Cambridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might go, but as it's only 5 days before the start of the season do you think a full team/squad will be on show???

According to Martin's Saturday evening blog, all the players who did not play against Portsmouth will go to Cambridge. Jimmy and Raebi are probably the only new ones who did not play on Saturday, and who are fit. Cort and Hayes might make an appearance.

Will Maybury and Hughes be strolling around with no numbers on their backs?

If Fryatt does not play again I would say he has been sold, unless a reliable insider knows otherwise?

Was going to this but am not so sure I can make it now.

Parking in Cambridge is a flaming nightmare at the best of times (and the traffic is also usually bad!). Parking at the ground is at a premium (and soooo easy to be blocked in- been there done that) so I wouldn't bother if its busy. I'd use one of the park and rides. Been a couple of years since I lived in Cambridge but I think the Trumpington Park and Ride goes past the ground (don't quote me though!) if not, you can get off at the Grafton centre and walk- its only about 20 mins tops. If you get off at the Grafton Centre and take a right into Prospect Row there are FOUR decent pubs down here (where I used to live :) ). Plus theres a pub on the corner by tescos on the way to the ground if you walk. Can't remember the name of it though!

If you are going by train, get a taxi from the station- its a fair walk!

Last time I went there was some terracing and some seating for away fans; behind the goal is seated (although you will probably get wet if it does decide to rain!) and in the corner there is terracing if I remember right, next to the home fans.

Last edited:
Was going to this but am not so sure I can make it now.

Parking in Cambridge is a flaming nightmare at the best of times (and the traffic is also usually bad!). Parking at the ground is at a premium (and soooo easy to be blocked in- been there done that) so I wouldn't bother if its busy. I'd use one of the park and rides. Been a couple of years since I lived in Cambridge but I think the Trumpington Park and Ride goes past the ground (don't quote me though!) if not, you can get off at the Grafton centre and walk- its only about 20 mins tops. If you get off at the Grafton Centre and take a right into Prospect Row there are FOUR decent pubs down here (where I used to live :) ). Plus theres a pub on the corner by tescos on the way to the ground if you walk. Can't remember the name of it though!

If you are going by train, get a taxi from the station- its a fair walk!

Last time I went there was some terracing and some seating for away fans; behind the goal is seated (although you will probably get wet if it does decide to rain!) and in the corner there is terracing if I remember right, next to the home fans.

Great info, thanks alot.

Right im off to Cambridge:)

I know you were in Scotland - have you been to all the public pre-season games Fludie?

I am in Perth, Australia this week so will not be going. I will not find out our Blackpool result until I get to Dubai in the early hours of Sunday morning, so here's hoping you have a cracking day and celebrate 3 points well won!

I am looking forward to the season, but I am allowing for a few games for the squad and team to start to gel.

I hope Kaebi is at least a sub and gets a second-half run-out. I'm worried now that Shaun Newton will be playing on the right against Blackpool.

Newton will be all right v Blackpool, although i was hoping to see Kaiebi play with Newton on the left (assuming no incomings)

Kaebi must be injured as he doesn't need pre season training as he has only just finished playing in a tournament.

Maybe he was only ever going to be introduced gradually as Championship footie is a far cry from Iran's domestic league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00