Cardiff 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The result is disappointing but not at all unexpected.

We might as well also accept that we are probably going to lose on Friday. Pearson doesn't have enough quality back up to properly freshen up the side but he needs to conserve his resources for the QPR match which has now become crucial.

I still think that we have a better than even chance of reaching the play offs and the chance of a big cash bonanza next season, although I doubt very much if the squad is strong enough to make it through the play offs. Unfortunately our limitations are being exposed at the business end of the season - and this was always a strong possibility with an over-achieving team.

Fryatt was crucial and asking him to come back from that injury and make the difference this season is probably asking too much.

For me, the season now will stand or fall on how we defend.

We were missing five defenders last night through injury and illness - Tunchev, Bruce, Berner, McGivern and Brown. However, we still had three of the four defenders playing that have been so solid recently. Neilson's confidence is shot and everybody knows he's a liability.

For me, it's remarkable that Morrison and Hobbs are still going so strongly. Both have been put through a ridiculous schedule of games for players so inexperienced. Whilst many have wobbled over recent games, these two have stood firm and been consistent.

The key for me is not simply getting Berner back at left back and a bit of breathing space between games, it is imperative that these two stay fit and maintain their current form.

I also think Waghorn needs a rest. Howard and Vaughan for me against WBA.

Just woke up after last night. Gutted tbh.

We played ok and Cardiff hardly ran the game.

My anger is more at the most cynical foul I have seen in years. The defender did it outside the box to avoid a peno. It was cheating, plain as and **** all will be done about it. Also the lino missing a ball which appeared way in the goal, so much the keeper gave up on it.

Worrying times now

I agree with most of that to be honest. I still feel our best defence is Berner, Brown, Hobbs, Morrison, even though I am not the biggest fan of Brown's distribution.

My anger is more at the most cynical foul I have seen in years. The defender did it outside the box to avoid a peno. It was cheating, plain as and **** all will be done about it. Also the lino missing a ball which appeared way in the goal, so much the keeper gave up on it.

Worrying times now

Again I still can't understand why it is more worrying than before the game, teams below us are no nearer to catching us

Again I still can't understand why it is more worrying than before the game, teams below us are no nearer to catching us

Because the lead was seven pts a few weeks ago, this weekend there is a high chance it will be cut to one and top it all off, the confidence of the team is looking fragile (the most important of the three thing I've mentioned).

We might as well also accept that we are probably going to lose on Friday. Pearson doesn't have enough quality back up to properly freshen up the side but he needs to conserve his resources for the QPR match which has now become crucial.

I still think that we have a better than even chance of reaching the play offs and the chance of a big cash bonanza next season, although I doubt very much if the squad is strong enough to make it through the play offs. Unfortunately our limitations are being exposed at the business end of the season - and this was always a strong possibility with an over-achieving team.

Fryatt was crucial and asking him to come back from that injury and make the difference this season is probably asking too much.

:038: Top Post, save me from having to write it

Last edited:

I think some people were doing that before the last time we travelled to Albion.

Can someone remind me what happened?

i see why some are saying we should forget the wba and focus on qpr but if/when we lose on friday then thatll be 4 on the bounce and itll affect the confidence - if it hasnt already - and sometimes its hard to get out of a losing rut and if we dont score 1st and quite early on v qpr then some of the natives will start booing which will nock the confidence out of the team even more

OH was reading me the team from last night except for neilson and told me to guess who was at left back - and when he told me i swore and said come back mcgivern!!!!

Worrying times now

gabor.jpg

Right then, I have down calmed down thanks to a combination of feeling like a cast member of the Living Dead and standing around in fields freezing my cock off.

First half, Cardiff had a lot possession first 20. Then we had a lot without having a clue what to do with it. N'Guessan our main outlet couldn't beat their full-back. They scored two goals through our failure to clear the ball after losing the first challenge, that nearly happened again but it was whacked off the line and then we let their right-back run with the ball 65 yards before he spooned his shot wide. Other than that Cardiff weren't much cop and we never had anything to worry about. The corner from the angle the City support were at looked way,way in.

Second half, 4-4-2 more balanced. Didn't create enough clear-cut opportunities however bar the cheating bastard hauling down Vaughan (going off what Dave Jones was saying on the radio, they are ****ed for a back four on Saturday - g'won Swansea....he also described their performance 'their best of the season', well **** me what was the score at Ashton Gate). Frustating ultimately as we had one goal ruled out and denied a penalty.

No-one really should out as poor bar Solano who continues to try the pass of the season every time he gets it. Neilson wasn't that bad...when Burke DID get passed him (how the **** was he MOTM?), the cross went nobody and the shots wide. Then again no-one stood out, Spearing will have to understand he's playing with poorer player cos occasionally he was looking for some simple balls and found some space but no ****er would pass it to him or read his pass. Waghorn looks jaded....if possible give Vaughan a go...he looked very eager (should have had a bastard goal!).

Cardiff City Stadium = shit
Cardiff City fans = shit bar the last ten minutes
Chants of the night = 'Have you ever had a wank?' & 'Our alphabet's too big for you!'

Hey Rhydal, a question about your ground. Why is there such a large open area behind the seats on three sides of the ground? Is this something that will be developed later? Looks a bit like you ran out of money to finish it to be honest, is that the case? Same thing at the Walkers concourse in places too, so not having a pop, just curious if you know anything about it. :icon_wink

Oh, and another thing. Does it always bloody rain in Wales?

Dissapointed that we couldn't equalise but I wasn't expecting anything last night, worringly though I can't see us getting anything at WBA so need to hope Scunny beat Blackpool.

i see why some are saying we should forget the wba and focus on qpr but if/when we lose on friday then thatll be 4 on the bounce and itll affect the confidence - if it hasnt already - and sometimes its hard to get out of a losing rut and if we dont score 1st and quite early on v qpr then some of the natives will start booing which will nock the confidence out of the team even more

OH was reading me the team from last night except for neilson and told me to guess who was at left back - and when he told me i swore and said come back mcgivern!!!!

I'm not saying that we should forget about the Baggies game - merely that I think we are going to lose to a stronger side.

I hope to be proved wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670