Can we sort out our squad in the next four days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance Brunt, Wright or Hirst will be registered for the PL squad, they'll be loaded out and Fofana is as good as gone so that's down to 26 easy enough.

Highly unlikely both Bertrand and Ricardo will be registered either so we should get down to 25 OK.

The problem is making space for any new players.

It sounds like Perez could be on his way which would open space for a right winger.

A decent keeper would be nice too but that would probably mean having to loan our Iversen as we missed the chance trying to flog Ward earlier on in the summer when others were in need of a keeper.

If Soumare is now staying then we really need to look to move Mendy on, which would give us space for the much needed CB.

Vestergaard is the awkward one, in a number of ways, but if we can somehow move him out, I'd take a punt on a younger CB from the championship.

Another wide option, as well as a new RW, probably wouldn't go a miss but we'd have to ship Praet out.

I'd even look to loan Thomas out to the Championship if we had another left back come in on loan ourselves.

All in all, a pretty massive job which makes it even remarkable that we haven't really done any meaningful business yet, in or out, with only a few days to go.

I reckon we'll get a new CB and maybe a loan or 2 at best as well struggle to have the space without having 5-6 unregistered players which would be insane with our wage bill.

I reckon at most, we sign 2 players.

If that isn't a first team worthy centre back and right winger then it's going to be a long old season...

Could get even more desperate if we let Perez leave before we sign a winger too.

He
Considering Amartey has been responsible for 3 or 4 conceded goals already, wouldn't someone with half a brain be worth signing!
It would. But I’d rather we got a manager with half a brain.

The biggest annoyance for me is that it’s 2 days before the end of the window and we’re in this position. **** Fofana and Chelsea, we should have said to them that if it wasn’t done by a certain date then tough shit.

The biggest annoyance for me is that it’s 2 days before the end of the window and we’re in this position. **** Fofana and Chelsea, we should have said to them that if it wasn’t done by a certain date then tough shit.

But we always knew we would cave in, so I would fully expect that we have something lined up to spend the money on

**** signing players. Use the Fofana cash to **** Rodgers off and it’ll be like signing a whole new squad.

Absolutely insane.

So you'd be happy to sack Rodgers and have our only centre halves for this season be Evans, Soyuncu, Amartey and Vestergaard?

Whoever is manager, we need to strengthen our defence and add some creativity to our attack.

But we always knew we would cave in, so I would fully expect that we have something lined up to spend the money on
I’m working on the basis at the min that we have done that, otherwise it would be staggering mismanagement. I still don’t like it being done this close to the end of the window though.

Where does paying off a manager count in FFP terms? I thought the word on the street was our problems were wage bill not cash

Absolutely insane.

So you'd be happy to sack Rodgers and have our only centre halves for this season be Evans, Soyuncu, Amartey and Vestergaard?
I’d rather that than Rodgers, those four, plus the bloke from Dortmund.

Any other manager would get Evans and Soyuncu back playing together. A combination that has generally worked well for us over the last couple of years.

I’d rather that than Rodgers, those four, plus the bloke from Dortmund.

Any other manager would get Evans and Soyuncu back playing together. A combination that has generally worked well for us over the last couple of years.
I can’t understand why Evans and Soyuncu aren’t our starting pair. Doesn’t make any sense to me, unless he’s moving imminently, which there doesn’t seem to be any talk of. Maybe he’ll come back in once the window closes?

I can’t understand why Evans and Soyuncu aren’t our starting pair. Doesn’t make any sense to me, unless he’s moving imminently, which there doesn’t seem to be any talk of. Maybe he’ll come back in once the window closes?
There must be a good reason because if there isn’t and he genuinely thinks Amartey is better… well… Jesus. :075:

Starting Evans and Soyuncu and I'd suddenly feel so much more confident.

**** signing players. Use the Fofana cash to **** Rodgers off and it’ll be like signing a whole new squad.
Please.

We have a good team in there. Case in point is a guy like Ndidi. Not long ago he was one of the most commanding midfield ball winners. He didn’t suddenly turn shit. Same with Soyuncu. He isn’t suddenly shit. Tielemans is an absolute shadow. He isn’t suddenly shit.

This team needs to go back to basics. There is a tune in there. Our current manager can’t find it.

I wonder if a guy like Daka might actually have some talent. We’ve just never seen it because our forwards play the game mostly in a different postal code to the rest of the team. It’s no wonder Vardy fluffed his chances. Poor bastard hasn’t seen the ball before we played 10 man Chelsea.

Do you really think we're going to sign players before the Fofana deal is done?

If we could do that it would have happened weeks ago.

We need to be moving another ten out. If relatively reliable sources are to be believed, we've set prices too high for the market and scared off most suitors. Clubs know we need cash so they'll just wait us out.

I keep expecting a fire sale but it's not happening. We seem to have dropped our asking price for Fofana but nothing seems to be moving for others. Even with Fofana, we supposedly agreed a deal with Chelsea four days ago and still nothing.

I'm genuinely staggered at how badly we're managing this. As another day passes by, the situation becomes ever more desperate. If we make minimal changes, this squad is so unbalanced and stale that we're asking for trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363