Cambiasso isn't coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy was outstanding towards the end of last season. However, he is 34 and only has a year or two left at the most. The club doesn't revolve around him ........

Exactly. I cringe when I read the mongfest on Facebook making foolish statements such as suggesting he is the best player ever to wear the Royal Blue. Yes the guy had a great influence last season and chipped in with a few goals. But I also witnessed misplaced passes and him putting it wide of the post with an open net beckoning.

Yes he was very good, but the best ever? It's as if Keith Weller, Frankie Wortho, Gordon Banks and Junior Lewis never existed.

A fantastic player who will be difficult to replace. Thanks for the efforts.

But am I the only one who thinks things have gone OTT. I understand it's big news when someone like Gerrard or Lampard doesn't resign after many years as legends of a club, but after 1 year it seems strange that this decision is headline news.

I'm disappointed but Cambiasso had one year at the club, and IMO has not earned the right to be considered a club legend.

Thanks for your efforts, shame you didn't stay, bye.

Yes, this. Very much this.

Exactly. I cringe when I read the mongfest on Facebook making foolish statements such as suggesting he is the best player ever to wear the Royal Blue. Yes the guy had a great influence last season and chipped in with a few goals. But I also witnessed misplaced passes and him putting it wide of the post with an open net beckoning.

Yes he was very good, but the best ever? It's as if Keith Weller, Frankie Wortho, Gordon Banks and Junior Lewis never existed.

Blasphemy!! Go and whip yourself, then say 50 Hail Nigels while clutching your rosemary anal beads.

Can a mod change the thread title please?

Have to say whilst he was superb last season, I am disappointed with the way this has dragged on and I really question whether we were going to be anything other than a last resort to him for this season, even if NP had stayed.

By far the best player I have ever witnessed in person, this doesn't make me a mong but it does put into perspective the difference in quality between Cambiasso and every single player in the MON years.

He was streets ahead of all of them, without exception.

I'm most disappointed because I'd just had 'Esteban Matias Cambiasso Deleau is MAGIC' tattooed on my John Thomas

I'm most disappointed because I'd just had 'Esteban Matias Cambiasso Deleau is MAGIC' tattooed on my John Thomas
You didn't have room for "you know" at the the end there? Not surprised. Tiny fecker.

By far the best player I have ever witnessed in person, this doesn't make me a mong but it does put into perspective the difference in quality between Cambiasso and every single player in the MON years.

This. To also claim that because he misplaced passes and missed very good scoring chances that he wasn't as good as x, y and z is forgetting that x, y and z would have done the same in their era.

Absolute genius of a player who could see a pass and execute it while others were still warming up. His positional play and awareness of his team mates and the space around him make him almost impossible to replace.

The smartest player I have ever seen don the shirt.

Interesting Homer. Personally I had "Well, Esteban you were instrumental last season in keeping us up, now let's see how you do on the Champ..."

Absolutely gutted. One of, if not the, best midfielders I have seen at LCFC.

As much as I would like to blame CR, I think this was always a 1 year project for him. The motives being 1. Add some £ to a well deserved retirement pot and 2. Gain some PL experience for his coaching badges.

It looked like a farewell to me when he came off in the last game. NP giving him the substitution out of respect and to see if the love we all showed would tweak his heart strings and tempt him for another year.

Not to be. Thanks for the memories. It certainly was magic.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I was gobsmacked he was even considering it. If I was Cambi there would be no way I would stay on for another year after that ending.

Except Muzzy of course who was better in my opinion.

Except Muzzy of course who was better in my opinion.
Muzzy is my all time top city player, but luckily I'm not deluded enough to think he touched the class of Esteban Cambiasso.

Although in fairness Muzzy did get 8 more caps for Turkey than Cambi so you might have a point.

Muzzy is my all time top city player, but luckily I'm not deluded enough to think he touched the class of Esteban Cambiasso.

Although in fairness Muzzy did get 8 more caps for Turkey than Cambi so you might have a point.

Well he would have done wouldn't he? EC isn't Turkish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669