Capital One Cup 4th Round Draw - Home to Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our last home game against them in this competition was pretty good.
If not pretty good, at least very exciting with a great late comeback from 0-2 down to 2-2 in the dying minutes if I remember correctly. 3-3 after extra time and won on pens. Pegguy in goal?

Be interesting to see how effective Vardy is against a prem team. He's had a great start... I'm just not sure still. An excellent test though and an OK drawer. I also like Fulham, but if he plays I feel Bent will score. Just a hunch

Be interesting to see how effective Vardy is against a prem team. He's had a great start... I'm just not sure still. An excellent test though and an OK drawer. I also like Fulham, but if he plays I feel Bent will score. Just a hunch

Vardy has improved, but is still no better than an average Championship striker at present.

Bent will score, and we'll lose 3-0. Europe will have to wait for another season.

We are one of only three non premier league teams left in the competition. A great chance to become the only one left as well. Hope Pearson plays full strength and we secure a last eight spot. I was thinking about something (scary I know) - I wonder if the gulf in class between the premier league and championship can be proven prove to be widening year by year by looking at the number of premier league cups that reach the last 16 of the competition. I reckon this year the 13 premier league clubs is pretty high. Statto?

Pearson really must play his strongest team to beat them, including Dyer and Knockeart for most of the game.

It's not a great draw on paper, but we get a chance to play a team who are pretty average in the Prem. It'll be a good test for us.

Who will OldGit be cheering for...?

We are currently assessing the options that will allow us to attend and maintain domestic harmony!

I have an Arsenal fan telling me that this is a "Mickey Mouse Cup" that leads to "Mickey Mouse Europe" and that we should concentrate on the Championship.

I told him that some of my best memories are from the Cup runs we have had. I also added that although I'd rather be promoted I don't agree with playing our reserves in a local derby like we did on Tuesday.

Some of them have been spoiled by the champions league and show a complete lack of respect to this competition.

I have an Arsenal fan telling me that this is a "Mickey Mouse Cup" that leads to "Mickey Mouse Europe" and that we should concentrate on the Championship.

I told him that some of my best memories are from the Cup runs we have had. I also added that although I'd rather be promoted I don't agree with playing our reserves in a local derby like we did on Tuesday.

Some of them have been spoiled by the champions league and show a complete lack of respect to this competition.

Has he actually been to see Arsenal play? If not just laugh at him.

The club should take note of the 14k attendance verses the sheep and offer some incentives for this tie such as 2 adult tickets for £15.

Season ticket holders free with a guest at £10. All under 16's at £5 and juniors (under 6 say) at £2.

Offer free scarves for all attendees and put plackards under the seats.

Make it an atmosphere to help the players rather than the opposite and perhaps the spin off could result in more bums on seats during normal games.

Just a thought like.

The club should take note of the 14k attendance verses the sheep and offer some incentives for this tie such as 2 adult tickets for £15.

Season ticket holders free with a guest at £10. All under 16's at £5 and juniors (under 6 say) at £2.

Make it an atmosphere to help the players rather than the opposite and perhaps the spin off could result in more bums on seats during normal games.

Just a thought like.

At £15 for adults for a cup game against one of our local rivals, i'm not sure what else the club can be expected to do. £15 was very reasonable IMO and the same for the Fulham match would be excellent.

My reaction to the draw was based on the assumption it will be a half full ground at best and the atmosphere will be pants - away would have been better imo.

Positive is that Fulham travel quite poorly in terms of fans so should hopefully be same price tickets as Derby.

Be interesting to see how effective Vardy is against a prem team. He's had a great start... I'm just not sure still. An excellent test though and an OK drawer.

I agree, Vardy is a very good drawer. I've seen some of his anatomical sketches, they're very detailed.

Just a thought like.

Be twenty quid a ticket, at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572