Canero

Status
Not open for further replies.
matt_c0nn0lly said:
hate to say it but cov wont go down, matt heath is a good defender that we should of kept considerin CL likes young players that have come from the youth system, which he was the only one of any real talent in long time, scowy wasn't released cus hes shit, its cus he was on too much wages and i think a lot of people would of like to see him stay, and as for canero, only seen him play a few times, seems able to do a job at this level but i supose with maybury and stearman it wasn't worth paying him to eat and get physio. WHY THE HELL CAN'T LEE MORRIS BE RELEASED?? mickey can have him too if he is still alive, aint herd anythin about him for a long time

Because he is injured, how many times ffs.

matt_c0nn0lly said:
hate to say it but cov wont go down, matt heath is a good defender that we should of kept considerin CL likes young players that have come from the youth system, which he was the only one of any real talent in long time, scowy wasn't released cus hes shit, its cus he was on too much wages and i think a lot of people would of like to see him stay, and as for canero, only seen him play a few times, seems able to do a job at this level but i supose with maybury and stearman it wasn't worth paying him to eat and get physio. WHY THE HELL CAN'T LEE MORRIS BE RELEASED?? mickey can have him too if he is still alive, aint herd anythin about him for a long time

Hang on! was I watching the wrong Heath, or did I only just see his bad games?! Ok he's young, but hes slow, gets caught out of position too often, looses his concentration, has a tendency to put the ball in his own net, and his distribution was dreadful!

Scowy did a job for us, but whats the point keeping a striker, paying him stupid wages when he cant find the net? (Jury still out on MDV before anyone says anything)

I didnt mind Canero, he look OK to me, and would have been OK back up, but I would rather have Stearman, who I think looks a class act, than a pie loving injury magnet! That last statement goes for Morris too, wasnt too please when we signed him, what being from Derby and with his injury history, but for him to be sat in the treatment room creaming the club makes me mad! :mad: Do you think the treatment table has a 'Reserved' sign on it just for Mr Morris? ;)

matt_c0nn0lly said:

Sorry to disagree matt but Heath was a liability a lot of the time, lovely lad but he's too slow, awful distribution and went missing/lost concentration at corners. He got away with a lot beacuse 'he's one of our own'. If he'd been bought in from another team he'd would have been slagged off big time. Scowcroft was a complete waste of money, look at his goal scoring record at City for a clue, for a tallish player the amount of times he missed from clear headers was a disgrace. He was a deadweight striker with no pace or guile. As a winger... well do I need to say anything about that fiasco?

These two players were poor, at last we have a manager with some sort of vision and plan, I'm not saying it's the right one but at least he's looking further than the current season which is more than can be said for Taylor, Bassett or Adams.

Fully agree with you about Lee Morris though - waste of the physio's time I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Blaby blue blood said:
Hang on! was I watching the wrong Heath, or did I only just see his bad games?! Ok he's young, but hes slow, gets caught out of position too often, looses his concentration, has a tendency to put the ball in his own net, and his distribution was dreadful!

Scowy did a job for us, but whats the point keeping a striker, paying him stupid wages when he cant find the net? (Jury still out on MDV before anyone says anything)

I didnt mind Canero, he look OK to me, and would have been OK back up, but I would rather have Stearman, who I think looks a class act, than a pie loving injury magnet! That last statement goes for Morris too, wasnt too please when we signed him, what being from Derby and with his injury history, but for him to be sat in the treatment room creaming the club makes me mad! :mad: Do you think the treatment table has a 'Reserved' sign on it just for Mr Morris? ;)

Crikey - I was typing whrn you posted, I guess I concur then Blaby Blue!

webmaster said:
Some people thought Marcus Bent (the poster, not the player, obviously!) was Cork's son, but he wasn't. Can't tell you whose son he is though.

Er, wouldn't have the surname Bent would he?

Pressman???

After the conversation the other day would the surname bent mean he could been Arnar Gunlaugssons son?:icon_lol:

Also totally agree on the Heath front apart from obviously what Matt connolly said in the first place. Hang on your not Davids son are you?

is it you? :)

webmaster said:
No. I'm not going to start giving away confidential information.
He didn't want people to know who he is so I'd be abusing my position if I revealed his identity.

Good man Webbie. :) :) ;) :023:

webmaster said:
No. I'm not going to start giving away confidential information.
He didn't want people to know who he is so I'd be abusing my position if I revealed his identity.

Boooooooooooo. No fun.

