Match Thread Cambridge v Leicester - PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't dire at all. Neither was Ghezzal last night, another one about whom you have always been disparaging.
I noticed you quickly changed your tune during the game compared to your pre-match negativity about them.
For goodness sake let's give players a chance without writing them off instantly.
What are you blithering on about now? You telling me he wasn't crap doesn't alter the fact that he was as far as I'm concerned. You are entitled to think what you like. I also praised Ghezzal and Soyuncu for their displays yesterday as I will do for any player when they show up and put in a shift. It's not about 'changing tune' for goodness sake, it's simply showing appreciation when it is deserved on merit.

Ghezzal was exceptionally wasteful yesterday although he did do some great things with the ball at his feet and he looked a threat going forward. Does this change the umpteen times I've seen him perform poorly? Of course it doesn't and neither should it. You're another one who has jumped on the absurd 'stop being mean about our players' bandwagon. It's so tedious and completely made up. Wanting some PL experienced back up for our defence is in no way suggesting that Soyuncu is somehow dreadful. Criticising players when they have poor games such as Ghezzal has had for us isn't akin to somehow 'writing him off'. If he shows some form, I will be more than happy to offer the praise he deserves. The same goes for Silva, Slimani, Diabate etc, etc. Should we start believing that these are wonderfully gifted players without any evidence, as well?

Your confidence in some of these players despite any evidence to the contrary may be considered as blinkered as the lack of confidence others have in them but I wouldn't say that; it would be pretty stupid, wouldn't it?

I'd hold off making any grand decisions on players based on preseason performances.

They are notoriously unreliable. I've randomly plucked a thread from this time four years ago to illustrate the point. This one degenerated into Simpson bashing. Contrary to the consensus opinion, he turned out to be quite important in the season that followed.

https://talkingballs.uk/threads/mansfield-v-leicester.37928/

Like everyone, I have opinions about the relative merits of our players. However. we now have a manager that knows better than we do and we can trust to get on with it. If he thinks Soyuncu is up to it, so be it. If he doesn't, fair enough.

For me, it seems most on here label all players as either shit or a world beater with little to nothing in between.

Its almost as if posters are desperate to be the first to label them correctly just so they can say I told you so.

It's one of the worst traits of this forum in my opinion and it completely denies any attempt for any discussion about anything as it just ends up extreme one way or another.

Obviously that is just my opinion and anyone is free to disagree with it but I think the volume of posts and regular posters backs this up.

Also, popillious, this isn't directly aimed at you, just a general observation that your post has catalysed.

For me, it seems most on here label all players as either shit or a world beater with little to nothing in between.

Its almost as if posters are desperate to be the first to label them correctly just so they can say I told you so.

It's one of the worst traits of this forum in my opinion and it completely denies any attempt for any discussion about anything as it just ends up extreme one way or another.

Obviously that is just my opinion and anyone is free to disagree with it but I think the volume of posts and regular posters backs this up.

Also, popillious, this isn't directly aimed at you, just a general observation that your post has catalysed.
Not at all. I agree with a lot you have said.

I'd hold off making any grand decisions on players based on preseason performances.

They are notoriously unreliable. I've randomly plucked a thread from this time four years ago to illustrate the point. This one degenerated into Simpson bashing. Contrary to the consensus opinion, he turned out to be quite important in the season that followed.

https://talkingballs.uk/threads/mansfield-v-leicester.37928/

Like everyone, I have opinions about the relative merits of our players. However. we now have a manager that knows better than we do and we can trust to get on with it. If he thinks Soyuncu is up to it, so be it. If he doesn't, fair enough.
Brilliant post.

I think you’re right in one way, M17TT, but I don’t think that’s unique to this forum. It isn’t even unique to football forums, in my opinion.

I’ve said before that it seems that many people feel that life has to be binary, you have to be at one end of the spectrum, or the other. It is possible to think someone is a decent/ok player, but, as you say, too many people to rush to label them either shite or brilliant, with no middle ground permitted. It’s the “you’re either with us, or against us” argument, which I don’t like.

Just a dead leg and nothing serious
most likely fit for Saturday, the thing about the 2 squads for Saturday I don't think we can do a surplus to requirements + kids squad if we want players to get 90 mins, the surplus players need to be making up the bench whilst the players we want to keep get the match time in both games

Can someone post the final score? I’m in Spain and can’t seem to find any details. Did Harry score? Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363