Cardiff 2 Leicester 3, lost on pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking ahead to next season (I know it's probably a little early, but why not), if we want automatic promotion, who do you think should go so as to free up some resources for Nigel and where do we need to improve? Here's what I think:

To go:

Solano (great effort from the little man last night and a great professional, but he's not a right back)

Nielsen (not good enough for a promotion chasing side)

Brown (has done well overall this season, but is found out against strikers with flair/real pace)

Dyer (some useful performances, but we do not a winger that can consistently get past defenders and get in good crosses/tracking back to help defenders)

Howard (superb performance last night, but, overall, has had a disappointing season. I think he's past his best)

Kermorgant (nothing to do with his penalty miss last night, but I'm not quite sure he can really make it at this level. Given Nige's post match comments, I think Yann might be off very soon)

Gallagher (some good performances, but I'm not sure that we have had real value for money from someone who isn't quite a midfielder and isn't quite a forward).

Adams (on the periphery of the team. Not good enough for a promotion chasing side)

Oakley ( past his best.)

What we need:

1) Big, powerful front man to play alongside Fryatt ( someone like Bothroyd)
2) A box-to-box midfielder who can score goals
3) A pacy winger
4) A decent right back that comes forward

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?p=923245#post923245

Chopra kicked wellens in the head and got nothing.
King made a very light tackle, won the ball and got booked.
I think if that's the best ref England has then it somes up what a state the professional referee association is in.

I also think that he missed Marshall coming off his line for Yann's and Waggy's penalties, which is probably why he saved them. The Sky commentators made th point before the shoot out began that the referee was having a word with both keepers about staying on the line!

Absolutely in agreement about Chopra. I know it's not much to go by but on his facebook (if it is his) he's also still wearing newcastle training stuff. Hate him, not a big fan of Bothroyd and his am-drams, and much as though I like Cardiff I think it's a shame that these two are there.

That said rather they go up than blackpool- always nice to be beaten by a winning side as it shows there's a reason why we were beaten (even if it is because of a bad decision (or indecision) and a total lottery.

True, but I'd prefer Blackpool so we can sell DJ on!!

Chopra kicked wellens in the head and got nothing.
King made a very light tackle, won the ball and got booked.
I think if that's the best ref England has then it somes up what a state the professional referee association is in.

There were 6 yellows for Leicester and I feel a few of those were extremely harsh. It felt as though every minute the ref was brandishing cards at our players - possibly helped by the Cardiff players running up to him.:018:

Not really impressed with Chopra bearing in mind how much money he has cost. Looks a bit on the porky side! Not a premiership player.

****ing excellent performance last night, never been so proud of a team in my life.To go to Cardiff being a goal down and taking them to penalties is an achievement in its own right but to go a goal down and then score three is ****ing awesome and something which when we went 2 down I thought was never going to happen.

So many good performances last night the fans included, brilliant atmosphere. Easy to have a go at Yann but ah well, yes he should never have tried it but shit happens we just have to get on with it. Next season could be even more special if we keep our key players and add to the squad.

Leicester 'til I die.

BBC iPlayer. About 30 minutes of coverage.

Still say if the game involved any of the big 4 that offside decision would be under so much scrunity.

Pearson's contract has another year to run.

didn't really notice it at the time, as i was screaming at Bruce to clear it, but having seen it again it wasn't even marginal

We thought it was whittingham that was offside at the time. At least we were claiming for the correct offence.

****ing excellent performance last night, never been so proud of a team in my life.To go to Cardiff being a goal down and taking them to penalties is an achievement in its own right but to go a goal down and then score three is ****ing awesome and something which when we went 2 down I thought was never going to happen.

So many good performances last night the fans included, brilliant atmosphere. Easy to have a go at Yann but ah well, yes he should never have tried it but shit happens we just have to get on with it. Next season could be even more special if we keep our key players and add to the squad.

Leicester 'til I die.

Agree with just about all of that Harbs. Was extremely proud to be a City fan on Wednesday night. Great performance by the lads to go there and score three goals after being 2 down. The atmosphere in our end was fantastic, we didn't stop singing all night even after we went 1nil down.

Loved Stevie Howard's reaction in the corner flag to all the City fans when we had a corner in extra time. Also when he came over to applaud all the City fans despite all the Cardiff fans being on the pitch. :038::038::038:

Did anyone else see that Cardiff twat run on to the pitch after the game was over and start nazi saluting and goading all the City fans whilst standing next to a copper ??!!!! :098::018: Unbelievable !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669