Can we sort out our squad in the next four days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be moving another ten out. If relatively reliable sources are to be believed, we've set prices too high for the market and scared off most suitors. Clubs know we need cash so they'll just wait us out.

I keep expecting a fire sale but it's not happening. We seem to have dropped our asking price for Fofana but nothing seems to be moving for others. Even with Fofana, we supposedly agreed a deal with Chelsea four days ago and still nothing.

I'm genuinely staggered at how badly we're managing this. As another day passes by, the situation becomes ever more desperate. If we make minimal changes, this squad is so unbalanced and stale that we're asking for trouble.

I agree with you, but we only accepted Chelsea's offer late Friday night.

They supposedly are flying him to the US for a medical. That probably means he didn't fly out until Sunday, which means best case the medical happened Sunday, or maybe yesterday - or maybe both.

Also clubs still seem incapable of getting things done on Bank Holiday and weekends. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the transfer is completed and announced today.

Hopefully we then have signings ready to go.

As for others - I'd still expect Soyuncu or Vestergaard, and Perez still to go by the sounds of it. But time is running out

I'd expect it to drag on for another couple of days as they clearly weren't completely happy with something, hence shipping him over to America for a medical there.

Previous windows have shown we really aren't the sharpest negotiators when it comes right down to the wire.

We've also back ourselves in to corner with some obscene wages for band average players so we are clearly in a position where we need to move players on which means it really wouldn't surprise me if we see another first teamer leaving like Tielemans or even Maddison.

They’ll just stall the deal until the last minute to **** us over for not immediately acquiescing to them right?

I almost want him to fail the medical as that would be hilarious. He would then be back here cap in hand.

Unfortunately that would probably **** us over more than him though.

Can not help but feel that the Fofana money will be used to sack Rodgers hopefully a few loan signings will be made.

Surely it should just be BM and bm - simples!

Apt initials for the both too......

Tick, tock.

We've done nothing. Nothing.

Even that prize dipshit Frank Lampard spoke some sense last night when asked about the potential sale of Gordon to Chelsea. He said that it was too late in the window to sell as they'd not have time to spend the proceeds properly. So he'd called the move off. Obviously.

Meanwhile we sleepwalk towards oblivion.

The fact that only some of the proceeds from selling Fofana would be made available is also scary stuff. It means that we're only selling because we're skint. Properly skint.

Top must have pulled the plug on financial support. Something really rotten is behind all this.

Whatever your view of the club’s current situation, of Rodgers or the squad you surely can’t deny that giving ourselves a matter of hours to complete months of work is a ****ing shambles.

What do people like John Rudkin actually do?

Three weeks ago I found Rodgers’ bleating about transfers embarrassing but today I actually have a shred of sympathy for the bloke.

Gonna be a long and painful day

Although I think we can answer the original question now

Would £60mil two weeks ago for Fofana not have been more use than £70mil at some point on deadline day?

The fact that no other business has happened in that time tells you that whoever is doing this work isn’t doing their job(s).

No movement on Perez, Praet, Soumare, Vestergaard, Soyuncu or the overage development squad lads in need of loan deals.

It all smacks of our financial situation being worse than we realise - probably down to KP's financial situation not being great.

Hopefully if we can shift Praet and/or Perez as well as Fofana though, that's still going to give us around £30m to sign a centre back and a winger - and it seems like they are rightly the positions we're prioritising. Just hope we get the right players in.

Gonna be a long and painful day

Although I think we can answer the original question now

I hate to break it to you Homey, but the window shuts at 11pm tomorrow, not today.

So it's going to be a long and painful two days (on top of a long and painful summer).

It all smacks of our financial situation being worse than we realise - probably down to KP's financial situation not being great.

Hopefully if we can shift Praet and/or Perez as well as Fofana though, that's still going to give us around £30m to sign a centre back and a winger - and it seems like they are rightly the positions we're prioritising. Just hope we get the right players in.
I think it is just down to 'mismanagement' at the club as we've had a wage bill of over 100% of our turnover for the past 3 years or so which is simply unsustainable without huge financial input each year which KP don't tend to do.

We've gambled big on breaking in to the CL and failed - without that additional income from CL we are now in the position we are in.

I'm sure covid has had a great impact too as match day revenue would have been a big loss and we would probably have been able to ride mid table finishes a lot better without covid.

I hate to break it to you Homey, but the window shuts at 11pm tomorrow, not today.

So it's going to be a long and painful two days (on top of a long and painful summer).
We’re playing a league match tomorrow, can’t imagine there’ll be much going on in terms of transfer activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263