Post Match Cardiff 0 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post cannot be serious. Miller is a lazy arsed midget. Losing 5% of headers to him as a centre back is a disgrace.

For my money, today's game was like watching two giraffes slapping each other on the neck. Toothless.
Only one true quality player on the pitch today, Peter Whittingham.

Loan market here we come.
Rumour is Macheda. Ooh er.

Dick Whittington couldn't pass wind today.

Abe and Fernandez had no effect going forward, the two full backs were more attacking than our midfielders, which is totally shit really considering how many players we have brought in, and that is my main niggle with Sven, he has signed so many midfielders and not one of the feckers is an attacking minded player.

he has signed so many midfielders and not one of the feckers is an attacking minded player.

Said the same after the first week of the season, not a single player capable of a piece of quality or a bit of magic. A Taarabt, a Hoolanan, a Lansbury or similar. It's all bit a funcitional which is fine as along as it's clinically done.

Today I thought I was not far off a very good away performance, if it wasn't for that tooth-buck midget we'd have been one-up at HT. Vassell's chance at the end was very difficult, he should have done a lot better with one before that possibly squaring to Schlupp. We're not far off IMO.

Thought the back four played well Mills MoM for me, Bamba not far behind. Peltier is proving to be a cracking signing, St Ledger is going to have his work cut out to dislodge him as first choice right back. Konchesky looks another solid signing, maybe Liverpool was step to far, particularly in a poor Liverpool side. Midfield hard one to analyse, Yuki looks good, Wellens didn't have a very good game today far to slow when in possesion, and nearly gave away a goal because of it. King little or no penetration going forward, what little momentum we had was lost on the edge of the box, then we faffed about trying to find a pass to someone in the penalty area. Thought Beckford did alright considering the lack of meaningful service and that applies to the rest of the forwards. Vassells chance in injury time was tough, I thought he did well to get his head on it. Johnson looked a class act when he came on I hope he stays injury free, he could really make a positive addition to Svens midfield options. Schulpp again looks full of confidence, but he cannot do it on his own. Overall a good point, but we could have had all three.

Said the same after the first week of the season, not a single player capable of a piece of quality or a bit of magic. A Taarabt, a Hoolanan, a Lansbury or similar. It's all bit a funcitional which is fine as along as it's clinically done.

Today I thought I was not far off a very good away performance, if it wasn't for that tooth-buck midget we'd have been one-up at HT. Vassell's chance at the end was very difficult, he should have done a lot better with one before that possibly squaring to Schlupp. We're not far off IMO.

Seriously? I don't feel it was a difficult chance at all.. He did the right thing by heading it down, just didn't get a good enough connection on the ball. I can't help but feel that if that was Beckford or even Howard that would've been in and we'd have been taking 3 points home.

Seriously? I don't feel it was a difficult chance at all.. He did the right thing by heading it down, just didn't get a good enough connection on the ball. I can't help but feel that if that was Beckford or even Howard that would've been in and we'd have been taking 3 points home.

It was a big ask. You taught to throw yourself at the ball, he did and got a decent enough connection to beat the keeper. If the game was played two months later, it would have gone in with a soft ground. It's one of those where it looks easy, try doing it.

Wittingham was out of it first half. McNaughtin was far more dangerous for me. How old is he? His face looks about 25 but he's a silver fox
Super Kev is 29. Get fecked about last year being put on the left hand of defence. Great game today, just needed some decent attackers to find at the end of his runs.

Oh, one last thing......your lot sang 'Your ground's too big for you'.
Seriously?

Last edited:
Standard line amongst most away support these days.

How many were there anyways? There was one point during the second half where if you closed your eyes, it sounded like it was taking place on a park.
21,154 our lowest of the season for a league game.
Not surprising really being a televised game against a mid division side.
But seriously, you have to fill the away end, and have an average home attendance greater than your current 71% capacity before that is anything other than laughable.

Not a bad result for us really. Again it's the whole gelling thing. Reassuring for me to here Top say that if it doesn't work out this year, we will keep plugging away at it and the support will still be there next year, great stuff. Looks like the defense in particular is starting to 'gel' as we defended well there against a side who are difficult to beat at home and before today hadn't not scored at home for some time. Decent performance, still in touch with the play offs. Hope we can keep improving and you never know if we can stay there or there abouts hopefully we will 'click' at the right time if it's to be play offs this year.

This post cannot be serious. Miller is a lazy arsed midget. Losing 5% of headers to him as a centre back is a disgrace.

For my money, today's game was like watching two giraffes slapping each other on the neck. Toothless.
Only one true quality player on the pitch today, Peter Whittingham.

Loan market here we come.
Rumour is Macheda. Ooh er.

I find it startling how people can watch such different matches, we absolutely tore you apart for about 3/4 of that game, at times in the first half I was embarrassed for you, didn't even remember seeing Dick Whittington get on the ball at all. You had to have a go second half, and you did A BIT, but come on Drydal we deserved the points today and by far and away Mills was the best player on the pitch, at both ends unfortunately for us.

I find it startling how people can watch such different matches, we absolutely tore you apart for about 3/4 of that game, at times in the first half I was embarrassed for you, didn't even remember seeing Dick Whittington get on the ball at all. You had to have a go second half, and you did A BIT, but come on Drydal we deserved the points today and by far and away Mills was the best player on the pitch, at both ends unfortunately for us.
Startling indeed.

Not a bad result for us really. Again it's the whole gelling thing. Reassuring for me to here Top say that if it doesn't work out this year, we will keep plugging away at it and the support will still be there next year, great stuff. Looks like the defense in particular is starting to 'gel' as we defended well there against a side who are difficult to beat at home and before today hadn't not scored at home for some time. Decent performance, still in touch with the play offs. Hope we can keep improving and you never know if we can stay there or there abouts hopefully we will 'click' at the right time if it's to be play offs this year.

In before someone else. What a cretin.. etc etc

We would have settled for a point pre game lets be happy. For all those who slagged off Mills this season , what do u think of him now?. Lets ease Nugent back and see if it ignites Beckford, also Johnson pushing hard now to replace Wellens or Fernandes, and maybe Gally for King, were doing ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669