Fair play though, ;)

well this is what a Cov fan thinks of Mick's team after last night's 3-1 defeat to Port Vale:

It might seem weird but there were actually a few encouraging signs from this fixture. I missed the first Vale goal but the second and third were very simple headers and all in all Vale looked a neat and tidy side who could play a bit of football and make a chance or two. Coventry were dire for the first 45 and trialist Darren Powell will surely be sent packing after a woeful display.

After the break Powell along with a few others were removed and Coventry looked a different side. Dele Adebola made an appearance and looked full of confidence and it was he who scored the Coventry goal with a fine run that took him past a couple of Vale defenders before firing into the top corner of Goodlad's goal. That was not the only chance though. McSheffrey had a number of good opportunities including one effort that ended up in row ZD. He also had a penalty saved by Goodlad which was poorly struck and easy for the keeper. James Scowcroft also had chances but his body language suggested a severe lack of confidence. There were also other assorted chances but none found the net.

The difference in performance in the first and second halves was quite remarkable but the second half team was certainly a much more sensible outfit anyway. In the first half James Scowcroft had been playing on the wing and looked poor and produced nothing. In the second half he was the same but was playing upfront now and Claus Jorgenson was on the right wing and looked bright and did a fair job. Darren Powell was useless in the first half yet in the second Micky Doyle was introduced and he ran around kicking people which if nothing else disrupted Vale's passing game. Matt Heath and Adrian Williams looked slow and cumbersome in the first half while in the second Richard Shaw brought some calm to the defence while Robert Page marauded around kicking anyone with the cheek to come near him but most importantly of all Dele Adebola came on and provided a bit of spark at the top end of the field. He looks fit, confident and in form ahead of the new season and if he carries on where he left off tonight he could be on for 20 goals this season.

So the lessons learnt from tonight should be;

1. Don't sign Darren Powell
2. Don't play Scowcroft, Heath and Williams
3. Use wingers on the wing instead of strikers
4. Play Adebola, Page and Doyle
5. Use Richard Shaw as often as possible
6. Stop trying to play football and kick everything that moves

Also credit to the Port Vale PA dude and the fans for wishing us well this season. Hopefully we can meet again in the Championship next season. As opposed to League One which looks a distinct possiblity the way we are playing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

not looking good then?:icon_lol:

beaumontfox said:
well this is what a Cov fan thinks of Mick's team after last night's 3-1 defeat to Port Vale:

It might seem weird but there were actually a few encouraging signs from this fixture. I missed the first Vale goal but the second and third were very simple headers and all in all Vale looked a neat and tidy side who could play a bit of football and make a chance or two. Coventry were dire for the first 45 and trialist Darren Powell will surely be sent packing after a woeful display.

After the break Powell along with a few others were removed and Coventry looked a different side. Dele Adebola made an appearance and looked full of confidence and it was he who scored the Coventry goal with a fine run that took him past a couple of Vale defenders before firing into the top corner of Goodlad's goal. That was not the only chance though. McSheffrey had a number of good opportunities including one effort that ended up in row ZD. He also had a penalty saved by Goodlad which was poorly struck and easy for the keeper. James Scowcroft also had chances but his body language suggested a severe lack of confidence. There were also other assorted chances but none found the net.

The difference in performance in the first and second halves was quite remarkable but the second half team was certainly a much more sensible outfit anyway. In the first half James Scowcroft had been playing on the wing and looked poor and produced nothing. In the second half he was the same but was playing upfront now and Claus Jorgenson was on the right wing and looked bright and did a fair job. Darren Powell was useless in the first half yet in the second Micky Doyle was introduced and he ran around kicking people which if nothing else disrupted Vale's passing game. Matt Heath and Adrian Williams looked slow and cumbersome in the first half while in the second Richard Shaw brought some calm to the defence while Robert Page marauded around kicking anyone with the cheek to come near him but most importantly of all Dele Adebola came on and provided a bit of spark at the top end of the field. He looks fit, confident and in form ahead of the new season and if he carries on where he left off tonight he could be on for 20 goals this season.

So the lessons learnt from tonight should be;

1. Don't sign Darren Powell
2. Don't play Scowcroft, Heath and Williams
3. Use wingers on the wing instead of strikers
4. Play Adebola, Page and Doyle
5. Use Richard Shaw as often as possible
6. Stop trying to play football and kick everything that moves

Also credit to the Port Vale PA dude and the fans for wishing us well this season. Hopefully we can meet again in the Championship next season. As opposed to League One which looks a distinct possiblity the way we are playing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

not looking good then?:icon_lol:

Looks like they have sussed Micky and Corky out already, Heath crap, Scowcroft useless on the wing deja vu anyone ?

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Looks like they have sussed Micky and Corky out already, Heath crap, Scowcroft useless on the wing deja vu anyone ?

It is, as you say, deja vu all over again. ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670