Cadamarteri signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh

Danny Deal Done

Leicester City have today completed the signing of former Everton and Sheffield United forward Danny Cadamarteri on a deal that will run until the end of the 2006-07 season.

Cadamarteri arrived at the club a fortnight ago to initially train with the Foxes squad.

And the 27-year-old forward has suitably impressed City boss Rob Kelly enough to be offered a short-term deal at the Walkers Stadium.

Kelly said: "Danny is a player who I have followed since he was a youngster at Everton. He is a forward and he has got pace.

"Danny has had a little spell out of the game and he is hungry. He's 27 now and has got a young family. I am sure he would admit himself that he hasn't really realised his potential.

"He burst on to the scene as a teenager at Everton and for one reason or another he hasn't fulfilled that potential. But he has now realised that he has got another opportunity.

"He wants to do well and wants to achieve what his ability and talent should allow him to.

"He has looked after himself during his break. He has been playing for Grays Athletic in the Conference to keep himself ticking over and has been training with us for a couple of weeks now.

"Obviously, he is only going to get match fitness by playing matches. But he is certainly in good nick in general fitness terms."

Cadamarteri began his professional playing career as a 17 year-old at Everton - and will probably be best remembered by Toffees fans for his cool finish in the famous 2-0 victory over Liverpool in 1997.

After six years at Goodison Park, Cadamarteri moved on to his hometown club Bradford in 2002 before making the short trip to Leeds United in July 2004. The speedy forward was then on the move again later that year when a £50,000 deal secured his services for Sheffield United.

Cadamarteri found his way back to Bradford at the start of the 2005-06 season, where he made 39 appearances during the campaign for the Yorkshire outfit.

Danny made two appearances for Grays Athletic of the Conference during December in his quest for match action.

The player has been handed the number 24 shirt.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~948245,00.html?

Last edited:
i think the jury's out on this one.

could be worth a gamble

He must be playing for peanuts, I thought we couldn't even afford another loan deal.

we will have to see! I hope he gets a chance sooner rather than later,cant be any worse than Low!

I'll give him a chance, 3 games, that's all you get.

Damn right.

I cant wait to see what players we miss out on in the transfer window

totally the wrong sort of player we need at the moment, all season we've been crying out for someone who can hold the ball at the front and/or be able to head it, I know he's free etc etc but personally I don't see how he will do anything to give us any additional attacking options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566