Post Match Cardiff 0 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
is have taken that before the game. McNaughton was cracking second half, not sure what changed

Painful to watch. Not impressed with our midfield today at all.

Hard to be disappointed with a clean sheet and a point away from home, but we should've picked up the points at the end

Damn, that late Pompey winner did indeed cost me in the prediction league. Lost to Jeff again.

Good points: Clean sheet with this back four again. Looked very solid and dominated possession and chances. Johnson looked good when he came on.

Bad points: Cardiff looked a shadow of the team over the last couple of years and there for the taking. Beckford was well off the pace. Three defensive midfielders isn't pretty to watch.

Overall: Feels like two points dropped rather than one gained.

In words that Sven can understand, that was all foreplay and no penetration. :icon_conf

Vassell had 2 great chances at the end. First half we were all over them, hard not to be disappointed.

I don't understand the referee's logic behind what deserves a booking either. When he finally booked one of their players it was for kicking the ball away but then let that Kiss bloke off for doing exactly the same bloody thing afterwards.

I thought Johnson looked more up for it than our other midfielders when he came on, I thought he had a real positive impact.

Last edited:
will turn out to be a good point, but w should have taken all three for sure.
Nugent will give us options for Wednesday, whilst i think Johnson certainly put himself forward to replace either Abe (lightweight, gave the ball away) and Fernandes (seemed out of position on the left of a diamond). Danns must be pushing too - althoug perhaps not awat to Midds on wednesday.
Plusses: dominance of Mills and Bamba, Wellens good lying deep, solidity, Peltier, all action.
Minuses: diamond leaves the fullbacks with too much to do & Konchesky looks to lack a lot of pace, Vassell works hard but is no regular finisher, Beckford needs delivery tailored to him (early balls, less back to goal work, crosses from by line), 4 'one paced' midfields.

Good points: Clean sheet with this back four again. Looked very solid and dominated possession and chances. Johnson looked good when he came on.

Bad points: Cardiff looked a shadow of the team over the last couple of years and there for the taking. Beckford was well off the pace. Three defensive midfielders isn't pretty to watch.

Overall: Feels like two points dropped rather than one gained.

What he said.

I don't understand the referee's logic behind what deserves a booking either. When he finally booked one of their players it was for kicking the ball away but then let that Kiss bloke off for doing exactly the same bloody thing afterwards.

Gunnarsson would have got 4 yellow cards today with another referee.

Disappointed but content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670