Ah yes stamping on toes, another old favorite one.

A stamp seems to suggest something deliberate. Surely you should be aiming to do it accidentally.

A stamp seems to suggest something deliberate. Surely you should be aiming to do it accidentally.

deliberate can sometime get the best results, the **** will soon move the next time.
I have also been known to pass wind as I make my way to my seat.

...The same said twat used to leave 5 mins from the end to miss the traffic....:102:

I have a real hatred for this practice. When people do it, it infuriates me as not only have they presumably paid good money for 90 minutes of football but they're also obscuring my view of the game. Worse is when they do it at away matches - all the travelling for 75 minutes. I say 75 minutes because these are invariably the same people who haven't turned up until the 10th minute.

Scumbags.

Sorry...

I have a real hatred for this practice. When people do it, it infuriates me as not only have they presumably paid good money for 90 minutes of football but they're also obscuring my view of the game. Worse is when they do it at away matches - all the travelling for 75 minutes. I say 75 minutes because these are invariably the same people who haven't turned up until the 10th minute.

Scumbags.

Sorry...

the best way to miss the traffic is to wait until it dies down after the game and then set off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669