Calcio Italia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's next? jews? blacks?:icon_roll
From sky news

Moggi: 'There Are No Gays In Football'

Updated:16:00, Wednesday April 23, 2008
The former managing director of a top Italian football club has launched a tirade against homosexuals - insisting gays cannot be footballers.

Luciano Moggi, who was at the helm of Juventus, delivered his rant on the programme KlausCondico.
The 70-year-old - who has been embroiled in an alleged corruption scandal - said: "There are no gays in football.
"I don't know if players are against having them in their team but I definitely am.

"In the teams where I worked there were never any. I never wanted to have a homosexual player and I still wouldn't sign one.

"I'm old school but I know the ambience of football and a gay wouldn't be able to survive within it.
"A homosexual cannot do the job of a footballer. The football world is not designed for them, it's a special atmosphere, one in which you stand naked under the showers."
1426339.jpg
Luciano Moggi

There are no openly gay footballers in any of the major European leagues.
The only reasonably well known player to have come out while playing was Justin Fashanu, in England in the 1980s.
Rumours are abound about many players in internet chat rooms but still the subject remains something of a taboo in football.
Former Argentina coach Daniel Passarella was quoted by Argentine newspapers before the 1998 World Cup as saying that he did not want gays or long haired players on his team.
Last year, the country hosted the 'gay World Cup'.

Last edited:
Anyway feck him..... Juve 5-2 Lazio

CL lcertain next season now.

Inter held to a draw at home Roma win all down to the last week with both teams away from home

Inter held to a draw at home Roma win all down to the last week with both teams away from home

I think Roma will do it, they are on a vein of good form and Inter are wobbling.

I think Roma will do it, they are on a vein of good form and Inter are wobbling.

both got what could be tricky games against sides fighting it out at the bottom of the table and Parma have sacked their coach today

both got what could be tricky games against sides fighting it out at the bottom of the table and Parma have sacked their coach today

with one game to go as well, why couldn't MM have done that to IH just before the Stoke game. I bet Parma will survive now.

it was touch and go for a while with Rome winning and Inter drawing but once Inter scored Catania were almost certain to get a late equaliser.

i bet Empoli were pleased

Another weekend of Italian footy coming up.

I see Juve are on TV BG, luckily my local shows every single game televised so ill pop down to check your lot out.

We have a tough one at home to Sampdoria, hopefully we can build on the excellent 4-1 win last time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669