Can we sort out our squad in the next four days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ward, Iversen, Smithies, Justin, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Evans, Brunt, Amartey, Ricardo, Vestergaard, Castagne, Thomas, Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi, Praet, Soumare, Albrighton, Wright, Mendy, Dewsbury-Hall, Iheanacho, Vardy, Perez, Daka

Hirst gone now so down to 27.

26 as as Thomas still counts as an under 21 player.

Interesting. I'd read that he didn't count as U21 this season as he's, well, not U21 any more. However, it appears that you count as an U21 if you were born after 1/1/2001 and Thomas was born on 10/6/2001. Therefore, you are correct (I think).

Therefore, we're down to 26.

Ward, Iversen, Smithies, Justin, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Evans, Brunt, Amartey, Ricardo, Vestergaard, Castagne, Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi, Praet, Soumare, Albrighton, Wright, Mendy, Dewsbury-Hall, Iheanacho, Vardy, Perez, Daka

Ward, Iversen, Smithies, Justin, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Evans, Brunt, Amartey, Ricardo, Vestergaard, Castagne, Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi, Praet, Soumare, Albrighton, Wright, Mendy, Dewsbury-Hall, Iheanacho, Vardy, Perez, Daka

Highlighted are the players I deem first team at the moment.

Ward and Iversen are both 'jury out' in my opinion and I don't know much about Brunt.

That gives us 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 1 attacker.

Some of the non-highlighted players need to step-up this season, excluding Bertrand, Albrighton, Perez, Amartey and Vesty who I think just aren't good enough.

heard that Wolves are interested in Soyuncu also the interview with Klopp resulted in a guarded response about signing a midfielder rumoured to be Tielemans.
this could leave us even lighter as the season progresses, let's see what businesses can be done by tomorrow. I think we can still loan players after tomorrow?

Any club fans with some bollocks and self-respect would be preparing to protest tomorrow night. This is an absolute disgrace. A summer of pure self-harm.
...because protesting on a game night is not an act of self-harm of course!

heard that Wolves are interested in Soyuncu also the interview with Klopp resulted in a guarded response about signing a midfielder rumoured to be Tielemans.
this could leave us even lighter as the season progresses, let's see what businesses can be done by tomorrow. I think we can still loan players after tomorrow?
Nope, only players who are free agents prior to the transfer window closing can be signed and registered to play after the deadline.

The answer to the question is now categorically......... NO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469