Cambiasso isn't coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted but personally I feel proud to have had such a player at our team, albeit for one season only. Last season will forever be a part of mine and my kids memories of City. We go through our support with the ups and downs, and to be honest, that's what makes being a Leicester fan. It may be a long time before we see such a player in a blue shirt, but I feel honoured to have witnessed such a player. Bring on the next chapter and good luck Cambo!

Fantastic year we had with him. Things move on though. Thanks for the memories, Esteban.

So just because Pea Son left and not the owners we've lost Gloria. With only hours left til the new season kicks off our midfield looks likely to be Drinkpiss and Hammond (not ankle). Well done Claudio, St Nige would never have bought midfielders like that.

The guy was outstanding towards the end of last season. However, he is 34 and only has a year or two left at the most. The club doesn't revolve around him and in reality he deserves better than us for his last season. Thank you Esteban and all the best. The signing that we make to replace him is incredibly important. We need quality, a leader and experience. I hope Claudio has something good in his locker.

Well that's it. Goodbye Estaban would loved to have seen you in a City shirt next season. Thanks for the memories, thanks for showing us what a world class footballer can do for a club like ours. Come back as our next Manager if you want a challenge!

If Ranieri has any favours he can call in, now is the time to get a magical midfielder in to get his street cred up with the small 'doom' section of the fans.

Statement from the club:

Esteban Cambiasso confirms he will not be re-joining Leicester City
- LCFC thanks Cambiasso for ‘exceptional contribution’
- Efforts to retain Argentine midfielder on-going since end of last season
- Cambiasso expresses pride in club with ‘unforgettable spirit and energy’

Esteban Cambiasso has tonight (Tuesday) confirmed that he will not be re-signing with Leicester City.

Esteban’s statement, made via his official Facebook page, can be found in full below.

Leicester City Football Club would like to express its sincerest thanks to Esteban for his exceptional contribution during the 2014/15 season, which saw the Argentine midfielder play a central role in the Club’s successful fight to remain in the Barclays Premier League.

Our efforts to retain his services began before the end of last season and the Club appreciates the professional manner in which Esteban and his representatives have conducted themselves during negotiations since that time.

We fully respect Esteban’s wishes and wish him well in his future career.

Well CR got his answer, not the one he and a few thousand City supporters wanted, but at least we now know what sort of midifielders we need, a leader on and off the pitch, should be easy to find a replacement.

Lets close this now and move on.

MLS-bound? At 35 - wouldn't surprise me if he looks to do the in thing and wind down his playing career there.

Dear Esteban,

For the first six months of last season, I thought you were average to be honest. I remember watching you for quite a while one day at Leicester station. You were standing all by yourself, clearly freezing, with team mates boyishly giggling all around, waiting for a train down to West Ham. You looked bewildered by it all and I felt sad for you.

The last three months of last season was simply the best I've ever seen in terms of someone hauling a team through matches with a desire, intelligence and technique that astounded me. You were amazing and inspirational at times.

If you now want to experience something new, like a year in the US or similar, good luck to you. You're an example precious few pros follow and that sets you apart. Thanks for those three months; I'll never forget it.

BN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670