bye bye cort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twas best for the club and the player... was utter pap for us (but frankly he didn't deserve the derision he got from some).

As it is we're getting some of our youngsters and fringe players out on loan and that has to be good (be it for the younger ones to gain experience or for fringe players to lay the ground work for a move at the end of the season).

As it is we still have the likes of Hellings, Neilsen, Hammond, Mabbs, Douglas, Newton and Kaebi and thats before we move on to players like Fryatt, Henderson and De Vries (although I wouldn't mind keeping MDV as a squad player) who have not been mentioned so far but could fetch a price and have hardly shone with us.

Last edited:
so that's six in.
cisak, hayes, kenton, cort, gradel on the way out. trying to balance things up. now only devries, douglas, maybury and hellings to get off our backs.

Douglas played for Wycombe some three days ago. :102:

The bloke came here; couldn't play because of a knee injury and left at the earliest opportunity.
Whilst I am not naive enough to believe that a little silver did not cross his palm, he didn't just sit back and wait for his contract to run out. Don't forget too, that he turned out when even Ollie admitted that he wasn't fit.
Good luck to the man I say.

Agreed, the problem I have with Cort is not Cort but those who signed him. :icon_wink

Despite your sometimes shoddy efforts in the City shirt, thanks for this tap-in Carl. It meant a lot to me at the time.
Filmed by SuperSwede (Isac).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKNY9MmeVNU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
i actually thought that cort was a good signing at the time. oh well. time to move on....

great stuff, and fair play to the lad, in all fairness if I knew I had an injury problem I would have probably stuck around leeching some more money while I could still get it.

Of all the shoddy signings, this one was probably the least forgivable. Medical reports that showed his knee was fecked were ignored. Instead he was given a two year deal! His Agent clearly pulled the wool over Mandy's eyes there.

About the player himself: Never did anything wrong. Not his fault his career is a shadow of what it should have been. Not his fault he can't jump or run anymore I suppose.

However, despite patting him on the back for respectfully agreeing to terminate his employment with us, let us not forget that this man knew what he was in the summer and has made a fair few quid out of us since. We'd have all done the same I guess, but it doesn't make it right.

Of all the shoddy signings, this one was probably the least forgivable. Medical reports that showed his knee was fecked were ignored. Instead he was given a two year deal! His Agent clearly pulled the wool over Mandy's eyes there.

Now where did that happen before, let me think now...........:017:

Oh yes I remember, when the great bloke MON signed a player called Darren Eddie, all the xrays were ignored and we then shelled out over £3M for him.......

Rumour had it the xrays were not of DE......:102:

Now where did that happen before, let me think now...........:017:

Oh yes I remember, when the great bloke MON signed a player called Darren Eddie, all the xrays were ignored and we then shelled out over £3M for him.......

Rumour had it the xrays were not of DE......:102:

:018:Eadie

Well someone needs to do Jeff and Bocs pedantry work when they are not around:icon_bigg

whiteflag1md9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69