Can we sort out our squad in the next four days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re playing a league match tomorrow, can’t imagine there’ll be much going on in terms of transfer activity

I'd assume the people negotiating the deals aren't the same as the people involved in signing and sealing transfer deals.

As long as all potential signings and outgoings have already had Brendan's agreement, I can't see why we wouldn't be doing deals at the same time.

Shit to be playing on deadline day though as very distracting for manager and players.

My great concern from seeing the names we are linked to, is that apparently we have been lining these players up for months. We’ll have to wait to see what we get, but if the current names are ‘the big plan’ we have allowed the club to go to shit in spectacular fashion. Our recruitment was the envy of the league for so long. How we could’ve even entertained the idea of someone like Congerton for half a second is beyond me.

All fingers and toes crossed we see some quality soon.

I think the frustrating thing is not knowing what is going on. The club of course won’t clarify it. What useful purpose would it serve for them. We just have to watch the chips fall.

Soon be Christmas.

How we could’ve even entertained the idea of someone like Congerton for half a second is beyond me.

Funny thing was that a lot of people were pointing out what a dud appointment it was at the time.

It's also unbelievable that we chose not to renew his contract, but failed to get anyone in for this crucial window - although with no funds to spend anyway, I suppose it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

My great concern from seeing the names we are linked to, is that apparently we have been lining these players up for months. We’ll have to wait to see what we get, but if the current names are ‘the big plan’ we have allowed the club to go to shit in spectacular fashion. Our recruitment was the envy of the league for so long. How we could’ve even entertained the idea of someone like Congerton for half a second is beyond me.

All fingers and toes crossed we see some quality soon.

I'm not sure I agree with this - what do you mean?

Is it because you've not heard of Wout Faes for example? If so, that's where we've been successful before... How many of us had heard of N'Golo Kante, Riyad Mahrez, Wesley Fofana before we were linked with them?

Our successful model has been signing these types of players and then making a big profit on them.

A signing like Faes, Lacroix, James Garner, etc and the names we're being linked with right now feel much more like 'typical Leicester' signings than players like Lookman, Vestergaard etc that we signed last year.

Personally I'm more excited by that kind of signing than names we're already very familiar with.

I'm not sure I agree with this - what do you mean?

Is it because you've not heard of Wout Faes for example? If so, that's where we've been successful before... How many of us had heard of N'Golo Kante, Riyad Mahrez, Wesley Fofana before we were linked with them?

Our successful model has been signing these types of players and then making a big profit on them.

A signing like Faes, Lacroix, James Garner, etc and the names we're being linked with right now feel much more like 'typical Leicester' signings than players like Lookman, Vestergaard etc that we signed last year.

Personally I'm more excited by that kind of signing than names we're already very familiar with.
No it isn’t that. I tend to look to see what fans of the selling club think. There isn’t a lot positive I am seeing about either.

No it isn’t that. I tend to look to see what fans of the selling club think. There isn’t a lot positive I am seeing about either.

Try reading this then: http://www.reimsvdt.com/forums/inde...2a42cb39f311fe1f10&act=ST&f=15&t=21630&st=120

Some comments about Faes from that thread - translated by Google:

Great performance again today.
His rise to 35 meters from the opposing goals by taking space (his trademark) undoubtedly leads to Ito's goal...
Caillot must do everything to keep it, maintaining it will also depend on the fact that it remains all this season !

He goes to Leicester it's almost done for 20 million plus bonus with a 5 year contract. Nice financial operation but big sporting loss

In the meantime I think we're losing an excellent player, I almost want to say the best DC for 10-15 years but I can be on fire to say almost since the liquidation. I really appreciate this player…
Good luck to him.

Huge loss, I really hoped that he would stay...
Rajko and Faês less, our nets will shake!

I'm disappointed with his departure, but well done for resale

Last edited:
Ward, Iversen, Smithies, Justin, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Evans, Brunt, Amartey, Ricardo, Vestergaard, Castagne, Thomas, Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi, Praet, Soumare, Albrighton, Wright, Mendy, Dewsbury-Hall, Iheanacho, Hirst, Vardy, Perez, Daka

With Fofana gone, that leaves us with 28.

27 when Hirst goes
26 with Bertrand’s injury
25 possibly with Ricardo’s
24 cos Vestergard is shite

The irony shouldn't be lost that our track record with players we've not heard of is way better than those we have - I give you Ndidi, Mahrez, Kante, Okazaki vs Vestergaard, Lookman, Perez, Ihenacho, Bertrand......I never judge till Ive seen them play but sometimes the ones you've never heard of turn out to be shrewd signings.

If we stick to the facts, with a day and a bit to go, we've sold our captain and goalkeeper and replaced him with a third choice that will hopefully never play a game.

We've sold our best defender and not replaced him. We've failed to address all our other issues apart from loaning out Choudhury.

Any club fans with some bollocks and self-respect would be preparing to protest tomorrow night. This is an absolute disgrace. A summer of pure self-harm.

If we stick to the facts, with a day and a bit to go, we've sold our captain and goalkeeper and replaced him with a third choice that will hopefully never play a game.

We've sold our best defender and not replaced him. We've failed to address all our other issues apart from loaning out Choudhury.

Any club fans with some bollocks and self-respect would be preparing to protest tomorrow night. This is an absolute disgrace. A summer of pure self-harm.
Patience BN, patience....

Do you have any Tena's handy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570