Cardiff 2 Leicester 3, lost on pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleased we got that far to be honest. Silly penalty but he obviously thought it would work. Shame we didn't deal with the ball in for their penalty. We should have just hoofed it out. But then again the linesman should have done his job. He won't get sacked though. Listen, there is no point in going on about it. Our season is over. All I can offer is my common felt sadness and my pride in our fantastic football team. Let's hope for better luck next season. Come on Leicester!

The thing is Yann will never ever be forgiven now, unless he scores the winning goal in a play off final etc. Fans will hound him now regardless of his performances because of his stupid mistake. The guy is probably best of leaving

Maybe Hobbs should have been in there instead.......but it is all "ifs" after the fact......well done Leicester:038:

I've just got back home. I pity the 1999 others or so who have to make a 3 hour journey back feeling like I'm feeling.

It was an amazing evening and the atmosphere amongst the City fans was phenomenal. I'd like to thank Blue Maniac for picking up my ticket and bringing it down to Cardiff. It was good to meet him and Boc, who I bumped into whilst we unsuccessfully trying to tie up his flag.

Simply gutted, Yann's penalty was just ridiculous and a horrid way to end the season. A great performance on the night though (although we should have been 4 down in 20 minutes with that awful defending) and what a brilliant season.

Now I'm going to have to face text after text and Cardiff work colleagues tomorrow patronisingly telling me how unlucky we were and that it was a great night

Pleased we got that far to be honest. Silly penalty but he obviously thought it would work. Shame we didn't deal with the ball in for their penalty. We should have just hoofed it out. But then again the linesman should have done his job. He won't get sacked though. Listen, there is no point in going on about it. Our season is over. All I can offer is my common felt sadness and my pride in our fantastic football team. Let's hope for better luck next season. Come on Leicester!

Good night everyone......its been a pleasure suffering together with You all...lets pick up the pieces & prove our worth in the new season:038:

LEICESTER `TIL WE DIE:028:

From the stands it seemed as if Bothroyd was a disgrace, trying to get a booking everytime he had the ball, and Webb fell for it every single time. Was it as bad as it seemed?

If you had said to me at the beginning of the season we would be in the play offs I would have called you a mongie... despite the result I am proud of them, we have achieved so much more than I ever thought we would and hope we build on this for next season, onwards and upwards and all that.

i think that is what makes it harder. We came so close but no cigar in sight.

Its a funny old game

From the stands it seemed as if Bothroyd was a disgrace, trying to get a booking everytime he had the ball, and Webb fell for it every single time. Was it as bad as it seemed?

Oh yes... I've never seen such a display. 10/10 for artistic performance.

Best way not to win, for me - sometimes giving a great account, sometimes riding our luck but still being there to the end of the tie.

I feel sorry for Yann, though - he'll be haunted by that for the rest of his life.

If you had said to me at the beginning of the season we would be in the play offs I would have called you a mongie... despite the result I am proud of them, we have achieved so much more than I ever thought we would and hope we build on this for next season, onwards and upwards and all that.

Indeed.

Spot on, Cate:icon_wink

Totally gutted but optimistic for next season. Perhaps a start to the run in the play offs we had in the 90's.
This team is the best we have had for years, but perhaps needs another season in th championship.
Yann put you foot through it or don't take it!!!!!

It will take a massive effort to get to what we achieved this season. I worry...

in fairness you can see Cardiff have that extra bit of class over teams like us. Not as often giving the ball away in good positions. Creative play on the deck whereas we played a lot of hoofball up to Howard all match (though it worked ok!) They have gone through some crap in recent seasons so we can take solace in the fact that if we keep on the same course, our day will come as it does for all good teams.

in fairness you can see Cardiff have that extra bit of class over teams like us. Not as often giving the ball away in good positions. Creative play on the deck whereas we played a lot of hoofball up to Howard all match (though it worked ok!)

you're absolutely right. Every time we've played them their front players have looked so much more dangerous than ours. But we gave them the ball so much in the first half. We did so well to win the 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669