Campbell Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollie still wants him but reckons it's unlikely.

Apparently, despite not wanting to play for us or scoring a goal for us last season, his wages have now risen because of us getting promoted ... might be a problem in geting rid.

Ollie still wants him but reckons it's unlikely.

Apparently, despite not wanting to play for us or scoring a goal for us last season, his wages have now risen because of us getting promoted ... might be a problem in geting rid.

But he signed when we were in the Championship, and we haven't been promoted out of that league. How does that work then? Did he take a wage cut when we were relegated?

I personally think it's Holloway talking shite as per usual.

Sounds about right - on reflection there is no way he would have in his contract a clause that said if we were relegated and then came back up he would be due a raise. Holloway is no doubt confusing it with the clause that would normally be included to give a rise if we were promoted out of the championship. Perhaps he thinks our relegation was all a bad dream and we actually got promoted with him at the helm.

It does however mean that Holloway needs to search for a replacement for the loan star. And what a replacement he must be to fill Campbell's boots.
For several grand a week, I could hang around two yards offside looking disinterested. If that's what they want...

It was confirmed to us that a pay reduction if relegated was in most (if not all) players contracts, so pay would just be returning to previous levels

Of course unlike other managers Ian Holloway would know all the details of Campbell's contract. There is no doubt that Campbell's performances for Leicester were generally poor and his performances for Blackpool generally good. It would be interesting to know what reason Campbell himself gives for this - and what reasons the coaches of Leicester and Blackpool give.

Of course unlike other managers Ian Holloway would know all the details of Campbell's contract. There is no doubt that Campbell's performances for Leicester were generally poor and his performances for Blackpool generally good. It would be interesting to know what reason Campbell himself gives for this - and what reasons the coaches of Leicester and Blackpool give.

Out of interest how do you know his performances for blackpool were mostly good? Is that just based on his goals or did you watch them?

If NP can sort Campbell's head out and get him playing for us then we have someone who can score a few goals next season.

That my friend is the problem.

The problem seems to be Campbell's attitude. Whether it's his attitude towards Leicester or just his attitude in general I'm not sure, but he's got the ability to score goals with some frequency in The Championship.

he's proved what i always thought he was,good riddance to him

Last edited:
We're all sure he won't play for us again, but actually, he may not have the choice. He's not done enough yet to get many knocking on the door for his services, especially at his wage-rate. Hopefully Peterbrough will get Martin Allen to take over when Darren Fergie leaves this summer, then we may see the back of our DJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669