Cardiff 2 Leicester 3, lost on pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that's the last time I feel so down after a penalty shoot out this year, (Are you listening England?).

Game had everything, skill, mistakes, highs, lows, dubious ref decisions. Reasons why I love the game, but it doesn't stop it hurting any less.

As for who will win the final, couldn't give a shit. Best of luck to both teams.

It will take a massive effort to get to what we achieved this season. I worry...
Maybe not Alex..... Burnley, Hull and Portsmouth down. Ok they have the money with them and Portsmouth might not have a team, I expect them to be near the bottom fighting relegation. Burnley and Hull I don't think are going to be any real danger, So at the top it will be the usual suspects and maybe Leeds.

Jeff said it on the Rich Pee thread but at least we put up a fight tonight....if they'd have rolled over like I thought they were going to do in the first 10 minutes we'd have just been furious rather than gutted. They did us proud.

Good points.. Let's hope you're right. Bristol City and Middlesbrough will be strong this year - Leeds to do what we did this term I reckon.

Maybe not Alex..... Burnley, Hull and Portsmouth down. Ok they have the money with them and Portsmouth might not have a team, I expect them to be near the bottom fighting relegation. Burnley and Hull I don't think are going to be any real danger, So at the top it will be the usual suspects and maybe Leeds.

Agreed. But it's a matter of keeping momentum (and players). Many teams have shown that getting in the play-offs isn't necessarily a predictor of a top half finish the year after.

For the benefit of next season, Cardiff going up and Blackpool staying down would be a good result.

That was 2 1/2 of the most amazing/tense/emotional/excruciating hours of my life. One of those games that will live with me til the day I die.

Such a magnificent season, it really felt like the start of something special. We have come so far in the past 2 seasons and to have it ended, like that...

Kermorgant, you ****ing clutz. I feel ill :icon_cry:

Agreed. But it's a matter of keeping momentum (and players). Many teams have shown that getting in the play-offs isn't necessarily a predictor of a top half finish the year after.

For the benefit of next season, Cardiff going up and Blackpool staying down would be a good result.

i agree with that.

If reports on here are true and we are losing the likes of Hobbs, then we need to rebuild. Lucky to be in top 10 next year

I hate it when I am right....

From day one I have said he is just a lazy French **** who has little or no ability, he proved it on perhaps the biggest stage he will ever get on.........I seriously hope it is the biggest stage he is on. I cannot express how much I hate the ****ing twat right now

Some feckin right doom n gloom merchants on here.
Let's see who NP brings in before we sound the death toll for next season.

Signing off til next season, bye all

I hate it when I am right....

From day one I have said he is just a lazy French **** who has little or no ability, he proved it on perhaps the biggest stage he will ever get on.........I seriously hope it is the biggest stage he is on. I cannot express how much I hate the ****ing twat right now

Im annoyed as much as anyone but the guy has ability. And hes definitely not lazy-he made quite a few decent defensive challenges in extra time (not that anyone will remember that!)

Look, let's get some perspective on this. Yann stepped up to the plate to take a penalty in one of the most high pressure situations he might ever face. He did what he thought would work and it didn't. Another time, another day, it probably would.

Waggy stepped up next to take one and did what he thought would work and it didn't.

Credit to both of them for doing their best in a bad situation.

The fact is, it should never have got to penalties in the first place. We were in front and gave away a stupid penalty. The fact that the ref's assistant chose to ignore the fact that Chopra was a mile offside is, at this point, neither here nor there.

We spent most of the game under the cosh. We struggled to deal with what Cardiff were doing and nearly every time they came forward they looked dangerous.

Don't berate Kermogant for what he did (not unless you're prepared to do the same for Waggy). The game should have been won well before the end of 90 minutes.

We have surpassed the initial expectations of just about every single Leicester City supporter who was at Stoke to witness what happened two years ago.

Now is not the time for blame or recriminations. Now is the time to go away, sit somewhere quiet and lick the bits that are sore. Come out of your corner in a week or two and look forward to what we can achieve next year.

We have been exceptional in just about every department this season. The backbone and spirit has returned to Leicester City.

Now is the time to be proud to be a Leicester City supporter.

COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS.

Im annoyed as much as anyone but the guy has ability. And hes definitely not lazy-he made quite a few decent defensive challenges in extra time (not that anyone will remember that!)

Why should they? His arrogance showed he clearly thinks he is better than us and is clearly nowhere near good enough for us. I for one will be counting down the days until his contract expires, utter wanker that he is

Couldn't watch, accidentally found out the half time score so then went for a mammoth drive around the countryside to try (unsuccesfully) take my mind off it. Just knew we'd lose on ****ing penalties. Switched the radio on just as Waghorn missed his.
Can't be doing with football any more, the World Cup can go **** itself.

SJN - I actually think that the reaction to Yann was less harsh overall than I thought it might be!

To be honest I've already calmed down a bit now

Still devastated, but this was all a bonus. A fantastic season, and the league is probably weaker next season anyway. And hopefully we can build on what we've already got. We don't need many changes, so just a couple of signings to add a bit of quality to what we've got.

And Tunchev will be back next season! :) (hopefully)

Why should they? His arrogance showed he clearly thinks he is better than us and is clearly nowhere near good enough for us. I for one will be counting down the days until his contract expires, utter wanker that he is
Read SJNs post, it might give you some good advice. Yanns an idiot for doing what he did, but its not necessarily arrogance-how do you know it wasn't because he was so nervous that he wanted to make sure he got the ball on target and that seemed like a good option in the heat of the moment? No-one knows what was going through his head at that time

Good luck in the final Rhydal.

:038: Hope you go on to win it.

Good luck Drydal.

Rhydal, when you get on, good luck in the final.

Good luck rydall and Cardiff

Cardiff going up and Blackpool staying down would be a good result.

Am I alone in wanting Blackpool to stuff bloody Cardiff and that cheat Bothroyd?

I've got a lot of respect for Dave Jones but I hope he feels the pain of defeat on his big day out.

It hurts to say this, but go Olly and go DJ :icon_cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670