Post Match Cardiff 2 Leicester City 2 League Cup (Lost 7-6 Pens)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cardiff City2 Leicester 2 League Cup

Can a mod please put a space between the 'City' and the '2', as I don't like that it is associated with my name.

Many thanks. :008:

They were saying on SKy Sports News that Cardiff really were looking tired at the end. I know they didn't have their first team out either but they also don't have as big a squad as us so perhaps this could bode well for the game at the weekend if a couple of their 11 have to play again on Sunday. That said I'd definitely take a 2-2 draw at the weekend

Hopefully the lads will be seeking revenge on Sun, I'm sure Fernandez will be looking to put on a good showing.

Weale did let in a shot from outside the penalty area. :icon_conf

I think Kasper would have saved the second one for damn sure and I'm surprised Sven didn't think during the course of the game, that it might be useful to bring him on incase of penalties.

Gelson Fernandes ooops!

At least Yann Kermogant forced a save from the keeper !!!!!!!

I don't see the vitriol aimed at Fernandes for a disgraceful attempt from a 'premiership quality, experienced, international player'.

Re: Gelson Fernandes ooops!

Sweet Baby Jebus.....

I don't see the vitriol aimed at Fernandes for a disgraceful attempt from a 'premiership quality, experienced, international player'.

Bizarre. Do the nurses know you have internet access?

strange how some peole's mind works, having said that it's a good job were not all the same

I realise that this post may not be serious but I will reply just in case it is.

The objection to Yann's penalty was that it was arrogant - he was trying to be clever.
Waghorn also missed a penalty just after Yann but it was simply a poor penalty and so he remained popular.
I have not seen Fernandes effort and while I agree a penalty taker should at least be on target there has been no suggestion that he was trying to be clever.

The thing that annoyed me most was the players giving up in the 2nd half of extra time and just playing for penalties, I don't care how tired they were after 100+ minutes of football, don't give up.

Spot on. the extra time was a complete waste of time.

I don't think I'll bother with long distance away matches in the league cup anymore, too much money wasted on going to see 2nd string teams playing for a bit of fitness and not getting home until 2am really isn't any fun.

It was a real pain. I didn't get home until well past 10.45.
Joking aside I felt a huge respect for all of you lot that did travel. Especially BM and his 11 hour odyssey.

The 90 minutes were entertaining enough. I thought St.Ledger did pretty well - far better than Mills but that's not saying much. Schlupp was lively although faded after about 70 minutes. Johnson was solid enough in front of the back four, a couple of good touches, but again faded a bit which is probably only natural. At least he lasted longer on his return than McPhail did.

We really shouldn't have let them equalize, we were on top in the 2nd half, but whenever they did break you felt an error was always likely.

Sweet Baby Jebus.....

Such a shame we've gone out of this prestigious tournament though, watching the League Cup Show was like an education last night in recognising stars of the future and the reserve squads we might need to loan from if an extra boost is needed.

cardiff get burnley, another winnable tie. Hopefully their cup run will distract them from the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669