Post Match Cardiff 0 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought our tempo was far too slow. Johnson, clearly has more ability than any of the starting midifielders. I have a feeling that the addition of Nugent will make a big difference.

is have taken that before the game. McNaughton was cracking second half, not sure what changed

Personally thought we allowed him to be great, no challenges when he was running at us.

A good point away from home.
Another clean sheet.:)

Back five are looking more and more like a good unit, however, when the full backs have the ball they need options apart from running up the pitch.
Wasn't impressed with Beckford, needs to play to the whistle more rather than be a moaning git.
From what I saw of Johnson when he came on, the lad can play.

In words that Sven can understand, that was all foreplay and no penetration. :icon_conf

When got on top in the second half and had all that posession on the edge of their box, I was crying out for someone to run at the defence, which a tired defender stuck out a leg and gave away a penalty, but we kept looking to pass, and sooner or later, the pass gets intercepted. We don't seem to have a winger who can run at people in the squad

When we made the substitions with 20 mins left, why not change the 'style' of play instead of the like-for-like Beckford for Schupp. I would have brought on Howard (his confidence up after his goal there in midweek) and leave Beckford on for the flick-ons.

Back four looked good against an experienced forward line of Whittingham/Kenny Miller - solid games from centre-backs Mills & Bamba, full backs Pelltier & Konch. They never looked like beating Schmiekel, so a point was never in doubt

When got on top in the second half and had all that posession on the edge of their box, I was crying out for someone to run at the defence, which a tired defender stuck out a leg and gave away a penalty, but we kept looking to pass, and sooner or later, the pass gets intercepted. We don't seem to have a winger who can run at people in the squad

When we made the substitions with 20 mins left, why not change the 'style' of play instead of the like-for-like Beckford for Schupp. I would have brought on Howard (his confidence up after his goal there in midweek) and leave Beckford on for the flick-ons.

Back four looked good against an experienced forward line of Whittingham/Kenny Miller - solid games from centre-backs Mills & Bamba, full backs Pelltier & Konch. They never looked like beating Schmiekel, so a point was never in doubt

a) Howard wasn't on the bench.
b) Howard doesn't give flick ons, he gives away fouls.

A good point away from home.
Another clean sheet.:)

Back five are looking more and more like a good unit, however, when the full backs have the ball they need options apart from running up the pitch.
Wasn't impressed with Beckford, needs to play to the whistle more rather than be a moaning git.
From what I saw of Johnson when he came on, the lad can play.

That's about right - we're going in the right direction, just not quickly enough. Beckford seems well able to unwind his neck to give the ref a mouthful for failing to give him a foul, but not when an inviting cross comes swinging across.

... and looks like Middlesbrough have Ikeme in goal Wednesday.

Ref was a soft ****ing idiot, I have never seen a ref be so ****ing pathetic, especially on our corner were he lost all control and barely failed to assert any.

We have zero creativity in midfield, and I mean zero. We cannot carve a defense open to save our lives.

Konchesky played very well, and we actually relied on him for any type of attacking wide play on the left.

Wellens was totally shit in the 2nd, could not pass for toffee.

Overall happy with a point but feel we really should have won, and maybe would have if we didn't have 3 out and out defensive midfielders on the pitch.

We looked to lightweight upfront. Beckford was too busy throwing himself on the pitch or looking for the foul.

Not a bad point but we seemed too predictable.

a) Howard wasn't on the bench.
b) Howard doesn't give flick ons, he gives away fouls.

I know you really hate Howard, but he really was effective against them on Wednesday.

Take Beckford off when he used to score goals in the 90th for Leeds very regularly, genius.

I know you really hate Howard, but he really was effective against them on Wednesday.

Against their second string.

We played 4-4-2 today and didn't score any chances. Maybe we would have with another system?

Last edited:
Like I said previously I thought the tempo of our play could have been so much better. Our build up play was one speed and never took Cardiff out of their stride. I would like to think the addition of Johnson may help improve this aspect of our play and I firmly believe that the addition of Nugent alongside Beckford will may a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669